Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sharpest Lives are the Deadliest to Lead.

If I Crash On The Couch Can I Sleep In My Clothes?

by hollie443 3 reviews

Video Games and a helping hand.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-02 - Updated: 2011-08-03 - 2281 words

2Original
Chapter 8



The rain had stopped by the time I had ran out the apartment. I felt so bad after what I said to Gerard but I knew it had to be done. It was the only way he would leave me alone. I wanted him so badly but if they (the Vampire Gang) found me and discovered my feelings for Gerard then he would be the first one dead and I wouldn’t be able to live with that. I kept up my light jog I had started doing as soon as I left the apartment so that none of them could follow me. I knew I would have to go back later on but I couldn’t right now. I didn’t want to see him hurt, I didn’t want to see the effect of what I said. I felt my eyes become slightly wet and I quickly wiped away any leakage that might have occurred. I hugged my bare arms as I walked along the main road. It was getting cold and the sky was darkening quickly. I sighed. Shit. I was going to have to go back eventually. I had no money or extra clothes or anything. It was like I had put myself right back where I started… great.

I kept walking, cutting down a few side streets, trying to keep a note in my head of the way I had come. My red hair began to blow around as the wind began to grow. I glanced at all the signposts. There were names of streets and places you could visit. I saw a park on the signpost. That was a good option. I could sit there and reflect for a couple of hours and reflect on everything. I began walking briskly in the direction the sign was pointing. It was getting dark now, maybe only an hour of daylight left before darkness set in and brought many people’s nightmares to life- including my own to come extent.

I finally got to the gate. Jeez! It looked more like a cemetery than a park. The giant rusty gates were closed over with only a tiny gap. This place screamed- Keep Out! But when did I ever listen to that.
I approached the unnerving gates and pushed them open slightly, just enough for me to squeeze through. I began walking down the woodland path and noted it was deserted. Not a person in sight. I got the strangest feeling I was being watched from the dark areas in between the trees. I continued to stare into the dark spot, preparing to run.
A hand suddenly wrapped around my arm and I let out a scream before whipping my free hand around and slapping whoever it was.
“OWWWWW!!”, they yelped as they hit the ground.
“God Elle! It’s me! Frank!”
Oops. Poor Frank.
“Oh my god, I’m so sorry! I didn’t hurt you did I?!”, I asked frantically, feeling bad that I had just slapped him into oblivion.
“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.”, he told me as I held out my hand for me to help him up, “God girl, you have a punch on you!”
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”
“It’s fine Ellouise honestly… WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE PARK?!”, he suddenly bellowed, making me jump.
“Uh… I wanted a walk.”, I told him honestly.
“Maybe you’d be more interested in a float! This is Mafia territory Elle! Bodies are found in the river all the time!”
I gaped at him. He was so serious I couldn’t believe it.
“Then why are you in here?!”, I challenged.
“Because I saw you walk in on my way home from getting cigs so I ran to catch up with you!… Come on, lets get out of here.”, she put his hand on the small of my back and led me out of the park.
“I don’t want to go back to Gerard’s!”, I blurted.
Frank turned and stared at me. I didn’t want to tell him why and right now I wasn’t prepared to, “And please don’t ask why.”, I quickly added.
He looked at me, seemingly taking me in.
“Alright then, I’ll put it down to Gerard being an asshole. You can stay at mine. Ray and Bob are over at right now but they’ll leave soon.
I simply nodded, I didn’t want to argue that it wasn’t Gerard being an asshole that made me want to leave.
“Thank you. It’s just for a night then I’ll go back.”, I reassured him.
“It’s cool. I’m in no rush to kick you out the door.”, he said. I smiled at him and continued to walk.

To most other people Frank would have been described as small- I figure he must have been around 5’ 4”- but he was tall to me and my 5’ (on my tiptoes) frame. He had longish (chin length?) hair that was clearly dyed back but judging by his eyebrows his hair was pretty dark anyway. He had hazel eyes that were similar to Gerard’s only Franks were a richer brown with less green in them. Oh dang nabbit! There I go again dropping Gerard into my thoughts! I had to stop it! Sooner rather than later.

We finally reached Frank’s apartment as a far as my- actually sometimes quite dodgy- sense of direction was telling me, it wasn’t too far from Gerard’s apartment. He unlocked the door of the apartment block and I quickly followed him inside. This place was slightly older than the apartment Gerard, Mikey and Sam had. It was older on the outside too and could quite possibly be Victorian whereas Gerard’s was more modern. Frank opened the door to his own apartment that was 2 floors up and let me in. I greeted with the sound of shouting.
“No fucking way! You cheated!”, it was Bob’s voice.
“You can’t cheat at Lara Croft tool! I’m just better than you”, Ray’s.
“Bullshit!”
If I had been born a dog my ears would have pricked at the sound of Lara Croft. That was my childhood right there. Along with Silent Hill and the Resident Evil games.
“Guys cool it! It is common knowledge that ray is better!”, Frank laughed as Bob pouted, “Ellouise is here guys, she’s staying tonight . Don’t ask what happened. I got told not to ask so don’t you bother either.”
They both laughed and went back to the game.
“I’m going to get some beers. Ellouise you want one?”, Frank asked.
“I’d love one.”, I smiled. He nodded and went into the kitchen.
I walked quietly to the couch where Ray and Bob were sitting. Ray seemed to be having problems at one of the levels in the original Tomb Raider.
“Fucking hell! This part is impossible!”, Ray exclaimed.
I remembered this level well from when I was younger, it really was a bitch. I felt quite confident as Ray began the level again.
“Try jumping onto that ledge then onto the pole.”, I told him.
He glanced sideways at me.
“Okay then.”, he did as I suggested only to miss the ledge and Lara unfortunately died.
“See! Not how you do it!”, Ray announced.
No no, I thought, that is fucking well how you do it!
“Can I try?”, I asked, holding out my hand for the controller.
Ray sighed and passed me the remote just as Frank walked back through with the beers.
“I can see how you’re going to be able to do it.
I smirked.
Watch and learn.
I bit my lip in concentration and began the level, easily passing the part where Ray was experiencing difficulty. This was the kind of thing that just came right back to you. Even after all these years. As soon as I had killed the wolf at the end I saved.
“That’s how you do it!”, I informed ray’s gob smacked face as Frank and Bob dissolved into laughter.
“You- got-owned-by- a girl!”, Bob stuttered over his own laugh. Ray slapped Bob over the back of the head.
“Shut up!”
I handed Ray back the controller.
“How… how did you do that?”, he asked quietly, seemingly in awe.
I just smiled and shrugged.
“Well before all the trouble I sort of played it all the time, getting all the levels finished in the best times. I did Resident Evil and Silent Hill too. It was my childhood I guess.”, I finished with yet another smile.
Ray just stared at me with wide eyes.
“Frank”, he started, “I have just found my future wife!”
I giggled a little, praying to god he wasn’t serious and found the funny side. Bob joined in with me and shook his head.
“Well I hate to break it to you but you can just keep your filthy hands off her!”, Frank informed Ray, scarily only half joking.
Ray laughed.
“I was only mucking around. Besides I need a girl around that appreciates good video games. Frank just does cut it.”
Frank reached over and smacked him as Bob and I both burst out laughing.
It had been a long time since I had laughed so freely or so openly. It reminded me of when I was a lot younger and my life was pretty much normal. Back when I was a kid. Back when life was simple. When I could curl up in this seemingly huge bed and hide from anything I thought could harm me. So simple.
“So Elle, why are you here and not at Gerard and Mikey’s?”, Bob asked.
I froze. Shit. I had no answer for that but the truth and I didn’t want to tell the truth.
“I… um… eh… met frank when I was out walking.”, I stuttered through my lie before looking at Frank who glanced at me before looking very obviously at the clock. It was getting late.
“Well guys I think you better clear off. It’s late and you’ve played my video games long enough! And I did tell you not to ask what happened.”, Frank announced.
Ray and Bob nodded before standing up and walking with Frank to the door.
“Well Frank, I’ll see you tomorrow. Have a… nice night.”, Ray told him as both he had Bob left.

I stayed on the sofa where I was and waved from there. I picked up the bottle of beer that Frank had sat on the floor next to me and took a sip. It was the first beer I had had in a while and it tasted good. My lips curled around the bottle as I took a longer sip. Shortly after frank came and sat down next to me and picked up his own bottle before taking a swig.
“Cheers!”, he smiled, holding his bottle out for us to clink our bottles together, we did just that.
Frank held my gaze , he seemed to be reading me, trying to work everything out. I hoped he couldn’t see anyone’s past because if he could I was in trouble. I reassured myself , knowing that people couldn’t actually do that. Thank god.
I smiled at him.
“What?”
“Nothing, I’m just trying to work you out, but I think we all are.”, he shrugged. My stomach clenched.
“What do you mean?”, I asked.
“I mean, this gorgeous girl appears from nowhere and she had this mysterious past that I suspect has more to it than what you told Gerard. But regardless of all that we all just want to look after you and protect you from whatever or whoever is looking for you.”, he finished.
I stared at him, a little shocked. I felt so cared for. They made me feel so welcome.
I leaned in and hugged him tightly.
“Thank you.”, was all I could say. I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling tired.
He hugged me back and kissed my hair lightly.
“Hey, that’s no bother. I mean that though.”, he said quietly.
“I don’t want to talk about anything but thank you for worrying.”
Frank just nodded and smiled.
“Do you think I could get set up for bed?”, I asked.
“Sure! I’ll just get everything sorted.

Not long after Frank had given me a big t shirt to wear to bed and had set up a sofa bed on the floor of his room. He smiled at me as I walked back in and sat down on the sofa bed.
“Sorry it’s in my room. Out in the living room can sometimes get really cold.”, he explained.
“I don’t mind.”, I smiled.
I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks as Frank began to strip down to his boxers before getting into bed. He was covered in tattoos. I brought the covers over me as Frank did the same. They bed was very comfortable as I closed my eyes when the light went out.
“Sweet dreams.”, I heard him say just as I began to drift.
How wrong he was.


OMG! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry! This update was so long coming but it's finally here! I feel so bad for keeping you all waiting. I have just been so busy. But don't worry! I haven't vanished! I'll try to update much sooner! I hope people haven't given up on me! As always R&R and tell me what you think.
P.S sorry for any typos. This was rushed! Hollie xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story