Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

Chapter 24: Meeting

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Frank texts Grace and Ray, desperate to sort this mess out.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-04 - Updated: 2011-10-04 - 921 words - Complete

0Unrated
I don't even try to do my work throughout the lesson, I'll just be repeating it on Tuesday anyway. Sir glares at me from across the room, and I glare back. The bell finally rings and I ram my books and file in my bag and make to leave, but I'm called back by Mr Owen.
"Frank, can I please speak to you for a minute?"
"Sir I'll be late for my next lesson..."
"Well it wouldn't be the first time would it?" He raises his eyebrows at me and I sigh and trudge over to his desk.
"Now, I know you're probably tired and that biology isn't easy for you, but you don't need to have this kind of attitude. I'm sorry I had to give you a detention, but you can't just come walking into my lesson late without a seriously good excuse."
"I'm sorry sir."
" I know you're not a bad kind Frank. Don't slip up and land yourself in trouble okay?"
I nod, suddenly feeling really guilty. " Good, I'll see you at four o'clock on Tuesday, I'll only keep you about half an hour."
"Thank you sir" I mumble and head to French. Luckily I'm not late this time and I manage to get through the lesson. Grace doesn't look at me, and I don't look at her. We go our separate ways home at the end of school.
I take out my phone as the bus drives past me and quickly type a message:
Meet me at the park, need to talk
Frank :P
I send it to Ray and Grace, then head there. They'll be here in about half an hour.

The sky’s beginning to turn pink already, and the wind’s started picking up. I sit hunched in the corner of the turret, waiting for Grace and Ray to arrive. Ray turns up first, dragging his feet and his shoulders drooping.
“Hey man…” He mumbles as he practically falls down beside me. “So, what did you want to talk to me about? Sorry about being such an ass before on the phone I…”
I interrupt him, “ It’s fine you have every right to be pissed at me. I’ll tell you in a minute, I’m just waiting for someone else to arrive” I see a glimmer of realisation flick across Ray’s eye and he frowns, getting to his feet.
“oh, no Frank. You’re not doing this. You are totally not doing this to me…” he begins to climb down the wooden ladder to the concrete below. I scramble after him, half crawling, half shuffling and try to grab his t shirt, “ Hey! Wait Ray! Please just get back here and wait five minutes!”
He’s already on the ground and beginning to walk back the way he came, “Forget it Frank! I’m not doing this, with you or with…” he reaches the little yellow gate and stops. I look over the wooden “walls” of the climbing castle to where he is. Stood in front of him, her hand on the gate, was Grace.
I see her jolt slightly, and Ray’s back straightens. They’re both silent and rooted to the spot. I decide now isn’t the best time to say anything.
I can just about hear what they are saying, so I crouch out of sight and listen.
“…oh. Hi Ray….I got…”
“Yeah, a text off Frank. I got one too. I guess he set this whole thing up.”
“…yeah, I guess he did…” Grace shifts from foot to foot, swiping away a hair in front of her face. “ So….I guess I’m gonna go then…”
No, no, no, no, no, no….
She starts to back away, nearly tripping over her boots. She regains her balance and nearly runs towards the park gates. This wasn’t going at all how I planned it.
“Wait!” Grace stops walking and slowly turns around. I see a faint glimmer of hope flash across her eyes as she looks back at Ray.
“Yeah?”
Ray ducks his head, “I…I guess I’m sorry. I was a total ass to you about the whole thing. I never wanted it to end. I never wanted us to end…” his voice get quieter and quieter with each word.
There’s a long silence, Grace’s face turning pink. I can’t see Ray’s behind his mass of hair, but I’ve a pretty good guess that his is the same. Slowly, she walks back to the gate, pushes it open and closes it softly behind her.
“I’m sorry too. I should never have done what I did. I didn’t even think, I just did it. I’ve been kicking myself ever since. I just wanted Frank to be happy. I never wanted….us to end either…” The wind’s blowing her hair across her face, the low sun making her squinting eyes sparkle. The pink light tinting her light brown hair and skin a pretty peach colour. Slowly, they both take a tiny step forward and then Ray gently puts his arms around Grace. My heart relaxes for the first time in ages. Grace’s hands lock together behind his back, holding on for all she’s worth, her knuckles going even paler than they already were. I breathe out a deep sigh of relief. I finally felt satisfied. It still hurt a little to see them together, but it felt awesome that they were now happy again.
Sign up to rate and review this story