Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 1.The Only Hope For Me Is You

Never Coming Home:Chapter 25

by EmilehFace 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-08-15 - Updated: 2011-08-15 - 1260 words - Complete

1Moving
"Mmm" Gerard mumbles, "I really don't want to leave you...alone...in my bed." He bites his lip and smiles. "I really should go see what's up with Mikey though."
"You might want to put some clothes on first" I laugh.
Gerard chucks on a pair of jeans and walks out of his room to go and find Mikey.
I sigh happily and sink back into his blankets.
We didn't do anything more than make out after Mikey found us.
Fuck, it's going to be awkward the next time I see him.
A while later, Gee walks back in the room, looking sad and still shirtless.
"What's wrong?" I ask, walking over to him.
I try to hug him, be he shrugs me off.
"Gee?"
He walks across his bedroom and sits on his bad.
"Fuck" Is all he says.
I sit down next to him and wrap my arm around his waist; He rests his head on my shoulder and begins to cry.
I think I can see Gerard opening up to me. He once never would have cried in front of me, let alone lean on my shoulder.
"Gee, why are you so upset?" I ask.
He looks at me, his greeny-hazel eyes spilling water droplets.
"I don't think I can say it out loud." He says between sobs.
"You know you can tell me anything. No judgement" I reassure.
He sighs loudly. I lift the hnd not around Gerard's waist, to wipe away his tears.
"Okay" He starts, "turns out my father isn't dead. Mum just told me that because she wished it upon him after what he did. He just got out of prison, Frankie. He's going to be here in an hour."
"What!?" I cry, "What did he do? I don't want you to be in danger."
Gerard seems to stop breathing momentarily and stares at the ground.
"Gee, tell me."
In the quietest voice possible with a hint of shame, he says "rape."
I hug Gerard tightly ad glare into nowhere evilly.
What a dog. He can't come here. He can't see Gerard!
"You don't have to see him!" I protest, jumping off the bed.
"He's my father, Frankie." Gee says.
"Gee look, what he did, I...I know how much that can effect a per-" I begin, but Gerard cuts me off.
"I fucking know Frank!...Well I don't know, but fuck. I don't know what to do. He's despicable."
We simultaneously hear a knock at the door and stare at each other, wide eyed.

Gerard almost runs into his door like a headless chicken because he's anxious. He scurries around his floor looking for a decent shirt.
"Does this look okay?" He asks me, pointing to a plain black t-shirt.
"It looks fine" I say to him, and it does. It looks more than fine. But it would look better off.
I zone out in my own thoughts until I realize Gerard is standing next to his door, about to open it, and is staring at me.
My heart sinks a little.
"You don't have to tell him yet." I say
"I'm sorry, Frank. I am. Serious."
He kisses me on the cheek and then cautiously walks downstairs.
I sit on the floor. I feel like crying, but I know I can't. It would be hypocritical. It's just not a very nice feeling. The person you care about most in the world not wanting their parents to meet you.
But I can see why he wouldn't want me to meet his dad.
I can't help myself though. I know they'll probably be sitting in the lounge, so if I chill around the bottom of the stairs, I'll be able to see them, and it'll be harder for them to see me.
I walk down the stairs quietly. They only creak when you don't want them to.
I feel like a creep, crouching suspiciously at the bottom of some stairs in Gerard's house.
My thoughts need to shut up so I can hear their conversation.
I can't see them.
"So, tell me about yourself." A deep voice says. I presume this is Gee's father speaking.
"Uh, nothing to really tell" Gerard says, in an almost sad tone.
"C'mon" says the deep voice "I know I haven't seen you since you were a baby and I've really shitted my life away. But I want to get to know you. Both of you. I'm interested in your lives"
Mikey must be there too. I wonder what Mr. Way would do if he didn't approve of his sons. I mean, two kids who go around wearing girl clothes and their father is a jailbird, it makes you think there's got to be more to this.
"Okay" I hear Gerard say slowly,” I'm really into music and art and I just got expelled from school for beating up a guy who...really messed with my boyfriend."
"I like arts and craf-" Mikey begins happily, until he's cut off by his father.
"You mean girlfriend?" Asks the deep voice, completely ignoring Mikey.
Poor kid.
One day someone will see him for who he really is-a star.
I can sense Gee's nervousness.
"No" He says, trying not to let his voice get too shaky.
"So you're a fag?"
I ball my fist in anger.
"Really?" Gerard asks, disappointed, "a fag? You're going to call your own son a fag...At least I'm better than you" He snarls.
"What did you just say boy? You don't be talking to me like that."
"I can talk to you however the fuck I want! I’ve always thought you were dead, but now to me you really are."
I'm so proud of Gee for standing up for himself.
Suddenly I hear a loud crash.
Before I know what I'm doing, I'm running into the lounge room. I'm greeted with horror.
Gerard is lying on the floor-still breathing-but it looks like he's hit the edge of his forehead on the coffee table, the man who is supposedly his father, stands over him. He was struck by his own father. He's a stocky man with not much hair. But he looks as though he's capable of anything.
Mikey is standing by the corner of the couch, looking scared and stunned.
"And who are you mate?" Mr Way asks me "Jared’s boyfriend?"
"His name is Gerard you piece of shit!" I yell.
I run over and jump on his, hitting him as hard as I can again and again.
Mikey is staring at me as if I've lost my mind. I think I have.
Somehow Gee finds the strength to get up.
I've somehow managed to beat this man to the ground. But he won't give up without a fight. Gerard punches him. A lot harder than me. His punches are full of anger and disgust.
Gee's father pushes us both off him.
"I'll fuckin' leave. Thought I had a chance to be a good man, obviously not...Cya later fag" He says.
Gee looks as if he's about to cry.
"Mikey, are you okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, just a bit shaken" He says.
"Okay. Gee, let's go up to your room."
He doesn't argue and follows me up the stairs.
Once we're in his room, Gerard breaks down.
He's crying desperately into my shoulder and I can feel the wetness from his tears soak though my shirt.
"Hey, it's okay." I say.
He suddenly sits up and kisses me.
"It is okay" He says, "Because I have you, and that's all I need."
Sign up to rate and review this story