Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 'Another cog in the murder machine.'

musically talented, much?

by headintheclouds 2 reviews

someone shows their true musical colours to their family.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-02 - Updated: 2011-10-02 - 802 words

1Original
I walked into the room to find lily strumming softly on one of franks old guitars and cherry singing softly on the piano. Their heads snapped up as I walked in, they both stopped playing.

‘Carry on! That was really good, maybe a bit louder?’ I sat on the floor and closed my eyes.

‘But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold...’

Cherry’s soft voice filled the room; she played piano like a true natural. Her sister, plucking expertly on the strings, both in perfect unison.

‘Oh shit.’ cherry whispered angrily as she missed a key. ‘I can’t do them both at the same time.’

‘Wait, how do I know this song?’ I though aloud.

‘Demolition lovers, bullets, 2002.’ Lily said almost immediately, our extensive album knowledge combined could fill a book.

‘How could I forget?’ I sung the words to myself under my breath, lily picked the guitar up and played along with me, shortly followed by cherry on piano, I sung louder to compete with the instruments.

On the last note, there was clapping from outside the door. I swung round to see my dad, frank and uncle Mikey starring, in awe at us.

‘Just, wow.’ Said Mikey. ‘Anyone would think you guys were already a band! That was amazing.’ I beamed at my dad, who looked immensely proud.

‘Looks like our girls are growing up to be just like us!’ frank grinned, looking from lily to cherry. ‘I wonder...Mikey, throw me that bass!’

Uncle Mikey chucked my mom’s bass to frank, who passed it to me while Mikey pulled out him own.

‘Erm, play me the chorus of I’m not okay. Go.’ I looked at him in horror, id only ever messed about with the bass, id never been taught chords or anything. ‘Just play what you feel, it doesn’t matter if it’s wrong, just mess around with the sound.’

All eyes were on me, I played a chord I remembered vaguely, then another, and another. They weren’t right. I swapped them, adding in whatever came to my head, restarting every time I decided one need to be moved until finally...

‘YES!’ I squealed, jumping up off the chair, only just grabbing the falling bass in time. I looked over at my dad, and then at the clock, it’d taken me a whole 40 minutes to play a 30 second piece of music. I sat on the chair grumpily.

‘She’s a natural, and you know it.’ Uncle Mikey said to my dad, I looked up at him through my fringe; they were all smiling at me.

‘You can sing like an angel and play bass, it’s almost unfair.’ He laughed and I threw my arms around his neck.

‘Now, go show your mom, she’ll be ecstatic.’ I grabbed the bass off the floor and ran down the stairs into the kitchen. My mom, Jamia and Alicia were sat round the table, I burst through the door, practically bouncing on the spot like an over excited child.

‘Mom! Mom! Listen!’ I sat on the floor and played what I had just played upstairs, I stuck my tongue out a little, concentrating all I could. I finished and looked up at them expectantly.

All three women were grinning happily; I felt pride rush through me.

‘Someone’s gunna have to start hiding their bass and amp.’ Alicia giggled.

‘Better find a good hiding place then, because I’ll be sending her over to her uncle’s to practice!’ my mom winked at Alicia.

‘What do you mean?’ I was so confused. They seemed to ignore me and carry on with their conversation, urgh grownups.

‘With a talent like that, I’m surprised you hadn’t found it sooner!’ Jamia said to mom.

'she’s never really had an interest in my bass, always been into her art,’ she turned to me, her face glowing with pride, ‘any other secret talents you’ve been hiding from us?’

I nodded, sitting back on the floor and positioning the bass. I heard footsteps behind me, my dad went and sat down next to mom, they exchanged happy glances.

‘Sing for your mom, bandit.’ I smiled, filled my lungs with air, and belted out demolition lovers, tapping my fingers on the bass to the beat.

I sat, beaming at my little audience, pride welling up inside of me. After all these years, my mom and dad had heard me sing, and heard me play and I was actually pretty good.

R+R please guys:3
Sign up to rate and review this story