Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We'll Love Again, We'll Laugh Again, We'll Cry Again, and We'll Dance Again

And These Words Changing Nothing as Your Body Remains.

by IloveMCRmy 2 reviews

It's Frank's birthday, but he's not the only who gets a surprise. R&R!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-03 - Updated: 2011-10-04 - 2486 words

2Original
A/N: Heey everyone that is still reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really enjoy writing this story and I wish more people would read it, but you all are just perfect too! But thanks for keeping up with it! And pretty please R&R I LOVE YOU ALL! I am really excited for this chapter, I really had fun writing it!

Chapter 7: And These Words Changing Nothing as Your Body Remains.
Paige’s POV:

“PAAIIIIIIIIIIGE!!” I was awoken with Lindsay yelling in my ear.

“Uh what the fuck.” I groaned and rolled over, expecting to just roll to the other side of my bed… I hit the floor.

“Fuck! That’s the eighth time that’s happened this month.” I complained as I forced myself off the floor.

“Well at least you are awake now.” Lindsay laughed at me. She didn’t laugh at me face planting on the floor because she was pretty much used to me falling everywhere and didn’t find it amusing anymore.

“Yeah that’s true. But just because I am curious. Why are you here at 10 am screaming in my ear?” I asked as I walked over to my closet to find something to wear.

“Well we have to get ready for Frank’s party tonight and just hang out since we haven’t hung out in awhile.” she smiled, excited for the day that was ahead of us.

“Oh yeah Frank’s party. Oh and I was wondering…” I trailed off as I looked at my blue floral printed skirt, wondering if I should finish my sentence.

“Yeah?” Lindsay question after a minute or so.

“Well do you think it would be cool if I brought Jared? I just feel like everyone should know now. I feel guilty keeping it from them. What do you think of this skirt?” I side tracked

“Well I mean I think it’d be cool. I mean if he makes you happy, everyone else should be happy for you, and its cute.” she smiled. Lindsay always knew how to make me feel better.

“Yeah. You’re right.” I echoed as I went into my bathroom to change.

“About what? The skirt or the boy?” Lindsay asked from the other side of the door.

“Both!” I laughed.

“As usual. But we have so much we have to do, so hurry up!” she echoed again.

“All right, I’ll tell Jared I’ll pick him up later.” I was so excited for tonight. I was really hoping nothing would spoil it.

Later that Night.

Gerard’s POV:

“Okay you’re just gonna have to lay low until Frankie gets there. Everyone needs to freak out at once.” Mikey laughed as we climbed into my car.

“Aren’t they gonna ask you about my car?” I asked nervously, I was a bit paranoid too. I just didn’t know how they were all going to react to seeing me.

I was especially worried about Paige. I wasn’t sure whether she would be happy to see me or just flat out angry. I mean I did just up and leave her and make her believe that I was dead. I wouldn’t blame her if she was angry, but I’d rather she’d not be. Either way I was going to be happy to see her. I have missed her so much.
“I don’t think anyone is going to ask about it, but if they do I’ll just say mine is having trouble. Just relax, everything is going to fine.” Mikey smiled warmly. It put a little bit at ease.

We pulled up to Frank’s house, when we walked in we were the only ones there. Mikey called Lindsay and told him he would go early and set up. Just so Linds wouldn’t have to run around all day, and because he had to hide me. I looked around Frank’s empty house; his parents were always away on some kind of business, kinda like Bob’s. I took a deep breath and just looked at all my surroundings it had been forever since I had been in my best friend’s house and it still felt completely normal. The downstairs walls were this deep burgundy color and had framed pictures of Frank’s parent’s favorite bands. They were huge music fans just like Frank. I can honestly say I didn’t know any other family that loved music so much. I always came to Frank’s to talk about a new album or an old album I had rediscovered my love for. I missed that a lot too.

“Okay so you’ll need to go up into Frank’s room when Lindsay tells me she is on her way. Then I will get you a couple minutes after Frank gets here. Sound good?” Mikey said as he grabbed a case of beer out of the fridge.

“Yeah good. But I am gonna need one of or maybe three of these.” I chuckled half heartedly as I grabbed three beers and trudged up the stairs.

I pushed open the door open to Frank’s room and sat the beers down on his nightstand. I felt so many emotions rise up in my gut. It felt so weird being in Frank’s room with out Frank. I wasn’t sure what to think at this point. I just kept saying to myself “Its Frank Gerard. He’ll be so happy to see you.” I didn’t even wanna think about Paige, even though no matter how hard I tried she still was lurking in the dark corners of my mind, trying to creep her way into my main stream of thoughts. I grabbed one of the beers from the nightstand, laid down on Frank’s bed, and just drank and waited.

Paige’s POV:

Today had been good so far. Lindsay and I had gone to Frank’s and set the party up; everyone was supposed to get there at 8. It was a little strange though because Mikey seemed a little jumpy, and he wouldn’t let us go upstairs at all. But oh well. Lindsay and I were on our way to get Frank, and Jared would be showing up later at the party. Things were going really well with us and I was really excited for everyone to meet him. I really feel like things were going to work out with Jared, especially since I told him everything about Rebecca and how Gerard had faked his own death, and he was still here.

“Okay so when Frank gets in the car don’t blow it Paige.” Lindsay glared at me.

“What! I never blow anything!” I said defensively.

“Oh really? What about the time you told Frank I got him a puppy for Christmas and it was supposed to be a surprise.” She said shifting the car into park, as she texted Frank that she was outside.

“Trust me its going to be fine. I’ve got it all under control.” I said to her in the most reassuring tone I could muster up.

“Oh jeez that worries me. Now shut up here he comes.” she laughed, and then got nervous.

I got out of the front seat and opened the door and got out to let Frank in the front seat.

“Hey Frank! HAPPY BIRTHDAY” I screamed a bit over zealous and wrapped him into a huge hug.

“Thanks.” he laughed. “But what exactly are we doing?” he asked.

“Oh it’s a bit of a surprise.” I raised my eyebrows at him. Then Lindsay quickly stopped me before I could speak any further.

“Babe, you know how she is. But come on, I promise you’ll love it.” she smiled, and Frank climbed into the front as I got in the back.

“But before we leave I need you to do one thing.” Lindsay said calmly.

“What would that be my wonderful girlfriend?” Frank asked.

“Put this blind fold on.” Lindsay said abruptly as she pulled out a pitch black blindfold from her glove box.

“Uhh…”

“Just do it Frank!” I said excitedly from the back.

“Okay, but you better not abandon me somewhere.” he said hesitantly.

“Shut up Frank.” I chuckled.

The drive to Frank’s house had me a little nervous. I honestly didn’t know what was going to happen when I brought Jared in. I had also been walking on eggshells with myself all week because I kept thinking I would see Gerard around town. I knew he was coming back I just didn’t know when or where I would see him, and quite frankly, that scared the shit out of me.

We pulled up to Frank’s and I felt my stomach drop. Lindsay and I got out of the car and led Frank up to his front door.

“All right baby, you ready?” Lindsay asked she could barely hide the anticipation in her voice.

“Yeah! At least I hope so.” Frank said confused as to how he should feel.

I reached down and opened the door, as Lindsay removed the blind fold from Frank’s eyes.

“Why are we at my house?” Frank asked puzzled.

“1, 2, 3, SURPRISE!”

“Holy shit you guys this is fucking awesome!” Frank was gleaming, and it was awesome to see everyone else truly smiling for the first time in a long time.

“Happy birthday man.” Mikey walked up and hugged him, and then Bob and Ray followed.

I was just about to go attack Frank with another hug when I heard a knock at the door.

I went to open it and smiled immediately. “AH Jared! You came.” I smiled as I hugged him, and then pecked him on the lips.

“Wouldn’t miss it. I am just glad I finally get to meet your friends.” He smiled graciously, and glided his arm around my waist as I led him through the house filled with people.

“Mikey, Ray, Bob, Linds, Frank. I have someone I want you all to meet.” My voice shaking still nervous from the anticipation of the reactions I was going to get. I saw Lindsay’s face and I knew she knew what was coming.

“Everyone this is Jared, and he is my…my…he’s my boyfriend.” I finally muttered out.

I looked around at all the mixed expressions, and just waited to speak, and I grasped Jared’s hand as he was just standing there awkwardly.

“Well I think its great!” Lindsay said finally breaking the ice.

“Yeah me too!” Mikey piped in, even though I know he didn’t mean it. Just because he still wanted me with Gee.

“Yeah good for you, he does look like Gerard a little though.” Ray said examining his facial features.

“Awesome.” Bob nodded.

Then I looked at Frank. Frank worried me the most. Because he was Gee’s best friend. He looked over Jared a couple times, then at me, and then at our interlaced fingers.

“Well I can’t say it’s what I want, but if you’re happy, then good for you Paige.” Frank smiled empathetically, and then turned away. “NOW LETS PARTY.” Frank yelled at the top of his lungs.

“Wait!” Mikey screamed out. “There is one more surprise I have for you.” Mikey grinned widely.


Gerard’s POV:

I heard everybody scream from downstairs. I wish I could be down there with all of my friends, wishing my best friend happy birthday. I felt sadness creep into my heart, I hated that I had given everything up, because I convinced myself that I didn’t have a choice. But I did have a choice. I could have stayed here, gotten stronger and taken care of this problem before it had gotten to where it was now. But instead I was a coward, and I ran away thinking that it would all just go away. I was a fucking idiot. I had finished all three beers that I had brought to calm my nerves, and they didn’t help one bit.

I paced around the room hearing the activity beneath me wondering what was going to happen next. Seconds later I heard the door jiggle, and it swung open to reveal Mikey.

“All right. Its your big moment… You can finally come out of the closet Gerard.” he laughed, and I could tell he was obviously a bit tipsy.

“Shut the fuck up Mikes and get serious.” I punched him in the arm. I wasn’t in the mood for his jokes right now.

“Okay jeez, just trying to easy the tension.” he whined. “But come one lets go. Stay behind me.” he directed.

“Frank Anthony Iero. I couldn’t think of a better gift to give you than this. For your 19th birthday I have given you the one, the only, GERARD ARTHUR WAY!” Mikey’s voice rocketed from the top of the stairs and he moved from in front of me to the side.

I was frozen at the top of Frank’s stairs, and everyone in the room was quiet. I was looking around the room for Paige when I spotted her. She was holding hands with some guy that looked strangely like me. I figured that was her new boyfriend. I felt my heart shatter all over again and I held back tears, before I could turn my head Frank had tackled me to the ground.

“GERARD! I’VE MISSED YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!” he yelled in my year, the stench of alcohol lingered in his breath. But it felt nice to be home again.

“I’ve missed you too Frank its been so fucking long. Now get the fuck off me!” I pushed him off, not being able to help but laugh…

“Come on my man, lets rage. We have a lot to drink.” Frank grinned that boyish smiled at me.

“In a second I gotta do something first.” I said plainly just staring at Paige the whole time.

“What are you---” he then realized what I was talking about. “Oh, I get it. I’ll be going to mingle now.” Frank smiled and skipped away.

I ran down the stairs, and pushed the crowd of people. Until I saw her, I hadn’t seen her up so close in months and I had forgotten how beautiful she was. She was smiling with this new Jared character and it reminded me of the luminous smile she used to have around me. My heart hurt again. I needed to pull her away and tell her, explain. How much I missed her when I was away. How much I needed her. How much I loved her. I grabbed her hand and yanked her into the strangely roomy coat closet.

“What the fuck!” she screamed as I yanked the light on.

“Hey.” I said somberly.
Sign up to rate and review this story