Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Your kiss was the perfect drug, it gave me the perfect high

Chapter 4

by darcylynn91 0 reviews

a fun, short chapter

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-22 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 698 words

0Unrated
After we smoked our cigarettes we headed back inside and finished eating. The guys were going to go back to their hotel and hang out until they had to get ready for their show tonight, but Brendon insisted on going back with Julie and I and catching up with the rest of the guys later.

“Well, here it is.” I say stepping into the room. It was split into two rooms; a small living area and the bedroom. Julie goes in and sits on a small couch that was inside. Turning on the TV she says “Don’t let her forget about the art.”

“Julie, shut up.” I said.

“She’s right, Ray. Stop fidgeting and let’s see it!” he said sitting down besides her. I sighed and walked into the bedroom looking for a sketchbook or something I might have brought with me. I always bring one with me whoever I go, but I didn’t really want him to see. I always get extremely nervous wondering what someone thinks about my drawings.

I realized I had been sitting on the floor in front of my duffle bag for a while when I heard Brendon walk in and ask if I was okay.

“Yeah, just looking for my sketchbook. I found it.” I said holding it up to him with a nervous smile.

“Cool.” he said sitting down beside me. As he started looking through the pages of the book I started to get that awful nervous feeling again.

“A lot of those are kind of old. Lately I’ve been doing a lot of digital stuff, trying to get better at that.” I said shrugging.

“I like them.” he said “Are you working on anything now?”

“No. Well, just this one thing I was thinking of starting. Just to try something different.”

“I want to see,” he said giving a pout. “please.”

I hesitated and finally said “You have to help me with it though.”
“You know how I said I don’t paint a lot?” I asked standing up and walking to the main room, motioning for him to follow. “Well I’ve been trying to find a style that I can paint and it looks okay.”

I stop to get some paints and brushes I had left in the corner. “Did you know a Jackson Pollock can go for about two million dollars at least and all he did was splatter the right paint over a giant canvas.”

“Are you going to work on your painting?” Julie stopped me “Hold up. I’ll come out and have a smoke.”

“Are we going somewhere?” Brendon asked.

“Just to the roof. There‘s more room there and if I spill paint they can‘t charge my card because of 
damages.”

I pulled out a covered 24” x 20” stretched canvas and we took the elevator to the top floor and snuck onto the roof. I set it down against the wall and pulled off the sheet I had covered it with. So far I had covered the entire canvas in a lime green color and then dry brushed some deep blue over the left top side as well a little towards the middle to give it some texture.

“I was going to start doing this part tonight.” I said squeezing out some red, black, and white paint onto the palette.

“What exactly is ‘this part’?” he questioned.

“Well, I cut out some random shapes and silhouettes and I want to place them around on top of the canvas so when I splatter or dab the paint on it will only get on certain areas. The more paint that goes around the cut outs the better you will see the silhouette. It should make for some interesting shapes on the canvas, well that’s the theory anyway.” I explained.
I set everything I needed up while Julie smoked her cigarette. I asked them which cut outs I should use and where.

“Well, you kids have fun, I’m going to go get some food.” Julie said while heading for the door.

“Alright. What do you think Brendon? Should we start with a dark red or a lighter one?”
Sign up to rate and review this story