Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Our Time Is Running Out

Crunching

by AlexandraSweden 0 reviews

You never know when you're going to wake up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-07-11 - Updated: 2011-07-11 - 711 words - Complete

0Unrated
Two days passed and the attackers never stopped waiting down on the street. They soon got tired of screaming things to Frank though.
Sometimes one of them disappeared for awhile, probably to sleep for a couple of hours.

Frank and Gerard didn't have time to sleep. They were too busy playing their roles as victims to do anything but shake and discuss possible ways of them to get out alive.
They still had food, but the need of sleep was greater than their hunger at the point.

Gerard's eyelids drooped and he yawned every other minute. Frank was also tired, but kept a straight face. He had gotten a plan.
Frank knew how he could survive the situation.
But the shorter man could not share his plan with Gerard.

"Do you think they know that I'm also here? Maybe they're only expecting you to be here. That could give us an advantage," Gerard said, sounding weird as he at the same time as speaking tried to hold back a yawn.
Frank shrugged.

"I don't know, but they'll probably just end us both with those iron pipes," he answered calmly, like he had accepted his fate. Gerard frowned and shivered. He only had one month and one day left to live.
Dying wasn't an option. Gerard planned on being economic with the small amount of food that they had left. The food had to last. It just had to.

Another yawn escaped Gerard's mouth and he licked his dry lips to give them some moisture. Frank sent him a look and shook his head.
"I'll look after you if you sleep," Frank said quietly.

Gerard grimaced. "No, you also need to sleep."

Frank slapped the man with long and greasy black hair playfully on his arm. "You can barely keep your eyes open! Go to sleep and then you can guard me when you wake up," he said sternly. Frank had set his mind on letting Gerard sleep first and wouldn't give in.

"But..." Gerard started but got cut off by Frank. He had grabbed Gerard's shoulders roughly, digging his fingers into the soft flesh.

"Listen to me now, God dammit. Sleep," he hissed. His dark eyebrows were furrowed and the hazel eyes shot lightnings.

"Okay," Gerard breathed. He was a bit taken aback by how serious Frank was about the sleeping thing.

Gerard curled himself up into a tired human ball on the floor and closed his eyes. "Good," Gerard heard Frank breathe the one little word into his ear and that was what he fell asleep to.

The world and the harsh reality was pulled away from Gerard as he drifted off to sleep. Soon he found himself walking in a blooming garden, watching his mother pick apples from a big beautiful tree.
Frank laid on a plaid quilt and looked sexier than ever. The shorter man's hair was clean and he had a healthy glow to his skin.

It was only a dream, but Gerard wanted to make the most out of it regardless of it really happened or not. He placed himself next to Frank on the quilt.
The shorter man immediately put his head on Gerard's lap.

Gerard let his slender fingers run through Frank's smooth hair while humming on an upbeat song. Birds sang along. The wind sang along. The world sang along.
After a few minutes, Gerard stopped humming and just looked at the man resting on his lap. He couldn't stop thinking about how absolutely gorgeous the angelic man was.
His cheeks were rosy, as if he had been sunbathing for an hour.

"This is just a dream," Frank whispered. Gerard ruffled his lover's hair lovingly.

"I know."

Dark clouds started to cover up the sun and darkness fell over the garden.
"You have to wake up," Frank continued and started to fade away into smoke. Gerard desperately tried to grab what was left of Frank before all of him turned into a cloud of black smoke.

"I know," Gerard repeated sadly and felt himself being sucked back into reality.

The sound of something crunching was what brought Gerard back to consciousness again.

It took him a second to realise where the crunching sounds came from.
It was the sound of his bones breaking.
Sign up to rate and review this story