Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Seventeen - Get Your Finger On The Trigger, Tap The Barrel Of The Gun

by Nightstars 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-05 - Updated: 2011-09-06 - 1018 words

1Insightful
Yay! Next chapter is now up! Thank you to everyone who has been reading this and who is taking the time to actually stay with me while I get these all written.

Chapter Seventeen - Get Your Finger On The Trigger, Tap The Barrel Of The Gun

Running.
His feet collided with the rough ground, quickly finding a foothold in the sand and propelling himself further. Blazing hazel eyes that seemed to move like flames whirled in his sockets, probing every inch of the desert in front of him.
He had to find her. Any sign of her was wisping in the air that he distilled when he passed. His eyes burned with unshed tears as he raced through the dunes.

"Guys, we gotta move!" Zany Dead said as she crouched behind a rock, her eyes glowing softly behind the shadow of the massive piece of earth. "NOW!"
Quickly she ducked, Screeching Cola beside her pulling the others down with them. Moonlit Suicide's hand fluttered to the handle of her sword for a moment, her eyes slipping shut as she took in a deep breath and pulled them open again. Zany Dead shot her a meaningfull glance and they exchanged a nod.
Vera Vanity resisted the urge to grab her leg, instead her face was an impasse as she stared from between the gap the two rocks made when they met. The light brown orbs glittering slightly, the smallest hint of emotion burried beneath the color that bordered on a bright hazel, as they whirled from one side to the other. Northern Lights leaned against the rock on her left, his head ducked low as he constantly moved his gaze from his brother to the girls crouched beside him. Cyanide Killer wrapped his hand around his brothers, sharing a quick glance as he pulled his raygun from its holster and took in a deep breath.
"Oh, shitty," Zany Dead breathed as she placed her head against the rock and thought for a second.
"We have to help them."
Her glowing eyes lifted from the dark grey of the stone and moved to the voice that had spoken. Screeching Cola was holding tightly to her bright orange raygun, the pink Hello Kitty peeking out from under her hand. Her other hand was resting on the black taser that hung on her belt. Moonlit Suicide, crouched behind Screech, was staring with blue eyes that would lighten and darken as she warred with herself. Slowly, she nodded, her eyes darkening to an almost black shade when she took a quick glance over the shadowed rock.
"Let's do this," Cyanide Killer muttered, his voice thick with anger and anticipation as he adjusted his grip on the black raygun in his hand, the bright yellow polka dots seeming to sparkle in the sun.
Northern Lights smiled sadly, almost looking like a grimace, as he pulled the orange raygun from his belt, the green stripes along the body and barrel seemingly moving to a dark shade of moss green.
There was the sound of metal moving against the air as Vera Vanity grabbed one of the knives from her boots and held the handle tightly in her hand. With a slow nod to herself her eyes pushed up from the ground and met each of theirs in turn. Then the corner of her mouth lifted up in a rare display of emotion.
"Now."
It was a whisper, barely audible over the sound of rayguns blasting noisibly, but they all heard it.
As a whole, as a single group, they moved, automatically flanking each other. Their eyes darted around the clearing and their rayguns quickly moved to the immediate dangers and halted them.
Then there was a blast.
They all jumped apart, Vera Vanity, Cyanide Killer, and Northern Lights leaped to one side while Zany Dead, Screeching Cola, and Moonlit Suicide were thrown to the other.
Vera Vanity was on her feet, her eyes scanning across the land searching for it. Searching for the small hint...There, there it was.
"Stop!" She cried out just as Zany Dead was about to take a step forward. "They put land mines!" Her eyes returned to the ground, scanning it was eyes that spotted every nick in the dirt. "Look." Her finger stretched towards a small loop in the ground, motioning at a nearly invisible wire. "Watch out for the wires, if you accidentally trip one of them then the ground will give."
Moonlit Suicide, still laying on the ground, surveyed the wire, watching the way the light glittered along it for a moment, then she moved. Pulling her feet up to her chest she quickly pushed herself to the balls of her feet. Her lips moved soundlessly as she watched for a pattern along the wires. Then it struck her.
"Every twelve inches...." Her eyes sparkled as she grabbed the others attention. "The wires are set in squares a foot wide and a foot long. If we step directly between them then we won't trip any of the mines."
As soon as they jumped past the last trip wire a collective sigh was breathed, until the relief was ended.
Another blast, not as loud but just as heart-pumping as the first, sounded. Immediately they were in motion. Vera Vanity, Cyanide Killer, and Northern Lights dashed off to one side, rushing after a group of Draculoids that trailed after ab ebony-haired man.
Screeching Cola was quick to spot Kobra Kid running towards another group of Draculoids and followed after, her legs pumping against the uneven ground and already taking down some of the Draculoids.
Moonlit Suicide paused, her hand still coiled around the sword handle and her breaths stopped. She had heard it...she knew she had..
"GRACE!"
There it was again.....
"Zany!" Her voice was breathless but loud as she grabbed Zany Dead's hand and dragged her over one of the dunes. "I know where Missile Kid is at!"


(A/N: I KNOW! I'm EVIL STILL! But it'll be worth it! Hehe, I'm so happy for this cliff-hanger! Next chapter will be written soon! Maybe by Wednesday!)
Sign up to rate and review this story