Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sharpest Lives are the Deadliest to Lead.

When The Lights Go Out, Will You Take Me With You?

by hollie443 3 reviews

Nightmares and comforting.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-14 - Updated: 2011-08-15 - 1907 words

1Exciting
Chapter 9


The dark surrounded me as I ran. I could feel them catching but I thought if I kept running then I would manage to keep out of his grip. The darkness almost began to cling to me, slowing me down, making me weaker until I was on the cold, hard ground, crawling for my life. A tunnel was just ahead of me. I knew if I could reach it then I would be safe and his snarling fangs wouldn’t get me. But it was so hard to even move now. My legs felt like they weren’t my own, they flailed out making me slip. I had just reached the mouth of the tunnel and was about to cry with happiness when something grabbed me from behind, dragging me back from the safety I had almost reached. I was burled around and lifted up by my neck, my eyes meeting with his cold, evil ones.
“You really think you could get away from me?!”, an evil laugh filled my ears. I couldn’t speak. I just stared, shaking from fear that so long ago I had been determined not to show.
“First I’m going to kill you, then I’ll go after your precious Gerard. But he’ll suffer believe me. I’ll make sure of it. He took your heart from me and for that he’s going to pay. But don’t worry you’ll be together in the after life. Like Romeo and Juliet.”, he hissed through his teeth at me.
“I never loved you! You psychopath! Fuck you!”, I spat in his face.
He snarled at me before going for my throat. I screamed.


I was jolted awake by someone shaking me.
“Elle?! Ellouise! Wake up!”, I saw a pair of hazel eyes boring into me, full of worry.
“Frank?”, I asked, sitting up a little. I was covered in a cold sweat, my long hair clung to the back of my neck. My breathing was laboured and I was shaking.
Frank pushed the sections of hair that had fallen in my face away.
“You okay? You were screaming.”, he told me, concerned.
“I… I had a nightmare. It was so lucid and real.”, I shuddered.
Frank wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, not wanting to let go. I didn’t care that he was only in his boxers I just wanted a real hug. I closed my eyes.
“I’m not gonna let them get you. No one will. But I promise you that I’ll keep you safe.”
I simply nodded against his shoulder, glancing at the window. It was still dark outside which made her realise it was still the early hours of the morning.
Frank moved so that he was kneeling.
“Come in beside me. I promise I wont try anything on you. I just think you’ll feel better with someone beside you.”, Frank smiled, holding out his hand.
“Okay.” ,I said, thinking that he was right. I took his hand and crawled into his bed. Frank went to his side and I pulled the covers over myself .
“Thanks Frank.”, I said quietly as I closed my eyes again.
“Your welcome Elle.”, he replied. He reached over and played with my hair a little as I faced away from him, trying to lull me to sleep. I rolled over and snuggled into his side, feeling his warm radiate from him. He continued to run his hands through my hair and he kissed my forehead just as I let sleep take over once again.

When I woke up it was late morning, the sun was already quite high in the sky as it beamed through the closed curtains. Frank wasn’t next to me. Oh! I had slept next to frank last night! I had almost totally forgotten. I sat up and stretched. I had a pretty good sleep apart from that little hiccup in the middle. I looked around his room. It was quite similar to Gerard’s but different. Frank had some really cool guitars on his walls and guitar picks and music lying around everywhere. I smiled a little and swung my legs over and let them touch the cold floor. Just then I heard a door open and I looked over at the open door of the bedroom. Frank walked in wearing only a towel. My eyes grew wide and I felt a blush rush to my cheeks.
“Oh! You’re up. Sorry!”, he said, making sure his towel wouldn’t drop off at any moment. I just nodded.
“I like your look.”, I said with a grin, then I realised how bad that could of sounded so I added a little bit on at the end, “Are you channeling the Scots or something?”
Frank giggled, making me smile a little.
“No I’m channeling sex god actually.”
“Ah, that’s what men in denial are calling it now.”, I grinned fully, getting off the bed.
“You wont be saying that if you gave me 5 minutes with you.”, he walked forward.
“Sorry, but you’re not my type. I just don’t think small men are up to much.”, I sniggered.
“Oh that does it!”, he charged at me, tackling me to the bed as I squealed when he started tickling me.
“Mercy! I’m sorry!”, I giggled as he straddled me, I was so aware of his bare legs against my own, “Jeez keep that towel up!”
He made sure it was still tightly secured around his waist. Droplets from his wet hair landed on my and I wiped them away.
“Okay 5 seconds then.”, he suddenly said.
“What are you talking about?”, I asked, pretty much forgetting what he last said.
“Give me 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes to make you change your mind about small guys.”
He obviously didn’t get that I was fooling around about that but I wasn’t going to tell him.
“Okay fine but I can’t see what you’re going to do in 5 sec-”
I was cut off by his lips touching mine with a little pressure. I took a sharp intake of breathe as he kept his lips on him. He wasn’t even forcing me to kiss him back but I didn’t move. I moved my lips against his own but then I turned my head to the side. I thought of Gerard and his kiss. I wont say I wished it was him but there was a part of me that actually did. But I couldn’t lie. Frank’s kiss felt good.
“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that”, I started.
“No, no it’s fine. I did give you those 5 seconds remember and I believe that was 5 seconds.”, I half smiled.

I was just about to tell him to move when the door to Franks apartment opened. I froze and looked at Frank who was still looking back at me.
“Frank! You gotta help me! Ellouise took off last night and I need your help to-”, Gerard’s voice sounded through the apartment as he made his way to the open bedroom door. I pushed Frank away from me but it was all in vain considering Gerard saw the shove. He stood by the door, his mouth slightly open as she looked between me and Frank. Shit shit shit! This looked so much worse than it was. Me diving from the bed and Frank standing there in a towel. Gerard looked like he had been slapped in the face but he managed not to say anything.
“Oh you’re here.”, was all he said.
I nodded as I straightened myself out.
“Frank found me after I left yours.”, I said quietly, looking at the ground. I didn’t want to see his eyes burning into me.
“I’m gonna go get changed”, Frank said suddenly as he grabbed some clothes, leaving Gerard and I alone. Oh god.
I looked at my feet before tugging nervously at the t shirt I was wearing.
“So, you and Frank huh?”
I looked straight up at him and shook my head slowly a sour eyes met. It was crazy to think how mesmerised I could be by one person’s eyes.
“No, we’re not like that. You just came in at the wrong time. It was only a little fun!” ,I told him desperately. Sure we had kissed but it hadn’t really meant anything… had it? I walked forward a few steps.
“He was just straddling you in only a towel. Just fun huh.” ,he retorted.
I walked right up to him and put my hand on his folded arms.
“I swear it didn’t mean anything.”
He looked down at me, his eyes weren’t the same warm and caring way they had been. They were cold.
“Why do you care what I think?! You don’t like me remember?”, he spat back at me. I just stared at him, feeling tears creep up to my eyes but I held them back. He took my hands of his arms and walked away, “I’ll see you around. Frank! I’m heading back home now, talk later!” , he called to Frank who was just emerging from the bathroom. Gerard didn’t even wait for an answer. He just stalked out . I stared silently at the door, my bottom lip wobbling a little. I wanted to tell him so badly that I did like him.
“You okay? What happened?” ,Frank asked quietly.
I breathed in and out, regaining my shaky composure.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Gerard was just wanting to know where I am and he’s headed home now.” , I explained, giving him half the truth.
Frank nodded, clearly slightly suspicious as to what the conversation we had entailed.
“Okay then, as long as you’re okay.”
I nodded.
“I’m fine, don’t worry.” ,I smiled.
“I have a question for you.”
“Shoot.” ,I said.
“Everyone is going out partying to the local club and I know that Sam would most likely invite you but I was wondering if you wanted to come? I mean it’s cool if you don’t wanna.” , he said hastily.
I smiled and nodded.
“Sure! I’ll come.”
“Great!”, Frank beamed happily, “Awesome!”
“Listen I’m just gonna get changed and walk back to Gerard’s. I owe Sam and explanation before she hunts me down.”, I laughed a little as Frank giggled a little.
“No, problem. I’ll walk you some of the way. I need to go buy some food.”
I nodded and walked back into Frank’s room and got changed into yesterday’s clothes. I had to go back and explain what happened to Sam and I guess a hidden reason was I wanted to make sure Gerard was okay.

I walked back out and Frank handed me a granola bar. We headed out into the morning sun.


Hey again guys! This was a little quicker but it’s also shorter. It’s a filler in some ways but it also contains very important events. So stay tuned. As always R&R! I hope you like it!
And I would be so amazingly grateful if you could review my other story I uploaded. It’s just the prologue but I don’t know if I should continue it.
Thanks
Hollie xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story