Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mikey Isn't Okay

Meet up.

by paintmylife 2 reviews

Mikey meets Rays Mom.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-07-20 - Updated: 2011-07-20 - 556 words - Complete

1Original
We drive on the rocky road for what seems like hours.
"Where does your Mom actually live?" I ask Ray who is sitting in the passenger seat next to mine.
We were going to travel alone, but Gerard and Frank insisted on coming along to meet Ray's Mom. Gerard's attempting to eavesdrop as he drives whilst Frank seems to intrigued by his iPhone to care less.
"In New Jersey," he replies, moving his hand over to grip mine. His palms are sweaty and it's clear that he's panicking.
"Then why's it taking so long?" I ask impatiently, tapping my fingers on the car window. Rain is splattering onto the glass, creating patterns with the merging rain drops.
A smile plays on Ray's lips. "Mikey, we don't live in New Jersey anymore. So sure it's going to take longer."
Gerard joins in Ray's laughter as I sit there, feeling more idiotic that usual. "Oh," I manage to sigh before Rays face goes back to being almost entirely expressionless.
"Hey," I look across to him. "It'll all be fine. Your Mom will understand."
He smiles weakly at me, squeezing my hand even tighter. "I hope so."
*
We arrive at a tiny cottage on the side of the road. The plants outside are wild, tangled together. It's like nobody had bothered to garden since Ray left.
Ray taps on the door and awaits for the creak of it opening. We all stand behind him, I hold his hand as a reasonably tall and slightly grey haired woman opens the door for us.
"Ray," she beams at him, "Come in... all of you." She hesitates, noticing my hand wrapped around his.

Following her into the living room, I'm bombarded with memories of Ray's childhood. In the far corner of the room there's an old acoustic guitar with the initials 'R.T on it. On the pale pink wall are crayon lines, what I suspect is a height chart considering how high it goes up.
I take a seat next to Ray on a dusty, beige couch. His Mom takes a sits down on the opposite couch where Gerard and Frank are.
"So, how is everyone?" she asks, looking at each of us individually. She stops at me, moving her gaze towards our hands again then back up to Ray.
"Goooood," Frank grins as Gerard nods in reply to her question.
"We're good," Ray confirms. "Actually Mom, I have something to tell you." He finds a sudden interest in the brown carpet as he continues. "I've got a boyfriend."
"A b-boyfriend?" she stutters. "Well honey, thats great."
"It's Mikey," he holds my shoulders and plants a kiss on my lips. I feel myself blush but smile at his Mom all the time. He puts his right hand on my leg in a protective way.
"You can come over whenever you like," she says to me, a wide smile appearing on her face. "It's been so long since Ray's liked somebody this much... and you seem to be good for him."

A/N - hope you like this chapter, I wrote it all on my phone then had to copy it out again xD A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO THE PEOPLE THAT REVIEW! YOU GUYS ARE SO MOTHER TRUCKIN' AWESOME! I'd really appreciate it if you guys could rate my chapters too. Thankyou (:
Sign up to rate and review this story