Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babe I'll Be Your Outcast

If I run away, how long will you look for me?

by SimplexMinded 3 reviews

she walked into the kitchen to find Gerard leaning against the stove with a cup of coffee in his hand. He was staring down at it, clearly in deep thought.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-07-14 - Updated: 2011-07-15 - 1718 words - Complete

1Original
Gerard paced back and forth outside the bus, running his hands through his hair. Why? Why did she have to come back? Why did he still care about her? Why couldn’t she just go away? Why couldn’t he just let her go? God, he hated this! Gerard screamed in frustration and kicked at a rock on the ground.

“You know, that rock didn’t do anything to you”

Gerard quickly turned around to see Brian standing against the bus with his hands in the front pockets of his hoodie.

“yeah well, it makes me feel better”

Gerard turned his back to Brian and took a huff from his cigarette. He heard Brian push himself off the bus and walked over, standing next to him.

“You wana talk about it?”

Brian looked down at Gerard, trying to get him to talk. Gerard sighed, knowing he could trust Brian not to say anything. He walked over to the bus and sat down, leaning against it. Brian followed doing the same.

“Alexis is back. She was raped and blamed me, I was cleared but went to the hospital to see how she was doing. She told me that she wanted out. She was tired of being a druggie and knew if I could do it, she could to. She wanted my help…..needed my help”

Gerard paused to look over at Brian who was waiting for him to continue. He took another huff of his cigarette and looked down at the dirt under his boot.

“Mikey is afraid she is just trying to drag me back down…”


“What do you think she is trying to do? Do you believe her?”

Gerard shook his head. “I don’t know. She has lied before….I just….If she really is trying to get clean…I can’t walk away. I’ve been there. I have the band, she has no one.”

Brian leaned back, thinking before speaking.

“Well Gerard, you need to decide for yourself. If you go for her, and she turns out to be a liar, then you know. Mikey may be disappointed in you but he won’t abandon you. He’s your brother. If she turns out to be truthful, you did a good thing and Mikey will…..well I don’t know what Mikey will be. I can never read him”

Gerard looked up at Brian with a smile.

“Thanks Brian.”

Brian smiled back, placing his hand on Gerard’s knee.

“Anytime. You know you can come to me about anything.”

Brian stood up, helping Gerard up as well and walked on the bus. Mikey was in his bunk, Frank was on the couch with his arms around Riley. Bob was next to Frank flipping through the channels and Ray was eating. Gerard walked passed them with a small smile and bid them a goodnight. Brian smiled at Riley, waving at her.

“Hey you. Come here, I wana talk to you”

Riley smiled, wiggling free of Frank’s grip and walked over to Brian. She crossed her arms over her chest, suddenly cold.

“What’s up?”

Brian smiled at her. “I talked to the label and they said that the only way you can stay is….”

“If I get a job. Yeah, Mikey told me about that.”

Brian laughed. “Your on the ball then. Well they agreed to let you stay and work as a ‘maid’.”

He looked around the bus and laughed. “Something tells me you’ll be over worked and under paid”

There was trash everywhere. Several fast food cups and bags were on the floor next to random socks, chip bags and lots of other things. Riley laughed.

“Once I get it clean, it better stay that way”

Brian shook his head. “Good luck with that. Anyways, I’m heading back to the office to fill some paperwork out before I go on vacation. I’ll see ya later”

Riley waived goodbye and walked back over to Frank, sitting on his lap making him groan. She twisted so she was facing him and kissed his lips. Her tongue played with his lip ring making him moan. She smiled into the kiss, moving her hand up his shirt, exposing his stomach. She felt him shiver at the sudden air that attacked his skin. Riley pulled back to look at his tattoos that were exposed. Frank whimpered when she pulled back, making her giggle. She looked up at him with a smile. Frank smiled back, wrapping his arms around her waist, bringing her down into a gentle kiss. She pulled back and rested her head on his chest.

Ray had gone to bed, not caring to watch them make out and Bob soon followed so they were alone in the front room. Frank looked down at her.

“So, what did Brian say?”

Riley shifted her head upwards, not wanting to move from her position.

“He said that I could stay so long as I had a job.”

“And that would be?”

“Maid”

Frank shifted his gaze to the mess on the bus floor and laughed.

“Have fun with that.”

“Oh I have no problem cleaning it up, but once it’s clean, it will not get dirty again.”

She sat up, placing her finger on his chest and looked at him with a serious look. Frank smiled and nodded.

“Deal. So when you clean this up, can I make you wear a French maid outfit?”

Riley laughed at his dreaming. “If I did that, no cleaning would get done”

“Oh yeah, how do you know that?”

“Because I know you Frank Anthony Iero.”

Frank shifted his position on the couch so he could sit up a little more. He looked down at her and smiled.

“You know you like it”

Riley lifted her head to kiss him again. Once again she attacked his lip ring, sucking on it and enjoying the sounds he made. Frank ran his hands up her sides, pulling her shirt up slightly. They continued this for several minutes before they ran out of breath. Riley laid her head back down on Frank’s chest. Frank wrapped his arms around her waist and they both drifted off the sleep.


Riley woke up with the sun blinding her. She was still in Frank’s arms and he was asleep. She giggled at him. He had his mouth open, drool sliding down the side of his mouth. His head was half way hanging off the couch and his leg was out from under the covers, touching the floor. She heard a rustle in the kitchen and tried to lean around the corner to see who it was. When she couldn’t, she decided to try to get up and escape Frank’s grasp. He sifted a little bit but didn’t wake up. She stood, pulling her long sleeping shirt down to cover her butt. Riley pulled the covers over Frank and fixed him so he wouldn’t fall off the couch. When he was set, she walked into the kitchen to find Gerard leaning against the stove with a cup of coffee in his hand. He was staring down at it, clearly in deep thought.

“You know, they way you look right now reminds me of that song by Carlie Simon”

Gerard looked up at her and half smiled.

“Which one?”

She walked over next to him and placed her hands behind her, leaning on the stove.

“Your So Vain. You know the one where she talks about clouds in her coffee?”

Gerard nodded “I know the song….why do I make you think of that?”

Riley shrugged. “Well, for one the coffee. But, I don’t know….the whole song is about falling out of love with some one once you realize who they really are. Being blinded by an image and not seeing the skeleton underneath.”

Gerard looked down at his coffee. “Your referring to Alexis.”

“I am. I heard you and Mikey. I know Brian talked to you but I just wanted to make sure you were ok.”

Gerard looked up at her with a smile. “I don’t know what I am……Confused for one. I can’t tell if she is lying or if she really wants help”

“Well, you don’t have to do this, but I would say go for it. I don’t know the girl or what past she has with you but if she really does want help, it seems almost cruel to look at her past to judge her future.”

Gerard was silent. He stared at his coffee thinking about what she said.

“Will you go back with me?”

He spoke, never taking his eyes off his cup. Riley smiled and briefly leaned her head on his shoulder.

“Of coarse I will. You want to go today?”

She looked up at him with a questioning look. He looked at her, his eyes filled with worry.

“Yeah….”

“Your worried about what Mikey will say.”

“He’s my brother. He knows what she has done in the past.”

“Gee, he’s your brother. He has to understand that this is what you need. I don’t know how your mind works, something tells me I never will but if this is some form of closure for you, then this is what you need to do. If your anything like me, if you walk away, you’ll spend the rest of your life wondering about….”


He interrupted her. “About the what if. What if I had believed her. What if she wasn’t lying. What if I walk away and she dies. What if I had helped her.”

“Exactly. If you want me to talk to Mikey, I will.”

He nodded. “I’d like that.”

Riley smiled and pushed off the stove. “Then it’s settled. I’ll talk to Mikey and we will go visit Alexis. Get this thing straightened out. I’m going to go take a shower, shout if you need anything ok?”

Gerard nodded and sat down on the couch, now thinking about what he was going to say to Alexis. He sighed, knowing he was just making the stress worse. He laughed at himself and drank his coffee, leaning his head back, falling asleep to the sound of water running.
Sign up to rate and review this story