Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Angelic Romance....My Angel Drop Out

Kiss and Make Up

by SimplexMinded 2 reviews

Not all angels are perfect. There is always that one reject that comes back and saves the day

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-09-22 - Updated: 2011-09-23 - 1701 words - Complete

0Unrated
2 days had passed since Gerard went off on Frank. He mostly stayed in his room, only coming out to get food and check on Frank. They never spoke during those times and sometimes they didn’t even look each other in the face.

Frank sat up, his arms wrapped around his waist as he heard Gerard move about in the kitchen. He could walk around more and his body was healing fairly nicely. There were still deep bruises but most of the cuts had been closed up and were now scabbing over. He decided he was tired of the silence and was going to talk to Gerard. He stood up and walked into the kitchen, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes followed Gerard around the room until he was facing him. When Gerard saw him, he stopped to stare at Frank.

Frank held his gaze for a moment before speaking. “What’s your deal?”

Gerard’s face kept his blank stare. Frank had come to know he was good at that. “So now I have a deal?”

Frank sighed “If you want me to leave……” Suddenly all his courage was gone under Gerard’s blank stare.

Gerard sighed “I’m sorry.” He tossed his hands to the side in whatever motion before walking over to the table and sitting down. “Look…..I’m not good with people ok?”

Frank frowned and sat next to Gerard, looking at him. “I don’t get it. You save me from death then……flip shit when I try and help out. Why?”

Gerard placed his head in his hands, his voice no more then a whisper. “I’m not allowed to leave someone to die unless they deserve it…..”

“What do you mean….not allowed? What are you like an angel?” Frank laughed at the last part, clearly joking.

Gerard’s body tensed up a little before relaxing. He knew Frank had no idea he was right but that still didn’t stop him from having a momentary freak out. He decided to play along with Frank, laughing with him. “Some angel. Save someone then be a complete jack ass for 2 days.”

Frank giggled slapping Gerard’s arm “Oh come on….Not all angels are perfect. There is always that one reject that comes back and saves the day!”

Gerard’s smile faded into a half frown. “Yeah, that one reject.”


Mikey walked down the street wrapped in a thin black jacket and skinny jeans. It had been a while since he had to hide his wings and he felt naked without them. His body shivered from the cold and he walked faster, not really sure where he was going. He had a general idea as to where Gerard lived but he knew that Gerard wouldn’t make it easy to find. His mind wandered to when they were kids, before all this guardian crap happened. His lips tugged into a smile at the memories. Gerard was always so protective of him. He never let Mikey do anything on his own and he couldn’t stand it. It would drive Mikey insane back then but now he really missed it. Thunder crashed above his head making him look up at the sky. He knew the Gate Keepers would be watching him incase he decided to ‘stray’ like his brother did. That’s why they sent him to do this. It was a test of faith. Would Mikey put the Union before his brother? He didn’t really know……but what choice did he have? The Union didn’t leave one much choice in things.

Gerard’s words were suddenly ringing in his head “A choice! You gave me an end! Not a choice!”

Thunder crashed again as the rain began to follow. He closed his eyes, half tempted to stop and just stand in the rain but he knew that others would stare at him. On a normal basis he wouldn’t care but today, this week, he needed to stay out of sight and out of mind. His feet moved faster as the rain begun to fall harder, soaking him to the bone completely. He took shelter in a small coffee shop, his eyes trying to find a place to sit. Mikey chuckled to himself as he thought about how cliché’ running into a coffee shop to get out of the rain was. It was even more cliché’ that he found the corner booth and sat down to stare out the window. He half expected to have his true love walk in and sit down next to him. As he was thinking this, a waitress walked over and smiled at him.

“Hello, can I get you anything?” She smiled, her voice full of fake happiness. It would see real to the untrained ear but Mikey knew how to tell real verses fake happiness.

He smiled back, “Coffee?”

She nodded “Sure.”

Her eyes sparkled flirtatiously as her hair swirled around when she turned on her heal, her ass held firm in her tight jeans. Mikey felt sorry for her. She felt as if she had to use her body to get noticed when she had such a beautiful smile. His eyes wandered back to the window as he wondered how in the hell he was going to find Gerard’s house. He had found Gerard the first time because he was standing on a roof in the middle of the city. Now that Gerard knew the Union was watching, he wouldn’t be so careless to stand out in the open. The waitress set Mikey’s coffee in front if him, her fake smile turned to a real one when she saw his face. He could tell by her reaction she thought he was cute.

“Can I get anything else for you?” She placed her order book over her chest as she slightly twirled back and forth.

“No thanks.” He shook his head politely.

Her smile faltered but never failed “Oh. My name’s Amy if you need anything just gimme a call.” With that, she turned on her heal again an walked away back into the kitchen.

Mikey stared into his coffee, taking in the smell. The Union said it was an addictive substance that should be abolished, comparing it to drugs. Mikey agreed with them about it being addictive however his heart wrenched at the thought of it being abolished. He knew he couldn’t go out in the rain; it would do him no good being as he had no idea where to find his brother so he decided to stay in the coffee shop until it let up.






Gerard and Frank finished their breakfast and Gerard placed the dishes in the sink. He turned on the water, letting it run for a second while it turned around to face Frank. His hands were backwards leaning on the counter, his back resting on the edge.

“I’m sorry for snapping at you about the dishes. I really do appreciate you doing them.” His eyes locked with Frank’s before looking down at the floor. He heard Frank get up and stand in front of him.

“What happened?” Frank asked trying to get more information about the man whom he was standing in front of. Over the past few days, he had come to realize that he knew nothing about Gerard.

“I had a fight with my brother.”

Frank tilted his head “What about? You wana talk about it?”

Gerard tensed. There was no way he could tell Frank what the argument was about without giving away everything. He didn’t want to shut Frank out but at the same time, he couldn’t let him in. He sighed “Home. The past….”

“Things change.” Frank said, not really to Gerard. He was talking more to himself.

Gerard nodded his head “They do…..”

Frank leaned against the counter, facing Gerard. “So….whats his name? Your brother I mean.”

“Mikey.”

“Does he want you to come home or something?” Frank couldn’t help the questions he was asking.

Gerard shook his head “No….Look, it’s a long story I’d rather not share ok?”

Frank nodded “yeah….sorry. Dad always said I asked to many questions……”

Gerard took Frank’s face in his hands to make him look at him. “There is nothing wrong with wanting to know something.”

Frank smiled “Yeah…I know. I’m just so used to….”

“Its over Frank. You don’t have to be used to it anymore. You don’t have to go back.”

Frank’s eyes widened. “What do you mean Gerard? Where do you expect me to go?”

“You stay here. Its been along time since I had company and….its kinda nice. I’ve been thinking about it for a while and yes. I’m sure.”

Frank didn’t know what to say to Gerard. No one had ever so much as held the door for him, let alone let them live in their house. He shook his head, not sure how to take in this new information. “I don’t know Gerard…..”

“Frank please…..I’m not forcing you but…..” Gerard trailed off, afraid to know what would happen if Frank went back home. It had been 2 days and there wasn’t any sign that his parents were looking for him. When Frank started to speak, Gerard silenced him by pulling him into an unexpected hug.

Frank nodded, burring his head in Gerard’s neck, wrapping his arms around his waist. “Ok….I’ll stay.”

Gerard pulled back, smiling. “Good….now we can get you some new clothes.”

Gerard had always been a girl like that. He loved to shop. Frank giggled at Gerard’s new found excitement. He knew better then to argue with Gerard about the money, it wouldn’t get anywhere. “Ok. Where to?”

Gerard put his hand on his chin like he was thinking. “Well…..Lets go to this underground place first. You need punk clothes….you’d look hot in some ripped jeans and tight black shirt.”
With that, Frank and Gerard were off to find a new wardrobe for Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story