Categories > Games > Mega Man > Phoenix Evolution

Home & Secrets

by darkskysong 0 reviews

Chaud knows that appearances aren't everything.

Category: Mega Man - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-06-05 - Updated: 2006-06-06 - 1292 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four - Home & Secrets

Kaie Tama was glad to return home to Brightland. DenTech City was a good place for battling, but it was always nice to be home.

She had decided to give Lan that battle chip after giving her a challenge in their match. Kaie had sent Phoenix with emails to Princess Pride about the chip and to TamaMedia informing them she would be back soon.

TamaMedia's private plane landed smoothly in Brightland.

Phoenix saw that Kaie was feeling tense again. "Kaie, why don't we visit the TamaMedia Net Training Centre," Phoenix suggested.

"I don't see why not" Kaie said. "Maybe Kegan's there."

"Let's go and see."

Kaie disembarked and got into the car waiting for her. Her driver took off to their destination immediately following her order.

The TamaMedia Net Training Centre was a purpose built centre that incorporated TamaMedia's latest technology for NetBattling. It let NetOps and NetNavis train side by side with full sized holograms. The Net Centre also had different arenas to train and battle in. NetOps around the world have access to these arenas, and can battle other NetOps, just like Net City's coliseum.

Kaie knew a few of the NetOps at the centre. They had been there since before she left to participate in the N1 Grand Prix. Though new people had arrived to train and others had left.

A couple of the NetOps from Brightland waved at Kaie when she entered the centre. They respected her for her skills as well as her family. She waved back.

The room that housed the net arenas took up half the centre. It was divided from the physical training area by one wall, accessed by sliding doors.

Kaie was headed for one of the private arenas behind the doors off the main room. She jacked Phoenix into the arena and waited.

Another NetNavi landed in the arena.

"PhoenixMan," said Phoenix.

Kaie was relieved. "Kegan, I knew you'd be here."

"Where else would I be when you are travelling" Kegan replied.

"Gallivanting around Brightland."

Kegan waved the comment off. "Net City was broadcasting the N1 Grand Prix tournament."

"How lucky for me," Kaie said disdainfully.

"Cheer up Kaie, I want to battle."

"I'm not letting you beat me this time."

"No worries sister. Just do your best."

"That's it! No more miss nice girl." Kaie loved battling with her brother. "Come on Phoenix; let's wipe the cyber floor with PhoenixMan."

"My pleasure, Kaie."


--------------------


Chaud rested his eyes. He was tired but as Vice-President of BlazeQuest Games, he had to finish the rest of the paperwork still on his desk. His PET sat on the corner, where there were no papers.

"Chaud finish these tomorrow."

"I can't."

"Yes you can. They aren't due until tomorrow afternoon."

"All the more reason to do them now and not to worry about them tomorrow."

"At least have a break," ProtoMan insisted. "How about a NetBattle to reenergise you?"

"Where are we going to find someone to NetBattle this late?"

"TamaMedia NetBattle Arenas should still have NetOps logged in."

"Let's observe instead. I'm curious about that place."

"Jack in ProtoMan. Power up."

"Welcome to the TamaMedia NetBattle Arenas," said an automatic recording.

"Have a look around ProtoMan."

"Sure thing, Chaud."

ProtoMan went to every stadium of the NetBattle Arenas. He watched one match before moving onto the next, observing the arenas' activity. The place was running, as a NetBattle arena should, ProtoMan was unsure about what Chaud wanted to find.

ProtoMan reported back. "Place looks okay." He walked past a private arena. "Hang on; I'm picking up a loose audio stream."

"Record it and jack out."

"Done."

Chaud wondered whether he did the right thing. The stream was loose so by rights anyone could have it.

ProtoMan returned to the PET. "It's a little scrambled but I can fix that."

"Play the stream."

The stream was an argument.

"Why won't you do it?"

"It's not right, creating a tournament just for you."

"Please Kaie. It's getting routine just NetBattling in the training centre, here and Net City's coliseum. I want a change, a challenge. I need something to do."

"I know it's hard but..."

"Please convince Mum and Dad, Kaie. Do it for the company if not me."

"What if they find out you're a solo NetNavi?"

"Then they find out. It's not like there hasn't been one before."

"It's against my better judgement Kegan, but I'll do it."

"Thanks sister."

The stream ended, ProtoMan hadn't dared record it any longer.

There was much said that intrigued Chaud. He knew Kaie Tama's voice. She had called the other, Kegan, a solo NetNavi. Chaud wondered what the new solo NetNavi meant and, why did Kegan call Kaie sister. He had a ridiculous idea but was worth looking for proof.

"ProtoMan see if you can find any information on Kegan, Kaie Tama and TamaMedia, include our files as well."

"It may take a while to find anything."

"That's okay. I'll do this paperwork."

Chaud had just finishing signing the last document when ProtoMan returned from his search. It was nearing 11 p.m.

"What did you find?"

"Not much but you'll like it." ProtoMan brought up a file. "This was an encrypted file in BlazeQuest's restricted archives. It is a letter from TamaMedia asking help from several companies. They wanted scientists for something called the Kegan Project."

"Interesting. What else?"

"A Brightland news headline involving TamaMedia. The article details the explosion of one of TamaMedia's experiment labs, injuring the scientists working in the lab. The other thing the article reports is that the explosion also caused a wall to fall onto the Tama children. Kaie Tama and her twin brother, Kegan Tama were badly injured."

"When did this happen?"

"Seven years ago."

"When is the document dated?"

"Four years ago."

Chaud sat back in his chair, deciding curiosity was a thing he should cut back on if it is not in BlazeQuest's interests.

"Is there any information on Kegan Tama since then?"

"A few articles saying Kegan Tama was a talented young boy in technology and," ProtoMan hesitated.

"What?"

"And that Kegan died three years ago."


--------------------


Lan, Dex, Maylu and Tori were walking home from DenTech Academy. It was Friday and a whole weekend lay ahead them.

"Hey guys, have you heard? TamaMedia is advertising their Net Training Centre all over DenTech City," said Tori.

"And that their Net Arenas are open to all NetBattlers around the world," put in MegaMan.

"I heard they had different types of arenas to battle in" Maylu offered.

"I wonder what the Net Training Centre looks like." Dex scratched his head. "I mean, training along side GutsMan would be an interesting thing to do."

"TamaMedia have produced a state of the art hologram technology that lets NetOps interact physically with their Navis."

Lan almost fell over. "Chaud! Where did you come from?"

"I was around."

"So Chaud, does BlazeQuest Games have dealings with TamaMedia?" Tori asked as Chaud joined them.

"None that I've dealt with. TamaMedia have been around awhile, releasing small products every now and then. The centre is its first major project that I know of."

"What do you know about Kaie Tama?" asked Lan.

"Spokesperson for TamaMedia and a skilled battler. I saw her battle in a Questing Tournament last year. Why?"

"She's one strange person."

"Lan, trust me when I say this." Chaud stared at Lan. "Don't judge Kaie until she is your friend."

Lan stopped. "What does that suppose to mean?"

Chaud just waved over his shoulder and disappeared around the corner.

"That was weird" said Dex.

They all shrugged.

Maylu had an idea. "Yai should have a fast connection to the TamaMedia Net Training Centre. We can check out the NetBattle Arenas."

"Yeah!"
Sign up to rate and review this story