Categories > Original > Humor > A Zacky Movie

The Happy Dance

by Brideofbillie 0 reviews

Max gets the date of his life!

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Parody - Published: 2006-06-11 - Updated: 2006-06-11 - 639 words

0Unrated
With a loud boom, we cut to the main office of the high school. Max and Bobby and sitting, waiting their turn to speak with the Principal. Miss Maples, a secretary, is typing and humming the funeral march. Max is totally depressed.

Max:
I'm a failure--complete loser! My one chance to impress Roxanne and I blew it!

Bobby reveals something he has been working on for a while.

Bobby:
Uh, huh! Max! Look! It's the leaning tower of cheeza!

Bobby stuffs the cheese in his mouth. Sin comes out of the Principal's office with a vacant look on his face.

Sin:
Oh, man! My dad is going to smash me like a bug!!

Bobby:
Hey, Sin! Detention! [laughs]

Mazur:
Robert Zimmeruski.

Bobby:
(nervously) Okay, I'm coming! Max, here. [hands Max can of cheese] Guard this with your life, dude!

Bobby wheels the dolly of video equipment into Principal Mazur's office. You can see Mazur's collection of paddles in the background. Bobby gives Max a double thumbs up.

Bobby:
Hey, Mazu-ur! What's up, bro!

The door to Principal Mazur's office shuts. Max puts his head in his hands. Roxanne and Stacey come by the office.

Stacey:
(fading in) ...with all those kids in my house the place will be like a sauna so I'm all freaked out, but then I though, "Like, use it!" So my theme is gonna be: "Powerline Goes Rain Forest"! Too much? Roxanne, are you listening?

Roxanne is looking at Max.

Stacey:
Ahhhh!

Roxanne walks over to Max. Stacey gives Roxanne a push towards him.

Roxanne:
No, I don't want to...

Stacey: (whispering)
Talk to him!

Roxanne clears her throat a couple of times. Max still has his head in his hands and pays no attention. Roxanne shrugs at Stacey.

Stacey: (whispering)
Tap him!

Roxanne taps Max who immediately sits up, startled. Roxanne's books and papers go flying. Max looks at Roxanne and smiles. He gets up out of the chair then starts to help Roxanne pick up the papers and books.

Max:
Gosh, I'm..I'm sorry.

Roxanne:
It's okay. Really.

Max and Roxanne reach for the same paper at the same time and Max's hand touches hers. They stay that way for a moment, then Max withdraws his hand, a bit embarrassed.

Roxanne:
Um, I liked your dance.

Max:
Yeah. Yeah? Uh, Yeah! It's from Powerline's new video!

Roxanne:
I know! He's, he's totally a genius!

Max:
Uh, yeah! He, he's doing a concert next week in L.A.!

Roxanne:
Oh, yeah! Stacey is showing it at her party.

Max:
Yeah!

Roxanne:
Yeah!

Max fidgets and fumbles for a while.

Max:
Um, uh, Roxanne, I was, uh, sorta kinda thinkin' that maybe I'd, uh, ask you to [cough] go with me, that is, to the ... party. Of course if you don't want to I'd completely understand!

Roxanne:
Well, I was, sorta kinda thinking that ... I'd love to!

Max:
Yeah?

Roxanne:
Yeah!

Max:
Good!

Roxanne:
Great!

Max:
Terrific!

Roxanne:
Wonderful!

Max:
All right!

Roxanne:
Okay!

Stacey grabs Roxanne's arm and beings to drag her away.

Stacey:
Come on, Roxanne. We don't want to belabor the moment, now, do we?

Roxanne:
Well, I'd better be going.

Max:
I'll, uh, call you later!

Roxanne:
Okay! Bye!

Roxanne backs into the door. Giggles nervously, then with a final "Bye." leaves the office.

Stacey:
See? That wasn't so bad! I told you men are easy to deal with!

Max:
Yes! She said yes! Woo hoo hoo! Everybody mambo!

Max grabs Miss Maples and beings to mambo with her.

Miss Maples:
It's not my break yet!


Hearing the commotion, Bobby and Principal Mazur come out of the office.

Bobby:
Yeah! Dance with her! Groove with her!

Mazur:
Miss Maples!

Miss Maples: (sing-songish)
Yes sir!

Mazur:
Get that boy's father on the phone at once!

Miss Maples: (sing-songish)
Right away, sir!
Sign up to rate and review this story