Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Your kiss was the perfect drug, it gave me the perfect high

Chapter 5

by darcylynn91 2 reviews

another short cute one

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-22 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 472 words

1Original
Two hours later we were laughing hysterically on the ground covered in paint.

“That is seriously the most fun I’ve ever had painting.” I gasped laughing.

“I know!” he said smearing more paint in my hair.

“Hey!”

“What? Red looks good on you,” he laughed. “Oh. It looks like I should be going. I don’t want to be late for sound check.”

“Alright. I’m just going to clean this stuff up, you can go ahead.”

“No. I have enough time to help clean up the mess I helped make.”

“Brendon it’s ok really.”

I was reaching for the pile of brushes when he stopped me by putting his hand over mine “Ray, let me help.”
I looked down, blushing and pulled my hand away, going to pick up something else.

“Why do you do that?”

“Do what?” I mumbled.

“Shut down like that. What are you afraid of?”

No one had ever asked me that before. Not like that. Like he already knew, but wanted me to say it. I couldn’t answer him, just thinking about what had made me start to block people out hurt too much. I headed towards the door, but he got there first. He was holding the door shut with one hand while still standing behind me. I turned around and looked up at him.

“Open the door Brendon.” I hadn’t even noticed how upset I was till my voice came out shaky.

“Not until you tell me what’s wrong.”

“I’m just shy. What does it matter?”

“That’s not it Ray. Someone hurt you. I can see that.” He said looking down at me. “You can talk to me.”

“There’s nothing to talk about. It’s in the past and that’s where it’s going to stay.” I said pushing him away from the door and me. I grabbed what I could and headed down the stairs.

“Listen, just come hang out with me tonight.” He said following behind me.

“Why?”

“I just want to know you Ray. Is that so hard to believe?”

“Why? Why is it so important to you?”

“It just is.” He said as he stepped in front of me blocking my path out of the stairwell.

“I’m leaving in the morning and you have a show tonight.” I told him.

“After the show. Please.”

“If I say yes will you move?”
He nodded.
“Fine. Tonight”

“Great! I’ll be here around twelve thirty then.” He said holding the door open for me. “You are very stubborn you know.”

“I am,” I told him as I walked down the hall. “but so are you.”

“Maybe, but not for the same reasons you are.”

“I’ll see you tonight Brendon.” I said once I got into my room.

“Tonight, Ray.” He said.
Sign up to rate and review this story