Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mikey Isn't Okay

The First Gig.

by paintmylife 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-07-17 - Updated: 2011-07-17 - 527 words - Complete

0Unrated
I walk onstage to the normal screaming of the crowd. Clutching my bass, I look back one last time to Ray. He's tuning his guitar in his usual quiet manner. Suddenly, he looks up and smiles at the crowd. It's always good to see him so happy, onstage is where he loves to be.

We start off the set with 'I'm Not Okay', followed by The Black Parade and Helena.
"Okay, now," Gerard quietens the crowd using his hands. "We're gonna play you a song here called I Don't Love You," he turns back to us, shooting a smile in my direction. He takes his place on the stage once more and nods his head in time to the music. "1,2,3,4!"
We all immediately chime in, playing our instruments at different paces. I am always amazed at how easy it is for everyone to stay in time.

I keep my head down to my bass, carefully moving my fingers up and down the strings. I Don't Love You is always one of my favorite songs to play in a set. It's the one the crowd goes crazy about.

Gerard stops singing for a moment, leaving us to play the music to the second verse over again.
"You know who I love?" he shouts out to the singing crowd. "I love my brother, more than anyone." He moves over to me in a few swift steps and ruffles my hair. Before I realise what's going on, Ray moves over to us.
He pulls me into him and kisses me softly. Softer than it's ever been before. The audience goes silent for a moment, watching us kiss. Ray moves his hands up my back, then pulls away and kisses me on the cheek.
"Nice one, man," Gerard mumbles to me as he walks back to his microphone. Ray stays with me, playing on my side of the stage. It's nice to have company, especially for the whole set.

The set lasts around two hours. I drop my bass on the side of the stage and wait for Ray to do the same. Waving to the stage, I grab onto Ray's hand. The crowd shouts for us, I can't make out if it's good or bad but whatever it is, I'm too glad to be with Ray to care.

*

We sit down on the concrete outside the stadium and talk like a bunch of old men.
"That was amazing tonight, guys," Gerard high-fives us all. "Mikey, Ray..." he smirks at us. "You kissed onstage."
"Hardcore," Frank adds, grinning from ear to ear.
I blush, but Ray just pulls me onto his lap.
"I love him," he says. "And it's not like you two don't do it all the time." He laughs, playing with my hand.
"You better love him. If you break his heart, you'll have me to talk to," Gerard warns.
I look at Gerard and then back at Ray. "I love him more than anything."
"I love you too," Ray kisses me on the cheek and picks me up in his arms.
"Where we going?" I giggle.
He leans his head into my ear. "Where's a bed?" he smiles.
Sign up to rate and review this story