Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Will you take me with you?

Letting the guard down for just a second

by CherriBoomBoom 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-31 - Updated: 2011-09-01 - 990 words

0Unrated
Here we go, we're catching up to where I actually am in the story! I won't be able to update as much afterwards because I'm in school and stuff, and I have lots of work... So yeah enjoy ^_^

Chapter 11


I heard familiar footsteps as I crashed to the ground, face first. I didn’t even care. I knew very well Mikey had followed me. I was so emotionally exhausted that I didn’t even protest when he picked me up like a baby. I only managed a faint:

-Why do you have to follow me everywhere?

He looked to the side and blushed. Foolish boy. Even after being told we’d have to stick together for at least the next 18 years. And I was well-aware the kid could run off anytime. I mean, he had a dream ready to fulfill, just around the corner. I was just a burden, a bitchy teenage girl carrying a child. That’s enough to make anyone run off.

-You know very well why.

I giggled.

-You can put me down, you know. I’m able to walk.

-Oh. Right.

He set me down and I scanned his face, trying not to sound too mean... yet:

-Don’t think this means I’m suddenly gonna warm up to you.

His expression immediately darkened.

-Goddammit, Lia, I mean, I’ve been here from basically the start. Yeah, sure, it wasn’t as... nice as I’d imagined but I think I made it up for it! Don’t you think I deserve a little more... recognition than that?

I giggled again, turned my back to him and started walking towards my house.

-B- W- Lia! What is this all about?

I turned around and continued walking, backwards, so I would still be facing him.

-You shouldn’t believe everything I say, you know.

I had said it softly, but just loud enough so he’d hear it. His face then made me burst into laughter. It was mean of me to lie to him, but he was so naive, so innocent. It’s like he couldn’t imagine that I was nowhere near perfect. I was a lying little bitch. A mean one, at that. And especially to him. Yet he couldn’t conceive it.

-So you lied? About what, exactly?

I shrugged my shoulders with a smile. His face got even more confused. God, this was so much fun! He was so easy to toy with. He nagged me all the way to my house and I just walked facing him with a smile stamped on my face, not saying a word, until we actually got to my house. I waited until I was just about to close the door to his face to let out a little:

-I might think more of you than I want to let on. Maybe.

I then slammed the door and started giggling. I thought he’d knock and try to pry it out of me but instead, I got a weird look from my mom as she passed by.

-Everything okay, honey?

-Perfectly fine, mom, I giggled, running up to my room.

I slammed the door and exhaled. I still had to tell her. Well, shit. That’d have to wait at least a little. I gave myself a week to tell her. Otherwise, I knew I’d wait till the last minute. And pregnancy isn’t something that’s hard to notice, really. How in hell was I supposed to deal with it? If she threw me out, I’d have no way of survival. She’d sentence me to death, or at least to have a motherfucking shitty life when teen pregnancy and dropping out of high school and not having a real job and all that jazz. Bearing that in mind, I went to bed, trying to figure out how to break it to my mom. Needless to say, I had horrible nightmares that night.

When I woke up the next morning, I knew I had to talk to Mikey. So I called him up and, as I thought, he rushed to the phone:

-Lia?

-We need to talk.

-Please tell me we’re not having twins, he tried to joke.

It was well played, considering the last time I used that phrase, I told him I was pregnant.

-Hell no, this is the last thing I need right now. Double trouble.

-Alright, be there in 5.

When he hung up, I realized what he’d said. “We.” My little loner self had become a “we.” How ironic, knowing how much I hated people. And soon enough, there’d be three of us. Jesus Christ.

-Lia?

The door creaked as Mikey pushed it open. I waved him in. He sat on the floor and looked at me, waiting for me to spill the beans.

-I don’t know for you, but I don’t exactly have a stable job or a regular income. This is why we’d need our moms’ support. Except they’d need to know... and my mom would probably throw me out. That is, after having violently tortured me.

-My mom knows about the bet.

My eyes widened.

-She’d help us. She knows how Gerard is, and how I react to him. She probably already guessed something is up. And I’m sure your mom wouldn’t throw you out if you’d explain the situation. It’s not like it’s your fault and you asked for it.

-No, it your idiot brother’s fault.

-I also have a role to assume in this.

-You were his puppet and he was carefully pulling your strings. It’s not the same. It all comes down to Gerard.

We sat there in silence for a few more minutes.

-Well, I’ll talk to your mom first. It should be easy once we get this step covered. I know what we’ll do.
Sign up to rate and review this story