Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 15

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

"'If anything Lucifer says can be believed, then I would die.'"

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 706 words - Complete

0Unrated
I gazed at myself in the mirror. I looked so different than usual. The report at school today had gone smoothly and without a problem. Gerard had invited me to dinner at a restaurant downtown to celebrate. I was wearing a corseted dress, purple ribbons lacing their way around the edges of my skirt and criss-crossing up my back, knee high boots complete with skull-and-crossbones laces, and freshly washed (and dried) hair. My eyes were rimmed in black liner, the lids covered in shadow, my face paler than the moon with foundation. Rings wrapped around my fingers, earrings graced my ears, and a black choker with a metal bat dangling off it clutched my neck.
I couldn’t lie to myself. What Gerard said had scared me a little. But not enough to shoo me away. He couldn’t lose me that easily. I was just going to get over it and be with him. Why? Because Gerard was the only person who had ever touched me the way he had, both physically and emotionally. I knew I was his only hope, and I had to help him. I was falling for him hard and fast, but I was okay with that. I had a feeling he wasn’t going to leave me.
My phone buzzed, jolting me out of my thoughts. I grabbed it, reading that Gerard was here and I needed to get downstairs before we were late for our reservation. I hit the stairs running, slinging my studded purse over my shoulder.
“What are you all dressed up for?” my mom asked, pulling on her coat.
“What are you all dressed up for?”
“Your dad’s out of town and I was gonna go to dinner with my friends.”
“And I’m going to dinner with my friends.”
“Am I gonna get to meet him any time soon?”
“Him?”
“The guy you’re all dressed up to meet.”
I didn’t spend much time with my mom due to her job, but I had to hand it to her. She was good.
“He and I are going to the dance next week. You can meet him then.”
I threw open the front door and started across the lawn. Gerard smiled at me when I opened the door. “Good evening,” he said. He glanced behind me and saw my mom getting in her car, watching us. “Your mom, I take it?”
I nodded. He waved at her, then pulled out of the driveway and into the street. The restaurant was an Italian place. He pulled into a parking place and came around to open the car door for me. He smiled, looking me up and down, taking in my outfit as I climbed out.
“You look amazing.”
I blushed. “You too.” And he did. He wore black jeans, an Asking Alexandria tee, and combat boots. His black hair was brushed over his forehead, brushing his shoulders. He pulled me close and kissed me quickly.
“What do you say after this we head out for ice cream or something?”
“Sounds great,” I said, twining my hand around his and starting toward the restaurant. We got a table in the back corner of the restaurant, nice and private. I ordered a fettuccini alfredo and he got spaghetti. “More spaghetti?” I smirked when the waitress walked away.
“Don’t judge me,” he muttered, taking a bite of the bread in the center of the table.
“So tell me. Can someone come back from the dead?”
“You mean like a ghost?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“That much is out of my control. It’s happened before, to the people Satan really wants to torment.”
“What if….what if you just stopped?” I asked after a beat of silence.
“What do you mean?”
“If you just refused to kill anyone anymore?”
“Well…see, it’s not that simple. If I just stopped, well, people still have to die. Without death there can be no life. Who knows what Satan would do if he were to take it upon himself to take care of the lack of dying people. And…”
“And?”
“Well, if I were to stop, completely, then…”
“Then?”
“If anything Lucifer says can be believed, then I would die.”
Sign up to rate and review this story