Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

Chapter 19: Tears and Lies

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Ray asks Frank to his house to find out what's up with Grace, but will she tell him?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-12 - Updated: 2011-09-12 - 565 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Erm.... I don't know sorry." I stutter, not knowing what to say. Grace obviously hadn't told him what had happened, but what if he figured it out?
" Well, I'd better get back to her. Can you come round later? I'm so confused. See you at eight okay?" He hangs up, and I stand there with the phone pressed against my ear so hard it begins to hurt.

I drag myself down to Ray's at eight, thinking up excuses, bracing myself for total, utter rejection. I knock on the door, my hands hidden in the sleeves of my hoodie. Ray's mum answers it, smiling down at me. " Oh hello Frank honey, Ray's upstairs." She looks worried, not surprising really when only about three hours before she must have opened the door to a very tearful Grace. "Thanks," I mumble as I start to head up the stairs, pushing open Ray's bedroom door. "Hey." I say quietly, my heart beginning to beat really fast. As I slip inside and see who's there, I nearly turn and run straight back out again, back down the stairs and down the street. But my legs refuse to move. Grace and Ray are sat together on the floor under the window. Grace's face is tear stained and red, her big eyes wet and shiny. She doesn't look at me as I enter, she simply shuffles closer into Ray. "Oh hi Frank." Ray says distractedly, he arm around Grace. He turns to her now, speaking softly, "Are you going to tell me what's happened? You do know neither me or Frank will ever tell anyone, right?" He gently brushed a strand of her hair out of her face, as she reached up to wipe her eyes. "Well...I..." She starts to say, and my legs go weak for the hundredth time. "The reason I'm so upset is because....well....it sounds so stupid but....my mum and dad had this awful argument and my mum walked out and then I just didn't know what to do so I came here..." I sat there astonished. I could tell she was lying, the bridge of her nose was pink, but Ray was believing everything. My heart slowed a little, glad that she'd not told Ray about...that. I keep my mouth shut.
"Oh Grace I'm so sorry..." Ray looks so concerned as he wraps his arms around her skinny frame, holding her close. She begins to cry again, her sobs muffled against his shirt. I feel terrible. I want to be the one she's clinging to, the one to wipe away her tears. The fact that I'm the one who caused them makes me want to rip out my own heart.
"Whatever the problem, just know that I'm here okay?" He says, his fingers under her chin, tilting her face towards his. She nods a tiny nod, one last tear dripping off her cheek. He kisses her softly on the lips. I have to look away, the whole thing is becoming too much for me. "I have to go...sorry." They don't reply. They only need eachother right now, they're one. And I'm nothing at all.

I call goodbye to Ray's mum and see myself out, feeling my stomach squeezing, foul bile rising in my throat. I have to stop halfway down the road and vomit into a gutter. Jesus, what's happened to me?
Sign up to rate and review this story