Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Can I run away with you again?

Lost

by shannleighm 3 reviews

Gerard is on cloud nine, whilst Frank gets some sad news set to blow his life apart.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-07-31 - Updated: 2011-08-01 - 2626 words - Complete

0Unrated
Im back in business for the next two days baby! And then i go away again until sunday but then three weeks straight of daily updating can commence! I'm sorry about my being all over the place with writing this one! Summer is made for rest but timing does lose track haha! I hope summer is treating you lovlies kindly! :) Thanks for bearing with me and i hope this chapter is a little better than the last couple have been! Also, i'm sorry but my dad's laptop does not have speech marks on it right now as the key is broken so im sorry about that! I will put the speech in this chapter in caps to make it clearer! Theres no shouting in this one! Thanks lovelies!


Gerards POV
I hopped down from Frankie's window and fled through the back gate. Just making it in time before i heard Mrs Iero leaving the kitchen to hang out her laundry. She was cursing about something. Probably something small. I don't really care in honesty what she says. She's good to Frankie and he adores her and that's all that matters to me. I slowed my pace as i walked home. Well, it was a home in the making right now. Mom was still unpacking masses of boxes and some rooms still needed to be painted but it was coming together really well. It wasn't a patch on our old home in my opinion, probably because i had only spent a night there so far but i saw past it's flaws because not so far away, there was Frankie. I walked through the concrete streets, still damp and dull from the rain earlier that day. I could have skipped all the way home i felt so content inside, but Mikey's girlfriend was coming over to visit and i'd been warned not to show him up in front of her. I know we've just moved up here, Mikey had said. But she's really special to me, and it could be months before we see eachother again. And Mom being the sweet woman she is had allowed Alicia to visit in the midst of all the wonderful craziness that is the Way and Rush family.

As i reached my new home i could see a tall woman with bright red hair through the window. As she turned around and waved at me i realised it was indeed Alicia. Her new hair looked pretty rad, maybe i could pull that off. GEE! Alicia exclaimed running to the front door. She was a sweet girl, loved Mikey to pieces and i loved having a friendship with her, especially as Mikey was and always had been my confidant, my counsellor and my best friend.It made me happy to see him so happy. I mean, as a brother i wanted to see him fulfilled and Alicia was a credit to him, she really was yet something didn't quite fit with me. Watching them be so open with affection and love was almost sickening. I couldn't do that with Frankie. Not only was it the past we shared. It was the parents, the homophobes, Bert. I was never going back to Bert, I meant that in total truth. I was not going to risk Frankie again. But the thought of him coming back into our lives terrified me. More drink, more drugs. What if i couldn't resist? I still had my demons inside me. And he could take me over at the worst of times. Although Frank was much more powerful over me than anyone, even the demon, could ever be.

GEE! COME HERE PLEASE! Mom called. She was assembling furniture again, to my horror, The woman had become a feminist lately and she believed she could do anything she wanted. Now, she could. I have full respect for women.But Mom and DIY? Not a good mix. At all. As i reached the top of the stairwell i saw her sitting cross legged on the landing, smiling slightly. YES? I asked her. So confused. She stood up. FOLLOW ME, HONEY She smiled taking my hand and leading me to my room. She had me close my eyes and she lead me in. OPEN! She cried. I gasped, she had made a miracle out of a nothing. Crimson walls were before me, black stenciled bats on each wall. Posters covered one wall, the likes of the bouncing souls, the smashing pumpkins and the strokes. A double bed with black drapes was opposite the poster covered wall. A nightstand on each side. I was completely speechless. I hugged my mom tightly, so amazed that she had done all of this for me. I didn't deserve this, not at all. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT GEE. She said in my ear kissing my cheek lightly.
MOM I FUCKING LOVE IT! I said throwing my arms in the air unable to contain myself any longer. I felt like a little child all over again.
HEY I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN USING THAT LANGUAGE. She said sternly but she let me off the hook, she knew it was just excitement and pure happiness that had got this effect on me.
SORRY. I said giving her my puppy dog face as she pinched my cheeks and smiled, walking away to get back to keeping tabs on Mikey and Alicia.

One day, i was going to bring Frankie home to her. Their combined sweetness and love would keep me strong and therefore, I, Gerard Arthur Way was truly invincible.


Franks POV
We all sat down for dinner. I was missing Gee already despite spending the most blissful hours with him not long ago. Mom and Dad were whispering to one another in the kitchen as they were dishing up. It was nothing unusual. It was probably just finances or something. They never told me about that stuff. Whether it was because i have a tendency to think the worst straight away or whether it was because it honestly did not concern me i don't really know. But either way, i didn't particularly mind. We could talk over dinner. Just the tree of us. The perfect family. Two parents who were in love and the product of their love, their own child. Me.

Dad was first to the table, laying down his plate as well as my own. Mom joined us bringing along drinks and her own meal. Due to my vegetarianism she always had to make two meals every day. Sometimes two breakfasts, two lunches. It always varied on her plans. She was always planning ahead. I guess it's an office manager thing or something like that. Constant organisation, and a strong work ethic as well as pure independence. Tonight she looked stressed out. Her nerves surfacing still. Her forehead lines deep, her skin pale and dry. Rings starting to show under her eyes. I also noticed how thin she was looking these days. Why hadn;t i noticed that before? Her clothes were like drapes over her frail skeltal form.

FRANKIE HONEY. She said softly, her voice leaving her mouth in rasping, choked up breaths.
I'M SORRY HONEY, ME AND YOUR FATHER HAVE BEEN TALKING ALOT LATELY. AND WE THOUGHT WE COULD SAVE- She trailed off, tears escaping her eyes now. Her hazel orbs that matched mine. WE'RE GETTING A DIVORCE FRANK. YOU NEED TO DECIDE WHO YOU'LL BE LIVING WITH. WE STILL LOVE YOU DEARLY AND YOU'LL SEE BOTH OF US WHENEVER YOU NEED OR LIKE. BUT WE JUST CANT FIX THIS MARRIAGE HONEY. She sighed, wringing her hands together.

They weren't getting a divorce. They couldn't, they still oved eachother. Something just got lost along the way. That was all. It could be fine again, they just needed to give it time, they had to be patient.Good things came to those who waited after all. They weren't divorcing. There was no way it could be true. My Mom needed my Dad. My Dad was nothing without Mom. Why couldn't they see that?

NO,MOM. DAD. PLEASE. YOU CAN FIX IT, GIVE IT A FEW MONTHS- Dad cut me off abruptly.
SON, WE;RE SORRY. BUT IT'S DONE OKAY? WE NEED TO BE ALONE NOW. He said rubbing my shoulder.
DAD, LOVE OVERCOMES EVERYTHING.I say on the verge of breaking down.
WE DONT LOVE EACHOTHER LIKE WE USED TO FRANK. WE'VE TRIED SON. WE REALLY DID. He says calmly.
IF ME AND GERARD COULD FIND EACHOTHER AGAIN THEN YOU TWO CAN MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU BOTH. I say without thinking first hand.
GERARD? Mom says, her lips shaking as she says the name.
NOT THE BOY HANNAS MOM WAS TALKING ABOUT. WE THOUGHT THAT WAS A LIE. YOU NEVER DATED ANOTHER GUY FRANK. YOU WOULDBE TOLD US RIGHT? AND IF THATS TRUE WHAT HANNAS MOTHER SAID HE BROKE YOU BACK THEN. Mom was panicking now as i cursed myself inside.
MOM. DAD. IM SORRY. GERARD IS REAL AND YES I LOVE HIM. WERE GOING TO MAKE IT WORK THIS TIME. I say determination in my voice as well as the fear of their reaction.
YOU WILL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN FRANK. HE HURT YOU LAST TIME. WE'RE NOT LETTING THAT HAPPEN TO YOU AGAIN. Dad said calmly as if it was nothing.
GO TO YOUR ROOM FRANK. Mom added not looking at me.
WHAT? I say horrified.
GO FRANK. DON'T COME DOWN AGAIN TONIGHT PLEASE. I NEED TO THINK. She said crying again as Dad grabbed his coat and left the house slamming the door and cursing my name as he left.

I fled to my sanctuary in floods of tears. Trying to wipe them away with the back of my hand but failing miserably. As anger. hate and despair replaced the feelings of bliss from earlier today i knew my only escape route. The method i used when times got hard and i had no other way. My razor in my sock drawer. I picked it up slowly as though i had found treasure. I almost felt relieved. I had one feeling right now. One person running theough my veins, keeping me alive. But life wasn't worth it anymore. I'm sorry Gerard. I am sorry but i have to leave you now. You'll be fine. You always are. I slashed six perfect letters into my forearm, crying for him as the blade pierced through my skin. I exhaled with relief as the blade dug deeper and deeper, i wouldnt ruin his life like i had ruined my parents.

Alicias POV
The Ways was lovely. I had missed them so much despite so little time had passed. Not seeing Mikey everyday was a killer. I had gotten so used to him waiting for me at school and hanging out with me at my parents house. I definitely appreciated him alot more. I began to regret all of our recent arguments. I had been pissed that he was leaving me there. Deep down i knew it wasn't in his control at all but i honestly felt like he wasnt trying to stay. Didn't he understand that i needed him at home? Not only was he my boyfriend, but he was a soulmate. A best friend too. I had my friend Sarah, who was amazing to me all the time. But there wasn't the same connection i had with Mikey. Having Mikey around was a blessing and even when i felt like giving up on everything he gave me a will to continue, even if we were at each others throats.

Me and Mikey were lying in a hammock now. Donna had done a wonderful job so far. The garden and upstairs was finished. Downstairs was being decorated still and so boxes and materials were strewn everywhere. Her boyfriend was a sweetheart too. He and Mikey were getting on famously. As a drummer he and Mikey had been jamming together before my arrival. It sounded like great fun and Mikey had nothing but good to say of him. Gerard hadn't been home when i had first arrived but we had a little catch up earlier and he seemed happy too. It was wonderful to see them all like that. I cared for them all an awful lot. I considered them as family in a twisted kind of way i suppose. Me and Mikey weren't married and i don't know if we ever will marry although i hope we do, but despite all of that the Ways are my family and i love them unconditionally. Actually, i needed to marry Mikey. Lying here with his arms wrapped securely around me is my idea of perfection and i could stay this way for eternity. Maybe my dream would come true. I just hope he's beein thinking as much as i have been.


Linda's POV
My Frankie. Gay? No, he had Hanna. He was clearly Bi then, wasn't he? But Hanna was perfect for him. He dropped her for someone who had ripped his heart into shreds last year. Where was the sense in that? Of course i had been so worried for my poor baby. As my only child, Frank was my treasured possession. My boy. How dare that Gerard break him so harshly? He didn't deserve that at all. He needed Hanna. She was a wonderful girl. She was kind and patient. Talented and beautiful. She could keep him from his old ways. The depression, the starvation, the cutting. That all stemmed from his break up with Gerard. She could keep him on a good pathway. Gerard would only lead him to desolation.

Gerards POV
We were all getting settled for dinner when my phone buzzed in my pocket. GERARD, NO PHONES OVER DINNER PLEASE. ITS IMPOLITE. ITS FAMILY TIME RIGHT NOW. Mom said calmly. I would have obeyed. Honestly i would have obeyed her but i had this feeling in my guts. And when i saw the message was from Frankie i knew i had to respond. MAMA IT'LL BE ONE SECOND I PROMISE. I said quickly opening the message fully. There were huge spaces in between the letters, some words spelled incorrectly. Frankie never sent texts like that. Was he drunk? Was it a mistaken text? After studying the message i came to the conclusion of what it read. Help me. Oh my god, Frankie was in trouble. MOM IM SORRY I WONT BE LONG. I said running out of the house ignoring her threats of punishment and cries to go back to the table. When i finally reached Frankies house i sprinted to the back yard climbing up the vines to his open window. I vaulted through like a free runner and right before me lay the worst thing i'd ever seen. Frankie was on the floor sobbing and clutching his arm. His arm that was drenched in his own blood. I removed my jacket and wrapped it tightly around his arm, stroking his face and hugging him quickly. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a packet of cotton pads and a bottle of antiseptic lotion.I drenched the pads in the liquid and slapped them onto frankie's arm. He winced as the stinging was setting in. IM SORRY FRANKIE. I said sensing his pain at the venomous sting. Then as i removed the pads, my own eyes filled with tears. Carved into his arm was G E R A R D. FRANKIE? I asked him horrified. He put a finger to his lips telling me to remain silent. I did as he wished and took him in my arms. Rocking him slowly as his sobs continued to rack his small, fragile frame.

Aww i hope this is okay! Thankyou for reading! :) x




Sign up to rate and review this story