Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Eight- You're A Heart Attack In Black Hair Dye

by Nightstars 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-31 - Updated: 2011-08-01 - 2336 words

1Exciting
Chapter Eight- You're A Heart Attack In Black Hair Dye

"Lift that up there."
Screeching Cola held back a joyous laugh and held the can up higher, allowing Zany Dead to tie a string tightly around it.
"Man, this is gonna be so much fun!"
Zany Dead grinned widely, looking almost like a cat with large white teeth shining brightly.
Northern Lights smiled slightly, the corners of his lips turning up slightly as his brother shook his head. Cyanide Killer sighed and tried to fight the smile off his face. As strange as it was, they actually knew this was going to be worth it in the end.

The two made their way over to the large white vending machine. A black smiling logo printed onto the front and smaller buttons off to the side. Kobra Kid smiled as he passed the small machine over to Missile Kid. She grinned happily at him as he pressed the thin slip into the slot and she punched a few buttons on the machine. It whirred loudly, the buttons beeping quietly and then the low hum lifted to a loud ehoeing sigh. Then the sound stopped.
The loud beeps quieted and as they withdrew the small slip a white raygun shot out of the large vending machine and into the slot. Kobra Kid shared a quick hi-five with the young girl and pulled the raygun from the basket. He grimaced briefly at the pure color of it before walking back to the Trans-Am, Missile Kid skipping lightly beside him. She jumped into the backseat, the raygun now placed safely into the dashboard, and waited for the others to join her.
"Where's Poison at?" Kobra Kid asked, a soft look of worry entering his eyes before he blinked and it was gone.
"He..kind of..may have," Fun Ghould stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Gone off on his own."
It was a low whisper but the anger and concern that flashed across the blonde's face showed that he had heard. Quickly his hand went to the bright red raygun in his holster and held it tightly for a second before dropping his arm back to his side. He muttered a quick swear beneath his breath, and then nodded to Jet Star and Fun Ghoul.

Fiery red hair danced in the soft light that entered the building. Seeming to shimmer as the light fell across it, illuminating bright hazel eyes for a second before they began to whirl around the room again. The bright color rushed from one corner of the room to another. He searched the shadows, expecting at any moment for an ambush to spring at him, for another person to jump from the darkness.
His hands tightened and looseded around his raygun without his control. After swirling around the room for a few minutes he turned his glowing hazel eyes back to the girl before him. Unconsiously his eyes tightened again, trying to penetrate the darkness and see her face which still hid in the shadows.
Then the hazel flickered back to the sword that she held. Words were carved into the metal blade, swimming in a bath of light that washed over it. The glare hit his eyes, temporarily blinding him, before she gave the handle another gentle twist, aiming the glare towards the back of the building. Curiosity flared in the back of his mind but he flushed it back, refusing to let it get the better of him. And then she moved.
She took a step forward, into the direct line of light that flooded the room and clenched her hand tighter around the handle, the purple leather pulled tighter to the handle. Hanging daintily from the end of the hilt, a long red ribbon twisted gently as the weapon was shifted in the girl's hand. As his hazel eye glanced up from the shimmering weapon he took in in appearance.
A white diagonal stripe traveled to the right side of her face, contrasting wildly with the bronzed skin on the left side of her face. Around her left eye thick black eyeliner surrounded the dark blue of her irises. A gold shadow sparkled in the light up to her eyebrow, glittering brilliantly in the streak of light that shone on her face. Black lipstick coated her lips and a single silver star glinted on her left cheek.
Around her neck, bright blue headphones hung lazily, the large muffs that covered the entire ear. Strapped onto her right arm was a bright silver Ipod, small scratched settled on it. A bright blue stud was pressed into the headphone slot, wirelessly connected to the headphones around her neck. Then she shifted.
She moved her weight forwards, leaning more on her left foot as if she were prepared to leap forward at any second. Her right hand, still clenched tightly around the handle of her sword, tilted up, now directly aiming it towards the red haired man in front of her. A soft frown played along the edge of her lips and her brow furrowed in concentration for a moment before smoothing out again and a smile began to edge it's way across her face.
The girl straightened out of her slight crouch, dropping the point of the sword back to the floor. She held herself with a certain confidence that showed in her eyes. It sparked brightly behind her dark blue irises, dancing like a wild fire showing in everything from her soft smile to her straight posture.
Party Poison watched her with guarded eyes that lightened noticeably when she straightened from her fighting stance. His slowly, uncertainly lowered his hand from the handle of his raygun, letting his fingers curl into his hands, making a tight fist. He ignored the ache in his fingers as the bruises stretched over his knuckles, pain still shooting through his hand from when he had punched the rough jaw of the Draculoid. His fingers twitched uncomfortable, trying to resist the curling that he forced them to do.
Holding back a hiss of pain he questioned her again, speaking in a demanding but soft tone.
"Who are you?"
She raised an eyebrow but, nodded and slipped her sword back into a sheath that hung from her belt with expert precision. Then she took another step forward to see him in better detail.
"Moonlit Suicide."
It a short, to the point answer, but there was no malice or anger, just a simply reply that seemed to say she didn't really care either way if he knew her name or not.
"Well," Party Poison began, his hand still clenched tightly at his side, resisting the urge to lean it against his raygun, pain shooting through his knuckles. "I'm Par..."
"Party Poison," she cut across him, her eyebrow raising. "I know, your wanted poster is all over the Zones."
"Oh," was all he managed to reply to her blunt statement. "Right."
She nodded, stray strands of her hair falling over her shoulders as he eyes studied him. The peircing blue, like that of a night sky, staring at him with questions lingering behind them.
"How'd you get in here?"
His voice broke the awkward silence, finally managing to get his words out.
"I was getting away from some Dracs," she said, a soft grimace crossing her face as she admitted what she saw as cowardice.
Party Poison nodded as she spoke, understanding her situation as well as any other would. So many times he had experieced the same thing she had, having to turn his back on the enemy because not only his life, but others were at stake. He couldn't risk losing any of his friends, not after they had all been through so much together.
"Yeah, I come here to think sometimes," he confessed as well, wanting her to know that they both had things to admit.
As he looked at her more intently he realized that though there was a satchel at her feet it didn't seem to hold much. It lay almost completely flat on the ground, crumpled up slightly. He frowned at it for a second before lifting his gaze back to her eyes.
Moonlit Suicide noticed his scrutiny of the bag on the ground and hastily kicked it behind her. Hiding it from his view she seemed to challenge him with her eyes, daring him to ask what she held in the back. Though when she started to stare him down she noticed a certain emotion of concern in his eyes. Slightly confused she went on the defense, her hand automatically going to the handle of her sword. She found comfort in the leather handle that seemed like another limb of hers.
"Hey," Party Poison began softly, going with the gut feeling that swirled in his stomach. "My friends are outside putting gas in the car, if you want you can bunk with us for a few nights."
Moonlit Suicide fought the urge to drop her jaw open, shock clearly registering in her mind. In the Zones, she knew there weren't that many people who would be willing to take in a lone runner. And this was the greatest chance she had of making sure the Draculoids didn't catch her. Eventually they would end up making their way over to her and if there were as many as last time she wouldn't have a chance, as much as she hated to admit it.
"We can give you a ride to our base and you can stay a few nights if you want. There are already a few others there."
Party Poison finished and watched her with eyes that clearly stated he was speaking the truth. Still in shock and speechless Moonlit Suicide nodded her consent, agreeing to head back to the base with them. He smiled softly and inclined his head slightly before motioning her to follow him.
Her confident steps never faltered as she continued after him, following him around the building and towards the front of the gas station where three other men waited beside a sand blasted Trans-Am. Inside a young girl sat, clearly comfortable with her surrounding as she grinned when she saw Party Poison nearing the vehicle.
"Poison!"
Suddenly a blonde blur rushed towards the two. A split second glance and Party Poison saw concern and anger warring in two bright brown orbs. Then he was being crushed. He felt two arms wrap tightly around his arms and then he was pulled tightly into his brothers chest. The relief was evident around them as he returned the hug.
"Don't ever do that again!" Kobra Kid exclaimed, seemingly like a parent who was chastising their child.
Party Poison flushed with embarrasment but nodded, consoling his shock ridden brother who gave the girl a quick glance before turning back to his brother. There was another stern, frightened glare before Kobra Kid released his brothers arms and gave him a soft smile that clearly showed his concern and love for what was left of his family. Party Poison nodded sadly, showing that he understood the severity of what his actions had down to his brother's already shot system of fear.
"Erm," Party Poison began awkwardly after his brother's over joyous greeting. "This is Moonlit Suicide, she's coming back to base with us."
Fun Ghoul glanced towards her and smiled widely, showing his immediate welcome of her. Jet Star nodded and gave her a wave before ducking into the car to speak with the young girl. As a result she bounded from the car, running straight to the new girl and quickly wrapping her arms around her waist.
Moonlit Suicide hesitated for a few seconds, standing in shock of the strange contact before tentatively wrapping her arms back around the little girl. Patting her awkwardly on the back until she stepped away. A soft smile graced her black coated lips at the broad grin on the young girl's face.
Yes, she was already finding a place with this group of Killjoys.


(A/N: Sorry it took me a while to update but I was supposed to have finished this yesterday....Something came up but I've loaded this now. And as a thanks to all my lovely readers whose reviews make me so happy and make me want to update quickly this is something to satisfy you until the next chapter is uploaded. )
Oh my! A sneak peek of the next chapter!

Zany Dead crouched behind the counter, her eyes glowing their bright yellow in the dim lighting. There was something that sparkled in them, a soft of scary, mischevious glint that her friend knew well. Screeching Cola grinned to herself, singing softly in the dimly lit diner. Her eyes traveled from Zany Dead to the diner entrance.
Cyanide Killer and Northern Lights were ducked down, not wanting to get hit in the plan that Zany Dead had thought up. They shared a quick glance, their bright green eyes that glinted in the fading light meeting for a second or two before they smiled at each other. Cyanide Killer held back a laugh and bit down on his lip. Northern Lights smiled to himself, not able to hold back that quick indulgence.
Then the low rumbling souded. Zany Dead shifted forward in anticipation, her eyes flickering from the glowing yellow to a light brown as headlights washed across the front of the diner. The Trans-Am pulled into view and Screeching Cola held back a peal of laughter. Excitement was thick in the air, filling every crevice of the room as they heard the doors slam shut and the footsteps as the men made their way to the door.
Slowly Zany Dead lifted her arms to the couter top, peeking her eyes over the edge and taking in a breath of excitement. Screeching Cola lifter herself up beside her, watching with bated breath as the lock was released and the door pushed open. The two stood upright immediately, lifting their arms and taking their aim.
Sign up to rate and review this story