Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Slip Into The Tragedy

7

by Burnie 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Mikey Way,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-09-17 - Updated: 2011-09-18 - 1519 words

0Unrated
It would take about two days to get from Zone 6 to Zone 9. Just in case, Jet and I packed extra ammo, and Show Pony would be with us, but of course, he was mainly a look out.
Jet started up our old Camero after we loaded up everything we needed. In time to starting the car, Show Pony transformed into his swallow form, and was flying around, ready to go.
This would be a long ride.
PoV
Gerard and I continued walking, even though we were moving less and less each day. It had been four days since we took down that monster, and so far, we only had gone down the road two miles, at the most. But something was different about today; it was as if something really good was going to happen.
I was still exhausted, malnourished, and overall, weak. But I continued to keep walking. This sensation had me going insane, I had to know what it could be. Whatever the thing could possibly be, I didn’t know, but it was defiantly something good.
Gerard kept on getting distracted, so it seemed by the way he was looking around, his nose twitching in every gust of hot wind coming our way. I wonder if he was trying to find something to drink, being a vampire, and all. But then the strangest, and most obvious, thought came to my mind.
“Gee,” He glanced at me for a second, and then continued looking around, “if you’re a vampire, and I’m, God knows what, why don’t you want to drink my blood?” I said this all quite calmly, which, by the look on his face, surprised him. He scratched his head.
“I don’t know; maybe because you aren’t human, vampires only drink human blood, right?” He responded.
“Well, those monster things you killed didn’t look to human.” I said, expecting an explanation. He sighed.
“Trust me, when I was drinking it, it tasted pretty human.” He said. I held back my look of disgust.
Suddenly he was in the middle of a field, way off the road. In the moment I noticed he left my side, he was looking around in bushes manically. I stopped, and simply turned to face him with the purest look of confusion on my face. Then sighed, and made my way over to him.
“What are you doing?” I said when I got there. He looked up at me with wide eyes, and then continued his search. “It was here” He said, “Damn, it was right here!” He looked all around us, in a hopeless, frustrated way.
“So… what was here?” I asked him, breaking the momentarily awkward silence.
“I don’t know,” He said simply. Seeing the expression on my face he elaborated. “I really don’t know what it is, but it’s… it’s not good.”
I stared at him. So he was getting strange feelings too, but opposite from me, his feelings were bad. Mine felt good, like this thing would save us in some way. But what I was feeling wasn’t around here; it was still way down the road.
“What do you mean not good?” I asked him. He was reluctant to answer at first, but then faced me, looking right into my eyes. “It’s different then the monsters, I know that, but more human, and I feel as if… it wants us, especially. Like we are the most important thing in this desert, whatever it is though, it was right here…”
I gulped, trying to keep as calm as I could when receiving news such as this. Then what in hell was I sensing? It was much different, that’s for sure.
“Gerard… I’ve been getting strange feelings too… but, they’re much different from yours.” I told him, and he listened attentively and concerned. “I feel as if something down the road will be able to help us, save us even, for the time being. It’s… completely opposite from what you’re feeling-“
He took my wrist, and started heading back to the road. “Whatever I am feeling… we should stay away from it.” He told me when we reached the road.
“So that’s our new plan, head towards my feeling and away from yours?” I asked as he let go of my wrist. He nodded in response, looking hungrily ahead of us, and quickening his pace. I tried my best to keep up with him.
*
What I was sensing really was the most precious thing we could find out here. We walked what felt like at least four hours, and finally came across what I was feeling.
It was absolutely beautiful. Although a little dirty, she looked surprisingly unharmed. Nothing was damaged on the outside so to see, and as Gerard and I walked closer to her, the more useful she was looking.
“It’s a Trans Am,” Gerard said quietly, while running his hands along the hood, then looking up at me. “Is this what you were looking for?” He asked me.
I looked down at the Trans Am, taking in every texture I could find. She was in really good shape, not a dent or scratch in sight, and although the paint was completely faded, and she was a dull grey colour, she was stunning.
I nodded, “Yes, this is it.” I said. He rubbed some dust off of the window and peered in, squinting his eyes due to the harsh light. He then jiggled with the door handle, trying to pry it open while it was difficult, creating a sound similar to nails on a chalkboard. When the tight fit was evaded, the door swung open easily.
Gerard stuck his upper body in the door slowly, as if something would fly out of it. I could hear him dusting off some more things, like the seats, and the dash. He came back out with an armful of stuff that he must have found inside the car, and then he placed them on the ground.
“Look at these old sunglasses…” He said, holding up an old, but fairly unharmed pair of sunglasses. He put them on his face, and then continued to search through his pile of, mainly, junk. He found some old pieces of cloth, an old helmet, a boot, and… a white gun. I sat down next to him as he held up the gun to examine it.
“We can use this,” He said, running his dirt covered fingers along the smooth, clean surface. “And that helmet, you take it.” He handed me the old helmet, and I took it without a word. The outside was all brown and worn, almost like the Trans Am itself. The inside was cushiony, even though it was worn out. But the visor that was attached to it was almost purely unharmed, just like the sunglasses. I ran my fingers along it, leaving a small trail of dust that I carefully wiped off.
Gerard went into the car completely, and settled down in the back seat. I came in after him, looking around at the inside. Personally, it looked like any regular old car, but a strange aura around it made it feel almost new, and ready to be used again. A good thing for us, I suppose. Being the only living creature in miles of this desert, it seemed that this lovely Trans Am was ours.
“At least we won’t be sleeping on dirt tonight, right?” I smiled, feeling exhausted, as I curled up in the passenger seat, watching the desert sun go down, and preparing for another cold night. I looked back at Gerard, who was sitting in the seat behind me, watching the sunset. He closed his eyes a little while after, even though he didn’t have to sleep.
*
I was woken up later, when it was completely dark, by Gerard, who was roughly shaking me awake.
“Mikey, c’mon, we have to go.” He said. I looked at his calm, but worried, face, and without a word I slipped over to the driver’s seat, looking at the ignition. There were no keys in it, but I could tell they were still there. Through the darkness, I felt around on the ground, trying to ignore the small grains of sand and other strange objects.
My hands found a small, cold surface. I picked up the keys quickly, and tested them for the one to the car. When I found it, I jammed it in, and thankfully, the car started right away, as if brand new. Gerard hopped into the passenger seat, and commanded that I drive fast. Without objecting, I listened to him, and drove down Route Guano in our regular direction.
“So,” I said to Gerard, “what did you feel?” He was looking behind us, then out the side window, until he faced me. I tried to make eye contact with him while keeping my eyes on the road, but it was hard to concentrate on driving with what he said next.
“It followed us.”
Sign up to rate and review this story