Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

Chapter 5: Friends and Flying Sandwiches

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Frank is grateful for his few friends, the only people who help him get through the day, but when they're older than you, it's hard to get their support when you need it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-08-28 - Updated: 2011-08-28 - 630 words - Complete

1Exciting
Holding the cigarette between my fingers, I take a deep drag. I shouldn't need to do this, smoking's bad for you, I know but it just takes the edge off how shit I feel. I want to punch Aiden's stupid smug face in, I want to stamp on his very expensive phone, I want to scream in his face....but I can't. I'm too weak. Too pathetic. I hear the sound of someone coming and quickly drop my cigarette on the floor, stamp on it and then throw it over the wall. I rip open my bag and hastily spray myself with body spray ( a bit feminine, I know, but I sure as hell don't want to get caught) and then try to look innocent as I make my way to the Spanish department, ready to begin another fifty minutes of hellfire and damnation. A couple of girls in the year below me stare as I pass them, then collapse into a fit of hushed whispers and giggles. I actually respect them for that, at least they attempted to hide their laughing fit.
I zone out in the lesson, not paying any attention ( not that I need to, the teacher, Mrs Kane is totally insane today...as usual.) and then when it eventually ends, I practically run to my locker to grab my lunch. Saying that, running doesn't really help when several groups of rowdy teenage boys are calling your name, embellishing it with a series of very "Imaginative" adjectives. I stand at my locker, tugging out my thermos of soup and my sandwiches. I'm so glad I bring my own lunch, the mess they produce in the cafeteria is just...ew. And when you have a load of that mess thrown at you, it kind of puts you off going in there. Ever again. I take my lunch outside into the quad and sit down on one of the benches. All is good for about ten minutes, Gerard, my friend a few of years older than me stops to chat " Hey! Not seen you in a while man!" He sits down next to me, putting the large portfolio down that he was carrying. " How's it going?" I grin, thankful that I was actually speaking to someone, it felt weird actually having a conversation rather than an argument " Hey, uhh.. it's going fine..." he looks at me, shaking his long-ish, messy black hair out of his eyes, " yeah right, they're being ass holes again aren't they?" I nod, " Don't listen to them dude. They're just stupid. Uh.. listen, I gotta go. Got to hand in my final art piece, but I'll see you around. Cool lip ring by the way!" I laugh and he picks up the portfolio and goes back into school. A weight lifts from my chest and I continue to eat my soup. It feels good to have people who don't judge you every second of every day. Maybe there are some decent people in this school. Famous last words there, Frank. I jump as a sandwich hits me on the side of the head, making me spill a bit of my soup on my lap. It's hot and I wince, " Fuck!" I throw the sandwich on the floor and look round to see who threw it at me. The high pitched cheers and laughter tell me it's a group of kids, about fourteen. " Got you, you weirdo!" one calls, high-fiving his friend who then yells " Consider it free food you twat!" and they run off, patting each other on the back. My face goes red again, I can practically feel the heat coming of it as I gather up my uneaten lunch and head to the toilets to wash the soup stain out of my trousers.
Sign up to rate and review this story