Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Seven: S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/

by ZombieSlayer13x 6 reviews

I'm SO SORRY for not updating sooner!! XD I hope you still enjoy this story.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-08-24 - Updated: 2011-08-24 - 2604 words - Complete

2Exciting
*A/N: Oh my God I am so sorry for not updating this. So much has been happening and I've been busy. You know, last minute school stuff, last minute vacations, also, I GOT A JOB!!! Four and a half to five hours a day, 5 days a week. I only work Saturdays when school starts though.

Anyways, to those of you who have followed this story from the beginning, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys rock!!!

Aaaaaaaaaanyways...yeah, you know the drill. Read, rate, review, and enjoy! :D

More back-stories and battle scenes!



Chapter Seven: S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/


The group took one short break so Sunny and Toxic could use the bathroom. They also stopped briefly to switch drivers. Now Elder was driving and Cyanide had shotgun.

Cigarette Kiss pulled up to Cyanide's window, "How much farther till Zone 3?" he asked.

"Hours!" Cyanide shouted back.

Cigarette Kiss groaned then sped ahead of the truck.

Everyone was getting antsy. They had to have been driving 12 hours straight at the least.

In the Hummer everyone, aside from Elder, passed the time by sleeping. There really was nothing else to do.

Sleep, think, sleep, think, and repeat and repeat.

Toxic looked out the window lazily. Riding in the truck was new to her. It definitely felt weird. She liked the change though. She could actually think and not have to keep her eyes on the road ahead. Toxic sighed, she thought about her life before BL/ind.

Toxic was the last member to join her team. Before them she was a loner. She made her way around hijacking cars and bikes, or hitch-hiking with other killjoys. She was on another team for a short while.

They lived in Zone 2. One day they were ambushed by a group of S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S. All of her team died. Well, almost all. There was a little boy that traveled around with them. He had to be 10 at the oldest. His name was Menacing Midnight and loved Toxic like a sister. She saved him from a nasty run in with some dracs a couple months before the ambush.

During the ambush saving Midnight was Toxic's main priority. She practically threw him on her bike, then attempted to aid her other teammates. Seeing that there was no hope her leader ordered her to take Midnight and run. Toxic did exactly that. She took him and fled to Zone 4. She had no time to grab supplies during the attack so they had to fend for themselves until they found a gas station or something. Toxic knew she couldn't care for him by herself, so she made him go with another group of killjoys they stumbled upon.

She, herself, refused their offer. The loss of her old team was too much. Toxic hadn't seen Midnight since, and that was years ago. To that day she still thought about him. She was pulled out of her thoughts by the truck coming to an abrupt stop.

"I know I said we wouldn't stop till Zone 2, but it's obvious we're all exhausted," said Corpse as she got out of the Hummer.

“Yeah, I’d say so,” said Cigarette Kiss as he dismounted his bike.

Sunny looked at the horizon. The sun was starting to set again.

“Finally!” Cyanide shouted as he flew out of the hummer. He started stretching, “I have never felt stiffer in my life!”

“Join the club,” said Toxic as she cracked her neck.

“Try doing that every single day,” said Corpse.

“So, can we eat now?” asked Cigarette Kiss hopefully. Toxic scoffed.

“I’ll get the food!” said Sunny as she popped the trunk of the truck.

Elder stood casually by the side of the car. What’s on the menu? He wrote.

“Stale bread and power pup!” Sunny said enthusiastically. She dealt each member a small piece of bread and a spoonful of power pup. She also threw each of them a water bottle.

Toxic made a face of disgust, but kept eating. She had to if she wanted to stay alive.

They made a fire and attempted small talk:

“Sooo, it’s weird we haven’t seen any dracs yet,” said Cyanide casually.

“Yeah, especially since we’re almost in Zone 2,” Toxic said.

“Watch us Jinx ourselves.” Corpse said quietly from the top of the hummer. She insisted on being a look out.

"Oh, stop being a pessimist!" Sunny teased.

"I'm not a pessimist!" Corpse protested, "I'm an optimist...who has pessimistic views."

The rest of the night carried on without any interruptions.

They set up a watch, and then tried to sleep.

~~~~

Cigarette Kiss was bored out of his mind. He hated being on watch. He had tried to weasel his way out of it, but he still got stuck on watch duty. He assumed by now it was probably around one or two in the morning. Cigarette Kiss looked around lazily. He was perched on top of the hummer. The night, or early morning, had been uneventful so far.

He was playing with his ray gun when he saw it.

At first he thought his eyes were deceiving him, but the closer it got, the more his fears were confirmed.

He swore under his breath. It was a lone drac, probably a scout. He silenced his ray gun and shot the drac.

"ALRIGHT PEOPLE, time to move!" Cigarette Kiss shouted. He jumped on the bike and revved the engine. The others were on their feet in an instant.

"Whaaa..." asked Sunny, still in a dream-like state.

Corpse and Toxic had their ray guns and were surveying the area.

"It's too damn early for this...." Cyanide muttered as he doused their fire from the night before.

Elder already had the keys in the ignition and was ready to roll.

Corpse saw the dead drac, "Scout?" she asked Cigarette Kiss.

He nodded. In minutes they were up and on the road again.

"That means whole group is probably minutes away," said Toxic.

They'd only been on the road about fifteen or twenty minutes when the first attack happened. It was still dark out.

"Uh guys!" Cigarette Kiss shouted from his bike, "We've got company..."

Everyone in the Hummer, excluding Elder, turned around.

It was hard to see in the dark, but they could just barely make out the forms of oncoming dracs.

"Shit." Toxic muttered.

Corpse turned around and cursed as well. She watched as the ray blasts bounced off truck's the windows. The glass was reinforced, but it wouldn't last forever.

"Is that a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ I see too!" Sunny asked, her tone quivering a little.

"Yes," said Toxic.

"Oh man!" Sunny said, "This is intense!"

"Hey guys, remember what we did that one time in Zone 5?" Corpse asked mischievously.

"No. What are you...ooohh" Toxic said, realizing what Corpse was talking about.

"You wanna do it?" Sunny asked.

"Don't really have a choice," Corpse said, casting a glance behind her once more.

Outside Cigarette Kiss was trying to doge blasts and shoot some of his own.

"Elder, just focus on driving," Corpse ordered.

He nodded.

"Cy just...sit tight..."

"Fine," he mumbled.

"Count of three," Corpse said.

"Three," Toxic agreed.

"One," Corpse started.

"Two," Sunny said. The three of them cocked their ray guns.

"THREE!" Toxic shouted.

Corpse and Toxic simultaneously threw the truck doors open, while they did that Sunny stood up so the upper half of her body was sticking out of the sunroof.

Sunny started shooting the dracs down one by one. Corpse and Toxic did the same. They could maneuver more easily with the doors open. They had tried shooting through the window once, but found it too awkward.

Their shots hit all but two dracs and the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/. These dracs were smart. They were intricately weaving their way around the ray blasts. The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ was avoiding the shots all together.

"I can't get a clear shot!" Toxic shouted, ducking back inside the truck.

"Same," said Corpse. She too retreated into the truck, slamming the door, "Sunny?"

There was the sound of ray blasts, and then Sunny dropped back into the truck as well.

"Nope."

"We have to do something," Cyanide said anxiously, "They're breaking the windows."

"Well, did you have something in mind?" Corpse asked irritably.

He paused, "Actually, yes. Yes I do."

Corpse gestured for him to go on.

"That baseball bat still back there?" he asked.

"Yeah w-No," said Toxic, "You aren't going out there."

"I have to do SOMETHING!"

"No!" Sunny protested as well.

"Look I-" Cyanide started, suddenly all three girls started protesting against him at once.

He inhaled sharply.

"LISTEN TO ME!" he roared, "Just give me the bloody baseball bat! It's a miracle we're not dead right now, you've been bickering so long!"

They were all silent.

"Here," said Corpse as she handed him the bat, "Don't get yourself killed."

"Wouldn't dream of it," he said as he took the bat and opened the door.

"Hey, good fellow, would you mind slowing down a bit?" Cyanide called to Elder.

Elder slowed down to about 10 mph. The dracs closed in on them.

Cigarette Kiss too slowed down, looking confused. Elder motioned for him to keep moving.

Cyanide took a deep breath, and then jumped out of the car. He landed hard on his feet, and then went into a somersault. As soon as he hit the ground, Elder sped up.

The dracs and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ zoomed right past Cyanide. Cyanide reached into his jacket and brought out a flare gun. He shot it in the air. "Come and get me," he said with a smirk. The dracs continued in their pursuit of the team, but the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ made a U-turn and sped towards Cyanide.

"Way to waste a flare," said Corpse from the truck as she rolled her eyes. All three girls were reloading their guns to take on the dracs once more.

Cyanide watch the hummer in the distance and stood calmly in the middle of the road, waiting.

The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/stopped it's bike about twenty feet away from Cyanide, but refused to dismount.

"What are you gonna do? Run me over! Come one you coward! Fight me, hand to hand!" Cyanide shouted.

The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ cocked it's head, finally dismounting its bikes. Cyanide was feeling a bit scared, but his adrenaline was overriding his systems. This feeling only intensified as the monster took its good sweet time walking over to him.

It didn't even pause as it started throwing punches.

Cyanide got a few occasional blows in, but mostly took them.

Down the road the hummer had pulled over, taking heavy fire from the two remaining dracs. They had hid behind it as a shield.

"Any bright ideas?" Cigarette Kiss asked them.

Sunny and Corpse just shrugged. "Nothing particular."

Toxic glanced down the road towards Cyanide. "Do you think he can handle it?"

"I think so. You can always kick its ass if he can't." Corpse said jokingly as she stood up to fire at the dracs.

"I HATE S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S." Toxic muttered with disdain as she reloaded her weapon.

"Don't we all," Corpse muttered, watching the fight intently.

Cyanide wiped some sweat from his forehead and faced the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ again. It had a couple inches on him and a giant ray blaster.

"Holy shit!" Cyanide swore under his breath. It didn't even seem phased with the fight Cy had put up so far. Cy aimed his gun at the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ and fired away. He didn't want to fatally wound it. At least now yet, so he aimed for the shoulder.

It flinched a little, but other than that seemed unfazed. Cyanide cursed. He was ready to fire again, but the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ beat him to it.

Cyanide dove out of the way just in time. He looked back at the spot he had just previously been in. He gasped. There was a giant black spot. Some of the road had even disintegrated.

This S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ meant business. He hauled himself up and looked at the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/. His adrenaline rush was slowly being replaced by fear. He ran at the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ and started using his karate moves on it. As Cyanide delivered a punch, the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ caught his fist.

"Double shit...." Cyanide whispered. The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ laughed and flipped Cyanide. He landed hard on his back, the wind getting knocked out of him. As he lay there, stunned, the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ loomed over him. It picked up its right foot and stepped on his chest, pinning him to the ground.

Cyanide closed his eyes and said his prayers. The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ slowly lifted its gun.

"NOOOOO!!" Corpse shouted looking towards Cyanide. They had just finished with the last two dracs. Corpse clamored back into the car. She was about to put the truck in reverse and floor it when she heard an engine rev.

All heads turned to see Cigarette Kiss race by on his bike.

"Huh, he does care," Toxic said to herself.

When the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ heard Cigarette Kiss's bike he turned and looked, he was about fifty feet from him.

Cigarette Kiss cocked his gum and aimed for the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/'s head.

It raised its gun in defense, but a second too late.

The last thing the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/ saw was the barrel of Cigarette Kiss’s gun before he shot it in the face.

Back at the hummer Sunny started cheering. Corpse and Toxic stared at her, Elder let out a long sigh of relief.

~~~~

Cyanide lifted his head to look at Cigarette Kiss, then flopped back down on the road. It was all too much for him.

Cigarette Kiss grabbed Cyanide’s hand and heaved him up.

“Up ya go,” He said, some strain evident in his voice, “You okay?”

“Yeah,” Cyanide said wincing.

“We should go,” said Cigarette Kiss as he eyed the dead S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/, “More will come.”

Just then they Hummer pulled up next to them. “Hop in,” said Corpse from the front seat as she jerked her thumb towards the back ones.

He did what he was told. Cigarette Kiss mounted his bike as well. They cast one more look at the dracs, then rode away.

“I guess that means no more stops until Zone 2...” Sunny said.

*A/N: Yup, another chapter up. I actually have about half of a chapter that's to come later done too.

QUESTION! Which character is your favorite so far? If you're already in the story, NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF! My favorite is probably Toxic or Sonic. XD

-Alex

END TRANSMISSION
Sign up to rate and review this story