Categories > Theatre > Rent > Songbook of Roger Davis

Home Sweet Home

by Blaze_of_Glory 0 reviews

Roger Ponders where home really is. Implied Slash, but I'll leave it to you to decide.

Category: Rent - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Roger - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-11-24 - Updated: 2005-11-24 - 333 words

0Unrated
Sometimes he hated the way the city got into your blood, once you're here you cant leave it behind, but it was times like today that he loved the city. The rush and excitement that came with the night suited him, or so he believed. Of course he didn't always enjoy the noise...who would? So when the noise just gets to loud he would make his way out of Alphabet City and through the streets and walk around till he ended up here. Of course it was a long walk and occasionally he would hitch a ride, but he didn't really mind, especially tonight, the sky was perfect all day and the sunset right now was just spectacular every shade Red, Orange, and Yellow perfectly blended into the other.

The air was so clean, cleaner than the city. You could even see the stars up here, In the city you can't see them through the neon lights, just a never ending inky black sky. He leaned against the ancient and twisted oak tree hanging over the edge of the ravine, looking at the skyline, glowing brightly, content with watching the city come into the night life as the sun sank lower and lower beneath the skyline. A soft breeze floated around him, and he pushed a stray lock of his sandy hair out of his face and smiled, as he turned back to go home. His smiled as he thought of the loft, and Mark. He knew Mark was probably worried out of his mind at where he had been all day...the thought made him smile wider as the image of his big Green eyes filled with worry and concern checked him over, like every other time.

"Home...this is where I belong, This is my home. Here with Mark and his worrisome ways..."

Pushing off of the branch, back onto more solid ground he gave the skyline one last look before he headed back down the path and started home.
Sign up to rate and review this story