Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Intoxicated Circulation

Chapter 4

by TayBayBay 2 reviews

He glanced at me and did a double take...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2011-08-25 - Updated: 2011-08-25 - 1932 words - Complete

0Unrated
I woke up tangled in Brendon’s sheets, and fighting a killer headache. I glanced over my shoulder as light peered though his tilted blinds. The top of Brendon’s head was peaking out from under the blanket, a light snore blowing the sheet away from his face. I smiled to myself, and tried to push myself up out of the bed. I was stopped short by a pain that spread across my whole body, that felt like my muscles were having a fist fight with each other. With a painful gasp, I plopped back down onto the sheets.
Brendon stirred, and looked over to me, sleep still in his eyes.
“Hey... you okay?” He asked, squinting at me.
“Yeah.” I breathed.
“Did you just fall or something?” He asked, sitting up. I shook my head, trying to ignore the soreness that was attacking me. When he said I’d regret it.... I didn’t think I would so immediately.
“Yeah...” I admitted. He wiped at his eyes and licked his lips.
“Did I oversleep?” He asked, glancing at his clock. I shook my head, but still didn’t move from my spot.
“No. I just woke up too.” I said flatly. Brendon looked at me, and an odd expression crossed his face. Quickly he got up from the bed and began walking to the door. He scratched his head before turning back to face me.
“I’m going to go make some coffee and all that jazz. You coming?” He smiled, but it didn’t look right. I pressed hard against the mattress, trying to sit on my butt but epically failing. I was so sore, I could barely move. It was either standing, or laying down. Definitely no in between. Brendon’s brow furrowed as he watched me struggle. I finally gave up and fell back.
“Okay, I’ll be straight up here,” I started with a sigh, “I’m sore as fuck, and I can’t move, or sit up, or do anything.” I was getting frustrated. Brendon came over to my side of the bed quickly, biting his lip as though not to laugh. He put both hands out for me. I put my hands in his, waiting for his direction.
“You just need to kind of... fight through it.” Brendon said, humor in his voice. I sighed, knowing he found my pain hilarious. “Ready?” He asked me. I nodded. “One. Two. Three.”
He pulled on my arms, as I sat myself up, hissing through the pain. He helped me to my feet, then dropped my hands. He smiled hesitantly, before walking to the door again.
“Think you can make it down the stairs? Or do I need to carry you?” He smirked.
“It’s not funny.” I scowled. He nodded.
“I know, I know.” He opened the door, and turned back to me, “But seriously, do I need to carry you?”
“No. You do not need to carry me. Thank you.” I rolled my eyes. He put his hands up in defense.
“Just thought I’d make sure. You look like a pretty fragile person.” He laughed.
“I’m not fragile.” I crossed my arms in front of me like a two year old. He smiled, nodded, and then walked into the hallway.



I had a cup of coffee with Brendon, which was thoroughly awkward. Conversation was minimal, my ass was screaming at me, and I couldn’t fight the feeling that last night didn’t happen just because of the alcohol. And he kept looking at me, all fucking cute and shit. I couldn’t handle it. He was a guy. I knew that I’d just had sex with him the night before, but I also knew that I’ve liked girls my entire life. Why did he fuck with my mind so much?
After coffee, I called Spencer to come and pick me up. It only took him 5 minutes to get there. Brendon and I exchanged a... pleasant hug goodbye, and the polite “I’ll see you around”s and “We’ll hang out soon”s. And then I was down the driveway and in Spencer’s car in an instant. Even though my ass didn’t like me sitting on it so much.
“Who’s house is this?” Spencer asked, pulling down the drive.
“It’s Christine’s.” I lied, I didn’t need Spencer judging me too.
“Christine from Calc?” He asked. I nodded, watching out the window as the house drifted away. “She’s cute.”
“Yeah. She is.” I agreed, “So, how’d it go last night? Did the cops show?”
“Yeah, but they just told us to keep it down. Most of the people were gone by then. Including you, asshole.” He punched my leg, which made my clench my muscles, which in turn made me scream like a little girl in pain. Spencer looked at me concerned.
“Whoa! You okay, man? I didn’t hit you that hard.”
“I’m fine.” I lied again. Spencer shrugged and played with the radio. He couldn’t find a good station, so it ended up being Spencer punching button’s in frustration.
“Jon wants to fuck you, by the way.” I said, not really knowing why I said it. Spencer blinked a few times, then cleared his throat.
“How did you know that?” He asked, his voice a little shaky.
“He told me.” I explained, watching him tap the wheel nervously. “Spence, you alright?”
“I’m good.” He laughed, a little squeaky laugh. I opened my mouth to speak, but was caught short. There’s no way that both of us... no way.
“Spence... What did you do last night?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. Spencer bit his lip, but gave in easily.
“I was really wasted, and he just kept bringing me beers. I don’t know. I’ve always been a little bit curious-”
“You fucked Jon?!” I squeaked. Spencer sighed.
“Yes. I fucked Jon.”
“Are you sore?” I asked, but regretted it the minute it came out of my mouth.
“What? No! I fucked him.” He said, “I’m the straight one.” I felt my internal groan as I thought about that. I was the fucking straight one. Why didn’t I think of that!?
“You okay man?” Spencer asked, noticing my annoyance. I shook my head.
“Yeah, Yeah. I’m fine.”
“So you’re not... weird about this?” He asked nervously.
“No. It’s cool. People do weird shit when they’re drunk. It’s whatever.” I blew it off. Spencer smiled, and nodded.



When we got back to his house, we spent the late morning cleaning up from the night before. It was a total train wreck. We went through 6 garbage bags worth of shit. I vacuumed, he wiped the counters, and windows. We did everything we could before his parents got back. Not to mention Jon was coming over for band practice later that afternoon, and we didn’t want to be swimming in filth. I put the vacuum back in the closet just as Jon was arriving.
“Hey guys.” He said, he voice coarse and his eyes bloodshot.
“Dude, you look like shit.” I said, looking him up and down. He shrugged.
“I didn’t get enough sleep.” He put his bass down on the table and walked into the kitchen. He pulled a Red Bull out of the fridge and started downing it. Spencer sat awkwardly on the couch, every so often glancing at Jon. I shook my head. Sex was going to make this whole thing complicated. Why did they think that was a good idea? Hell, why did I think it was a good idea? Because I was a drunken idiot, that’s why.
“Hey guys,” Spencer called from the couch, “Can we talk for a sec?” Jon came back into the room and sat on the couch, a safe distance away from Spencer. I walked over to the table, and stood. Still no in between at the moment.
“Okay, I’ve been thinking. We need a new singer.” He said flat out. My brow furrowed.
“Excuse me?” I asked, a little offended.
“You diss your own vocals all the time, Ry. I was just thinking... we want to be weird, and different, and edgy, and all that good shit. So I think we need a voice that’s different and edgy.”
“Have anyone in mind?” Jon asked. I crossed my arms, waiting for Spencer’s idea.
“Well, this girl from school said her cousin’s really good. And he lives right in town... I figured we could give him a try.” Spencer raised his eyebrows at me. I sighed, in defeat. He was right, I didn’t love my voice. I mean, It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything record worthy.
“Fine.” I said. Spencer smiled, and looked at Jon, who nodded.
“Great. ‘Cause he’s coming over in like.... ten minutes.” Spencer announced, getting up from the couch, and walking into the kitchen.
“Wait, we’re doing this today? We haven’t practiced in like 3 weeks!” I followed him into the kitchen.
“Why not start now then? Who knows, he may totally suck.” Spencer said, just as the doorbell rang. “Oh, he’s early.” Spencer smiled.
I walked back into the living room, as Spencer went to the door. I sat down next to Jon slowly and carefully... not to mention painfully, and picked up my guitar. I started strumming a melody I had come up with the other day. Spencer walked into the room, but I didn’t glance up.
“Hey guys, so this is Brendon.” He introduced. My head shot up at the name, and my mouth literally dropped open. There he was, skinny jeans, black v-neck, with a dark purple hoodie, standing awkwardly next to Spence. He glanced over to me and did a double take. We held each other’s gaze and then dropped it simultaneously. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.
“Sup, man?” Jon asked, standing up and shaking Brendon’s hand. “I’m Jon.”
“Brendon. Nice to meet you.” He said. Ugh that voice. That fucking voice. When I heard it all I could think of was it moaning my name the night before. Fuck. Fuck.
“That’s, uh, Ryan.” Spencer introduced me.
“I know. We’ve met.” Brendon explained. I shut my eyes and rubbed my temples.
“Oh right, he stayed at Christine’s last night.” Spencer nodded in understanding, but in reality he didn’t understand at all.
“Yeah.” Brendon agreed.
“Don’t be too hard on him. He’s a good guy. He won’t hurt your cousin.” Spencer joked. I shook my head, and opened my eyes.
“I never thought he would.” Brendon smiled at Spencer, and then looked back at me. “Glad to see you’re sitting okay.”
I grimaced at the joke, but forced a smile, “Yeah, Thanks.”
Spencer glanced back and forth between the two of us, trying to understand the tension, but quickly gave up.
“Okay, then. Should we start?”
I rummaged through my backpack and found a sheet of notebook paper with my ridiculous scribbles all over it. I checked the title to make sure it was the right one.
Time to Dance.
I hesitantly handed it to Brendon.
“This is what we’ve been working on. If you want to follow along and get a feel for it.” I said, turning off the awkward and getting into business mode. Brendon nodded, bit his lip, and read the lyrics as we began to play.
Sign up to rate and review this story