Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Will you take me with you?

Pretending

by CherriBoomBoom 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2011-08-02 - Updated: 2011-08-02 - 969 words

0Unrated
Just a little explanation: I have 12 chapters written atm for this fic. I'm not posting them all back to back for two reasons. 1)to keep the suspense. XD 2)to see if I can get a few more readers before carrying on. But here we go :)

Chapter two


-I... I think I should go now...

I shot him a look; he was just laying there, staring at me. Just great. Back to the silent treatment, back to the shy and quiet Mikey. I felt my face get all hot and I knew I was bright red. Fuck’s sake. I quickly grabbed my clothes and put them back on, tears stinging my eyes. I stumbled out of the house, clutching my precious notebook to my chest, and ran back home without even seeing clearly. The tears had already started falling. I finally made it home and rushed to my room, where I threw myself on the bed. I felt broken, empty, and disgusting.

What had happened? No, wait. That wasn’t it. I knew what had happened. The question I needed to ask myself was “why?” Most importantly, why had I been so shaken by him, why had I let him do this to me, and why was I so disturbed by it?
I couldn’t think straight. I didn’t even eat that night. I just tried to explain to myself what had happened and eventually collapsed from emotional exhaustion, my cheeks wet, my throat dry and my hands shaking.

The next day, I arrived early in class again. Well, that was the norm; I was always early because I didn’t want to bump into those idiots in the hallways. To be honest, I was kind of expecting Mikey to come in early as well. I wanted to have a word with him about yesterday, at least. I wanted some explanation. Some sort of reason. I wanted something, god dammit! But he didn’t come in early. And I hated him for it. The more I waited for his arrival, the more nervous I got. By the time he finally came into the classroom, my hands were shaking.

Our eyes met. I honestly thought he’d sit beside me and stare at me again for the whole class. But as soon as he saw me, he looked down and sat in the front row without even acknowledging my presence.

-Jerk, I mumbled under my breath.

For some reason, it got me pissed. I sat through the entire class raging. Against him, or me? I didn’t know. I was so mad I couldn’t even draw. I just put down the pencil and glared at the back of his head, hoping to cause any sort of reaction.

I missed my chance in first class. I should’ve known he’d bolt out but he was too quick for me; before I could catch up with him, he turned a corner and I lost him in the sea of students. But the next period, I was ready. I took all my stuff, swiftly followed him out, and cornered him.

-What the fuck? I burst.

He avoided eye contact and muttered a response:

-What the fuck what?

I had to breathe deeply not to hit him. I pointed my finger right under his nose and breathed:

-Don’t fucking act like nothing happened.

-I don’t know what you mean, he replied, finally looking at me directly. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I growled. He acted exactly like I didn’t want him to. Weirdest part was it really was getting to me. Like the nervousness yesterday. Only this time, it was rage and hate. I wanted to beat the fuck out of him. I felt my face get all red again and tears filling up my eyes. But I had my pride and I didn’t want to cry in front of him. He wanted to play that way? Fine. We were gonna play it that way.

-Fine, fine. Off you go.

He looked at me with a confused expression displayed on his face.

-Didn’t you hear me? Go the hell away! You’re free!

And that’s how Silent Mikey gathered his things and walked away. I punched the wall with a low growl. I was mad. Beyond mad, even.

-Why the fuck is this even getting to me? It’s not like it meant anything! I screamed.

Students in the hallway gave me weird, disgusted looks. Some even laughed. Normally, I would’ve been shy of my own outburst, but I was so pissed; I just grabbed my stuff and carried on. I sat through the entire day thinking about the whole thing. Why? Why the fuck would he even do that? I didn’t understand a single thing.

The sudden interest, the talking, what had happened at his house... then, nothing. Not a single word, not a single look. It was so confusing. That was all I could think of. I went through ups and downs the whole day. I’d get pissed at him, or even at me, then I’d get down, or plain sad. It didn’t even make sense. I replayed the whole thing in my head over and over again, trying to make sense out of it, unsuccessfully.

I have to be honest; my ups and downs were disturbing me more than the rest of it. My emotions had never been so screwed up. I didn’t get why it got to me that way, that bad, that intensely. Why his rejection had hit me that hard and hurt me. Why his attitude was getting to me. Why I’d been so nervous around him.

That’s when I realized; I was attracted to Mikey Way.
Sign up to rate and review this story