Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

Joy

by LittleMissFae 2 reviews

Luce meets Mikey's and Gerard's parents.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-10-14 - Updated: 2011-10-15 - 1294 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six:

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of my house phone ringing, with a quick glance at the clock I saw that it was only 8:43am. I rolled out of bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes out, and hurried downstairs to get the phone.

"Hello?" I said, out of breath.

"Hello Lucille," said a musical voice that I had grown attached to, against my own free will. I felt my heart flutter.

"Gerard?" I asked, feeling the sensations going through my body when I said his name. "What do you want?"

"I was wondering how the melody was going," he asked casually. I looked over my shoulder at the piano; there were stacks of paper on top of it, all with the notes needed to play it.

"How did you get my house number?" I asked, ignoring the question. He chuckled, causing me to smile. Wait, now I am smiling?

"You're the new girl in town, there had to be someone who knew your phone number," he explained, I could hear the smile in his voice, yet his voice was hesitant too.

I sighed, knowing I'd never win this one. "I finished it last night."

"Really?" he asked, the amazement and shock clear in his voice. "Can I hear it?"

That threw me off guard. Would I let Gerard hear it? No one has ever heard me compose before, except him when he walked inside my house yesterday.

"You can come to my house, if you'd rather not have me poking around in your house," he said, his voice almost pleading. "Mikey has a piano, but since you fixed his car. I'm sure he'll let you use it."

"Fine, can you give me directions?" I said, there was no way I'd ever be able to resist Gerard, which was kind of pathetic.

"I'll give you a ride," he insisted. "I'll be there in about 10 minutes."

"Okay," I said before hanging up. I rushed upstairs to attempt to get ready in less than 10 minutes. I scrambled to find a pair of jeans in the clustered mess in my closet.
I finally pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a long, form fitting navy shirt. I ran a brush though my hair quickly, brushing out all possible tangles and straightened my hair as quickly as I could without burning myself. I put on some mascara and eyeliner on my dark blue eyes; they actually seemed brighter than usual today. I rushed back to my closet and pulled out a pair of black flat heeled boots as slipped them on.

The door bell rang as soon as I finished putting my boots on, reminding me of why I was in such a great hurry this morning. I half ran down the stairs, stopping in the kitchen to get an apple, and opened the door. There stood Gerard who, even in jeans and a black button down, still looked better than me.

"Good morning," he said, smiling slightly. He was tenser than he was yesterday but his smile distracted me from that for a couple of seconds. "You ready?

I nodded and we walked out of my house and to his car, which was parked right next to my Ferrari. In comparison, his looked like a piece of crap. But his held actual characteristics, while mine didn’t. He held open the passenger door for me, which wasn’t much of a surprise to me, since I knew he'd be a gentleman.

"Thank you," I said before sliding into the seat. He was sitting in the driver’s seat quicker than I would have imagined, and turning on the car. He pulled out of the driveway swiftly and perfectly, which would be expected of any Way boy. Or at least, that’s what I’ve observed.
"Why are you so curious to hear it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him as we got onto the main road.

"It sounded really good yesterday, and that was only part of it. I want to hear how good it sounds completed," he explained, his hazel eyes piercing into mine. I didn't have anything else to respond without embarrassing myself further, so I just sat in silence watching the forest as we sped past it.

When I wasn't looking out the window, I was looking at Gerard. He was still tense, tenser than I had hoped. His bright eyes would flicker back from the road to me every now and then. His black hair was messy, but it still looked perfect, just like the rest of him. It fit his style.

I was so busy staring at Gerard to notice that we had made it to his house, until he turned the car off. I looked out the window where a big, white house was settled in the middle of a clearing. It was a beautiful, timeless house to say the least. I imagined it had been passed throughout the different Way generations over the years.

"Ready?" he asked as I got out of the car. I took a deep breath and nodded, more nervous about being alone with him than meeting his family. What if I looked like a total idiot when I play?

We walked up the front steps, not touching each other, and walked into the front door. The inside of the house was even more beautiful than the outside, which was what I expected. It made me feel smaller and useless compared to this house, which is strange in most people's minds.

Then I saw the piano, it was beautiful in every definition. It was perfect, it was better than the piano at my house; it was probably more expensive than mine, more elegant.

"Come on, I already asked Mikey. He doesn't mind," Gerard said, making me jump a bit. I was so amazed at the house and the piano; I hadn't noticed that he had stepped out of the room. I took a deep breath before walking over to the piano, Gerard following me. I sat down on the bench and tested the pitch, perfect. Just as I would have thought.

I kept my eyes and thoughts on the keys as I started to play, the melody sounding heavenly. The story started to unfold on every note, a love story. When I was playing, I forgot about my parents and Barlow and Gerard, I just focused on the piano, on the music.

I was so consumed in my thoughts that I didn't realize I had finished the song until I heard people clapping softly. I turned around to see two more people, who I assumed were Mr. & Mrs. Way.

"Mom, dad; this is Lucille," Gerard said, breaking the silence. They both smiled warmly at me, but their eyes said something else, like they knew something but weren't going to tell, almost guilty.

"That was beautiful, I’m Donna and this is my husband Donald." His mother, Donna, said kindly. I smiled shyly and muttered a “thank you”. I glanced around the room until I saw the clock, which read 10:05am.

"I probably should go," I said, talking for the first time since the car. Donna and Donald looked disappointed.

"Well, we are having a party for Jessie; her birthday is tomorrow, why don't you come?" Donald suggested, causing their moods to go from disappointment to happiness.

"Alright," I said, giving in. I couldn't say no to them, they were just so damn sweet.

"I'll pick you up," Gerard said, turning my attention back onto him. I nodded; my nerves began to come back. "Oh, and that was a perfect melody."

I tried to ignore my heart as it leaped with joy and my brain as it screamed don't trust him.
Sign up to rate and review this story