Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Six: The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You

by ZombieSlayer13x 3 reviews

This one's a shorty/filler. The story definitely picks up from here. XD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-04 - Updated: 2013-07-03 - 1976 words

5Original
*A/N: First of all, YAY THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY WENT GREEN!!!!

Second: I'm sorry about the last chapter. Hope ya like this one!



Chapter Six: The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You:


The next morning everyone was up with the sun. Cyanide and Toxic were running around like maniac's gathering supplies, Corpse was overseeing everything and checking off the checklist she made, and Sunny and Elder were checking the cars and bikes to make sure they were in the up most shape. Sonic was busy talking to the rest of Cigarette Kiss's team, you could tell she was trying her best to mask her pain of not getting to go. Cigarette Kiss was in the basement gathering weapons.

Cyanide turned around when he heard the basement door open. "What the hell is all that?!" He asked in disbelief as he stared at Cigarette Kiss.

"Just in case," Cigarette Kiss replied.

"In case what, a freaking army attacks us?!" asked Toxic.

Corpse turned around too. Her mouth dropped.

Cigarette Kiss had his aviators on, but traded his signature black leather jacket for a long black trench coat.

"Hoooooly crap..." said Corpse.

"What?" he asked.

Corpse pointed to the two duffel bags Cigarette Kiss was carrying.

"Just some extra ray guns...." he shifted the bags and stood awkwardly, "and some normal guns...ammo, a grenade or two, tazers, smoke bombs," he shrugged. "The norm."

"Whoa whoa whoa, back up a second," said Cyanide, "GRENADES! Are you out of your god forsaken mind?"

"What? All these weapons will be distributed between the six of us."

"Why'd you bring all your weapons for this mission?" asked Toxic.

Cigarette Kiss laughed, "Darling, this isn't half of what we have."

"But...how...whaaa..." Toxic muttered in disbelief.

Cigarette Kiss winked, "We have a really big basement." Lady Madness could be heard chuckling from somewhere behind.

Around eight o’clock, they estimated, they piled the last of all the food and weapons into the Hummer.

“Wait,” said Sunny, “We can’t take our vehicles into the city, so where do we put them?”

“Good question.” said Corpse.

“We’ll just have to find somewhere to hide them and then walk the rest of the way,” said Cyanide.

“Ok, we have room for five people in the truck, who’s riding their bike?” asked Corpse.

“I’ll go in the hummer,” said Toxic.

Cigarette Kiss started intently at Cyanide. “Why can’t be just both ride?” Cyanide asked Corpse.

“The less vehicles the better,” she responded, putting the first aid kit in the truck.

Cigarette Kiss and Cyanide had a mini staring contest.

“Ugh,” said Cyanide turning away in defeat, “Fine, you can ride your bike...”

“Thank you,” said Cigarette Kiss as he went to the back to get it.

Chemical Corpse walked over to Lady Madness, Kemical Killer, and Vengeful Scout, “Thank you for letting us stay here and use your supplies. If we don't make it out of this, well it was fun knowing you."

"Likewise," said Lady Madness as she extended her hand.

They shook, and then Corpse walked over to Sonic. She looked up at her, even though Corpse as older than Sonic, Sonic had an inch or two on her. "Well...these past how many years together where some of the best I've ever had," Corpse said to Sonic.

"Same," said Sonic. Tears were starting to form in her eyes, "Please let me go with you!"

"I'm sorry Sonic, but no. I will not let my whole team die."

"I don't know what I'll do without you guys though!"

"I'm sorry," said Corpse sincerely as she pulled Sonic into a hug, "Goodbye, Sonic."

"Bye," said Sonic.

Sonic walked over to Toxic and hugged her. Then Cyanide, then Sunny. Last of all she walked over to Elder. By now tears were streaming down her face, and Sonic didn't cry much.

They looked at each other. No words were said, just looks exchanged. Their bond was so strong, they didn't need words. After a while they hugged.

"Goodbye, little brother," she whispered to him. She wiped her tears away.

"Awwwww," said Cigarette Kiss from behind as he wiped an imaginary tear from his eye, "How touching. Can we leave now?" he asked impatiently.

Sonic rolled her eyes, "Goodbye to you too."

Cigarette Kiss turned to his team and saluted, "Goodbye ladies, it was nice working with you."

They muttered farewells back to him.

Lady Madness walked up to him, "Bye boss. Make it back safe. You weren't an asshole all the time."

He laughed, "I'll try to make it back in one piece." Cigarette Kiss mounted his bike. The others were already in the truck and ready to go.

"Hurry up now," Corpse shouted to him mockingly.

Cigarette Kiss revved his engine and drove after them.

"IF YOU DIE I'LL DRAG YOU BACK FROM HELL TO KILL YOU ALL OVER AGAIN!" Sonic shouted after them. The faint sound of laughter could be heard from the hummer. Sonic watched them until she could no longer see the truck. Sighing, she turned away.

“Come on Sonic, we’ll show you our room. I guess you can have Cigarette Kiss’s bed,” said Vengeful Scout. The all went downstairs.

Sonic looked around, “I don’t see any doors.”

“They’re hidden,” said Kemical Killer with a wink.

“You know,” said Lady Madness as she walked over to a wall, “This’ll be fun without Cigarette Kiss. We’ve never really had a girl’s night before.”

They laughed. Sonic just stared at them. “Never?”

“Nope.”

Lady Madness pulled a brick out of the wall. Sonic peered into the hole and saw a door knob.

“What the hell!” Sonic exclaimed.

“We bricked over the door so we could disguise it. We did it to the door to our weapons closet too,” said Lady Madness.

“Jesus, how long did that take you?”

“Too long,” Kemical Killer said.

Lady Madness opened the door to reveal a little room. Sonic guessed it was 10 feet by 11. There were four hammocks strung on each wall. Pictures and posters littered the walls as well.

“We all get our own wall. We can customize it however we want,” Lady Madness explained.

Sonic looked around in awe.

“Since I’m the youngest, I got the smallest wall, a.k.a. the one with the door,” said Kemical Killer.

Sonic laughed, “That sucks.”

“Yeah,” she agreed.

“That one was Cigarette Kiss’s,” said Vengeful Scout pointing to the far wall, a hammock strung up on it.

Sonic looked at the posters around the wall. There were pictures of cars, girls, random objects, and logo’s for bands that existed before the BL/ind takeover. His hammock was plain black. Sonic looked around at the other girl’s spaces. They all had pictures of boys, celebrities, animals, and clothing. She smiled. It felt like she was back in Cali before the takeover, having a sleep over with old friends.

“If you need some air or something, there’s a small window up there. We bricked that one up too,” Vengeful Scout informed her, “Just try not to fall over something if you get up at night. There is the small bathroom upstairs in the dinner, or you could go outside.”

“Uh, thanks,” said Sonic, “Hey, where do you guys keep the weapons?”

Vengeful Scout smiled deviously. “I’ll show you.”

Sonic followed her.

Vengeful Scout led her back into the main room. She walked over to the opposite wall and removed a brick. She opened the door dramatically then moved over so Sonic could see the contents of the room.

Sonic gasped.

There were four ray guns neatly placed on a shelf. Two were BL/ind issued; the other two definitely belonged to killjoys. Next to the ray guns were some pistols. There were bigger guns hung up on hooks in the walls. Some were stacked on the floor. She spotted a machine gun slightly hidden in the far corner. Sonic didn't know anything about weapons. All she knew was that these were big guns. There were also two shelves dedicated to ammo. Another shelf held two grenades. There was a bullet proof vest as well.

“Holy shit! You guys are packing!” she exclaimed.

Vengeful Scout smirked, “You know it. Life in the zones is a rough one.”

“I hear ya.”

Sonic thought about it. Life in the zones was nothing new to her now. It was their life. She thought about her teammates, wondering what they were up to.

~~~~

Corpse was reclining in the passenger seat, Toxic was driving, and the rest of the team was stuffed into the back seats.

“OW Cy that was my ribcage!” Sunny whined.

“Well I’m sorry. We don’t really have much room back here!” Cyanide snapped back, "SOMEONE had to go recline their seat," he looked pointedly at Corpse.

"Guys, GUYS! Come on, it’s only been half an hour!” Corpse shouted as she turned around.

“I have to put up with this for the next two days? Oh my god!” said Toxic as she hit her head repeatedly on the steering wheel.

“Well, be thankful the gas station is right up ahead,” said Cyanide.

Five minutes later they all piled out of the hummer. Cigarette Kiss watched them get out with an amused look on his face. "You guys are like one big dysfunctional family," he said.

"Yeah...pretty much," said Toxic as she filled the gas tank, “I’m surprised there's still gas left in this. We use this station all the time."

"Yeah," said Sunny, "Well, better say goodbye to this place. We may never see it again."

Elder laughed.

"What, it's true!" Sunny said.

When they had a full tank they got back in the truck. Elder sat shotgun this time. Corpse was in the back sandwiched between Cyanide and Sunny.

"Now, ON TO BATTERY CITY!" Sunny shouted.

"Once we get to Zone 2 we have to start being more alert. The closer we get the more dracs we'll find," said Corpse

"Not to mention a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ or two," said Toxic as she tightened her hands on the wheel.

"Ack. Like we need those," said Cyanide.

Twenty minutes later and everyone finally settled down, lost in their own world. Corpse took the time to think about her past, before BL/ind. She was born in the United States to Chinese parents. As a result she was fluent in English and Mandarin. Lot of good that did her now. She was an only child. Corpse thought she had a pretty good childhood, it had been so long though that she had forgotten most of it.

She kept a picture of her parents in her jacket pocket so she wouldn't forget them. When the world went to shit her parents were forced to work as engineers for BL/ind, or risk losing their jobs and being thrust into poverty. She vowed that once BL/ind was taken down she'd find them. No matter how long it took, she'd find them.

Corpse sighed. That is, if she lived to see BL/ind be taken down.

They drove all through the night. They weren’t stopping until they reached Zone 3. Now it was the early morning.

“Hey look,” said Sunny as she pointed to the sky, “Look how beautiful that sunrise is.”

They all agreed. It was nice to know there was still beauty in the world. It reminded them that there was something worth fighting for.

*A/N: Haha sorry this was a shorty. I just thought that last line was to yummy to let slide. I had to end it there. This was like a filler I guess....now the story picks up!

-Alex

ALSO! THIS IS NOT THE END OF SONIC P.S.
Sign up to rate and review this story