Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 1.The Only Hope For Me Is You

I'm Okay Now:Chapter 16

by EmilehFace 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-07-30 - Updated: 2011-07-30 - 561 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard and I walk to English slowly. I know he still thinks I'm embarrassed to be with him in school. I don't know how to prove to him that I'm not. Well, I'm not embarrassed, I just really cannot be fucked with people's words and threats and just general bullying really. I sigh inwardly. When I think about it though, why should I care what the people here think of me? The thing is, I don't think I do. I'm just sick of being hurt.
"Gee, please, what I said to earlier, it's true. No one can stand in the way of that." I say.
He forces a smile and then we walk into class.
Travis is sitting in the middle row of desks. Oh, he has new arm candy. Who could it be now? Of course it's Kat. I roll my eyes as I walk past them. I know she knows he'll dump her in a week; must be in it for the stupid popularity.
Gerard and I walk to the back row and sit in the two empty seats. It's midway through class and no one's made the slightest comment and it's making me suspicious. The teacher walks out of the room for a few minutes.
"Maybe they didn't see the video." Gerard whispers to me, except not quietly enough, because Travis instantly turns around and says in a smug voice "Oh, we saw the video."
He seems pretty proud of himself.
"Good for you?" I say.
And then realize that I actually said those words out loud. Shit. What is wrong with me? He'll beat the fuck out of me when we're out of class, but I feel almost proud of myself for standing up for myself in some way.
"Why would it be good for me? It wasn't good for me watching that fuckin' video! Who the fuck do you think I am? A fag like you!?" Travis screeches, standing up and turning to face me.
There's a row of people in between us, so I don't feel completely intimidated yet. Everyone is class keeps turning their heads, unsure of who to watch more.
"And who cares if I am a fucking fag!?" I yell and stand up too.
Shit, I hope he doesn't walk over to me. Why am I standing up for myself!? It'll only end up badly. I look at Gerard and he's looking at me shocked, but he's smiling at my new found confidence. Travis seems lost for words because I actually confessed I am gay.
"Like seriously dude," I begin, "It's the fucking twenty first century, it's not a big deal anymore, get your head around it."
He just glares at me evilly. And with that I turn around and kiss Gerard. With tongue. In front of everyone. That is, until we were interrupted by the teacher walking back into the classroom and dropping his mug of coffee due to the shock of two boys making out in the back of his class.

I must say, I have a weird sense of accomplishment wash over me suddenly. Like in this moment, I feel newly confident. It's because I stood up to Travis. He can't stand over me anymore. I grin to myself, I look over to Gerard, and he's grinning too.
Fuck, isn't he just the greatest person ever?
I reckon so.
Sign up to rate and review this story