Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Slip Into The Tragedy

9

by Burnie 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Mikey Way,Gerard Way,Frank Iero - Published: 2011-10-06 - Updated: 2011-10-06 - 1474 words

0Unrated
The stranger looked up at Gerard with a blank expression, trying his best to ignore the gun that was touching his chest. Gerard glared down at him in pure accomplishment; his eyes looked as if they were staring into his soul.
“Before I kill you,” Gerard said breathlessly, “Do you care to tell us why you have been following us?” The stranger looked up at him, his yellow eyes glowing in an eerie way. He then threw out his blank expression, and put on a smirk.
“The strangest thing, I actually thought you were following me,” the stranger laughed, “well… until you went in the opposite direction, I knew something was up. Now that I actually see you, I can tell you aren’t the enemy.”
He looked up at Gerard with a look I couldn’t read, somewhere between amused and questioning. Gerard looked back at him, his smirk gone, replaced with a frown in confusion. He got up off of the young guy and stepped back, the gun still pointed at him. “Care to explain?”
The stranger sat up and faced Gerard, so his back was to me. I walked around behind Gerard to get a look at his face as he explained. Keeping that smirk on his face, he sighed.
“First of all, you are not wearing white, and by the look at you, Ketchup head, I’d say that if you were one of them, you would be killed. To me you seem like people who escaped the city, if you know, Ketchup, you weren’t so strong… I’m gonna get a bruise!”
“Anyways, when I first saw you, I didn’t really care; you just looked like two guys who may, or may not be so friendly. My partner and I were resting for the night, and apparently you two were as well, when we were in the little clearing and you were at about the edge of the road. It was Ketchup, from what I could tell, who got up and… went off, into the darkness. That is what… interested me.”
His face grew serious, and he looked Gerard right in the eyes. “I know you aren’t human, either of you.” He glanced over at me, to show that I was involved too.
Gerard looked both angry and confused. “How can we not be human?” He asked the stranger, sounding exasperated. He just laughed and gave Gerard a look of pure humour.
“Don’t tell me that hair is natural. Besides, hair dye hasn’t been made or found in at least… two years, and Blondie… well, purple isn’t very human either.” I looked over to Gerard in concern. This guy knew a lot, but I didn’t know if we should trust him or not. Gerard just kept the gun pointed at him, staring at him intensely.
“I’m surprised you two even get along… your species haven’t in the past,” He drifted, causing both Gee and I to create looks of confusion. “And why is that? How can you just… know all this about us?”
He brushed some of the dust off of his pant leg, and then squinted up at Gee. “Well, to answer your second question first, I am like you. First question… nomads and shifters have had a long, long history fighting over the niche… which is strange, being two completely different species-“
“Wait a second, vampires and shifters… so Mikey is a-“
“Yes, Blondie is a shifter.”
It was silent for a couple of seconds, as we took in what this guy was saying. I had to break it.
“How do you know?” I asked him. He looked at me with a semi-annoyed expression. He again, sighed. “Our look out is a shifter, I know what they are like, how they react, how they… transform… but I’m not telling you anything, because I’m not one, and it’s most likely better to learn from your own species, as every species does.”
Gerard took a couple steps forward so he was staring straight down at the stranger. He looked at him with less disgust and more curiosity. He lowered the gun slightly, so it was pointed at the man’s feet instead of his chest.
“So where does that leave you?” Gerard questioned him, “How are you connected to us?”
“The fact that we are the same species of vampire and… currently we all in the group called Zone Runners, unless you guys step up and try to actually rebel.”
“Rebel to what?” I asked him. Magically zapping into a desert left many things uncovered for Gerard and I.
He sighed, and looked at us, “Where the hell have you two been for the past three years?” He looked at us as if we were crazy, “Do you honestly not know anything?”
He relaxed a little then spoke again, “Maybe, if we do this on a gentler manner than one with guns and shit, I can tell you guys all that has been going on,” He looked up at Gerard, and raised his hands in front of him innocently, “I’m not any harm… well, currently.”
Gerard reluctantly lowered his gun, “I still don’t see the good idea in trusting a total stranger.” He said as the guy stood up, and looked at him with an admirable smile.
“Oh, I’m not that strange, but if you want to know, I go by Fun Ghoul. What’s the problem telling total strangers my name? The enemy knows it.”
“Who is this enemy?” Gerard asked.
“It’s called Better Living Industries, or BL/ind, as the short form. They started in 2016 but actually started taking control in 2017. When the 2017 bombing happened, it destroyed what was left of the United States and turned it into this huge wasteland of a desert.” Fun Ghoul told us as we looked out at the vast space covered with sand.
“Does it ever end?” I asked while looking out in the distance.
“Of course it does, but not for a while. We’re in Zone 9, so the closest area of recreation is three zones away. It’s an old diner that we stay in when were out in the farther zones, anywhere closer we go to this abandoned garage in Zone 4 to stay in and keep down. We don’t usually get noticed there because it’s so close to the gas station.”
Fun Ghoul was telling us what seemed to be secret information. What if we were this, so-called enemy, Better Living Industries, then he would be telling them his secret hideouts. If I was after him, or anything, the first thing I would look for is his hideout.
“So what exactly does… Better Living Industries do?” Gerard asked.
“Their goal is to make the world ‘Perfect’. They make these pills, that they give to you and you just, forget all your worries and become this robot in life… its horrible. There is no fun in life with them, and they have taken over the majority of America, what isn’t desert, at least. “
“So you’re rebelling?”
“Of course. BL/ind is evil, and filled with Mortes. We need more killjoys if we’ll ever beat them, or, we’ll need strong killjoys. But you, Ketchup, we’ll of course, have to join us, being a Nomad, and all.”
Fun Ghoul sighs. “Mortes: a Nomads worst enemy. They are just pure evil, it’s not even funny. They’re so strong, fast, and deadly. They could kill us in minutes, Blondie in seconds.”
That was reassuring.
“Of course, the Dracs aren’t Mortes, only the top S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W…” Fun Ghoul trailed off.
Neither Gerard nor I responded to him, and when we reached the Trans Am, Fun Ghoul’s mouth dropped open. “You have a car?”
He went over to the Trans Am and ran his hand along the hood like Gerard did. Gerard’s face was stone, as he watched this strange man examine our car oddly.
“How in hell do you two have a car? You just walked up and found it?” Fun Ghoul laughed.
His laughter changed to shock at the fact that we did just walk up and find it. He looked us up and down, and without another word, continued looking at the car.
“It’s in perfect shape to get us to Zone 6. I have to take you guys back to the base, that’s just it. So let’s hop in! Who’s driv-“
“I am.” Gerard said, cutting him off and quickly hopping in the seat. “You can tell us where to go.”
Fun Ghoul lifted his arms and shrugged, hopping in next to him. I crawled into the back awkwardly.
“Straight down the road.”
Sign up to rate and review this story