Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

Mystery Melody

by LittleMissFae 4 reviews

Lucille connects to a mysterious melody.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-10-12 - Updated: 2011-10-13 - 731 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four:

The next morning I awoke to the sound of the doorbell at 9:27am, this is either a very good sign or a bad one. I grumbled as I pushed myself out of bed and forced myself to go downstairs to answer the door.

I pulled the door open, wincing as the bright light hit my eyes. Who would be knocking at my door at 9:30 in the morning?

"Hello?" I called; my voice hoarse from sleep.

"Hey Lucille!" Jessie's bright voice came, was she ever unhappy or was I just a lucky victim? "Can you help me?"

"With...?" I urged, slightly annoyed.

"Well, Mikey's car is acting up and he refuses to call his brother to help him so I thought I'd try you," Jessie explained, nodding to Mikey who was mumbling something under his breath.

"What makes you think I can fix cars?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Jessie blushed and looked down at her feet.

"Well, Gerard said you'd know how to fix it," Jessie muttered, still looking at her feet. Gerard? How the hell does he know I can fix cars?

I sighed before walking outside; looking like a disaster I'm sure with my black sweat pants and white tank-top.

"Jessie, I can fix my own car," Mikey said, sighing harshly. I rolled my eyes at his comment; it didn't look like it was going too well.

"Pop the hood," I said, walking around the car. Mikey glared at Jessie before listening to me and popping the hood open. I scanned the engine, trying to locate the problem.

"Nothing's wrong with the engine," I said, closing the hood. I stepped back and stared at his car for a while before laughing.

"What?" Mikey demanded, his tone filled with rage.

"Car's out of gas," I replied, rolling my eyes.

Instead of listening to him rant on and on, I turned back around and went inside, preparing myself for the day. It was a Saturday, thankfully, so I wouldn't have to endure another painful day at school.

I changed into a pair of jeans and a long sleeve v-neck gray shirt. I straightened my hair and left it down before eating my daily apple. I walked around the house for a while, debating on what I should do today.

I glanced over at my piano, still untouched, and decided that I'd give it a shot. I sat down, running my fingers over a couple of keys to test the pitch, which was perfect as always.

I started to play the first couple of notes that came to my mind yesterday, a different melody than I was used to playing. A deeper, sadder, more mysterious melody.

The more I worked on the tune, the easier it was for me to get lost in its melody, which could probably explain why I didn't hear the door open and someone come inside.

"You play piano?" a voice asked, causing me to stop. I turned around quickly to see none other than Gerard at the front door.

"Why are you in my house?" I asked, ignoring his question and my now frantic heartbeat.

"Well, I had to pick up Mikey since his car broke down and I heard you playing," he explained, his voice just as perfect as it was yesterday.

"That still doesn't answer my question," I told him.

"I wanted to hear it better, your door was wide open," he said, gesturing to the door. I forgot to close the door?

"Oh," I said, not sure what else I could say. Gerard walked over to me, just as tense as he was at lunch yesterday and looked at the piano.

"What song where you playing?" he asked, his voice full of curiosity.

"I don't know, it was just a melody," I said, looking at the keys, knowing my thoughts would get tangled if I looked in his eyes.

"Just a melody," he murmured, I glanced up for a second to see him staring at me, his hazel eyes filled with confusion. I forgot what I was thinking, his perfection distracting me, until he suddenly turned around and left.

I sat there, confused and thrilled, relieved and worried. There was something about Gerard that just drew me into him, like a mystery waiting to be solved.

I shook my head before turning my focus back onto the piano and the mysterious melody.
Sign up to rate and review this story