Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers

Chapter Three [Cemetery Sketches]

by mein_romantik 5 reviews

Gerard receives a surprise in Chemistry class...continued.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-16 - Updated: 2011-10-16 - 2130 words

2Original
This chapter ended up being pretty long, hope you like it!! C:

Chapter 3

“Class,” The strangled pigeon squawked and smiled, if you could call that a smile Gerard thought, “this is Frank Iero, he’s a 10th year and has transferred all the way from Arizona.” Hag Lady addressed the now hushed class room.

She then turned to Frank directly, hardly lowering her unpleasant voice, “I expect that you will be adhering to the uniform dress code tomorrow, or I’ll be glad to have you after school.” She said this snidely with the same smile as when she addressed the class, but this time it was forced and sneering.

Bitch, Frank thought. The truth was, he had his school uniform already. The khaki slacks, classic white button down, emerald green tie and the matching emerald blazer with Wynchester Prep’s emblem embroidered in the top right corner; as he listed these in his mind his expression turned to a grimace. Frank wasn’t about to spend his first day in some stuffy uniform, and besides, being his first day he knew he could get away with it.

Frank surveyed the classroom and his stomache jumped a little when he realized the attractive guy from the coffee shop where he newly worked was sitting in a chair not far away, with an empty spot next to it. Please let me sit by him, please let me sit by him, please let me sit by him, please let me— “Frank you can take a seat next to Kurt.” She motioned to the table in front of Gerard, making Gerard jump and suddenly become hyper aware of his body movements and facial expressions. Frank’s face fell a little. Well, at least he would be in the seat in front of him, he thought to himself glumly. He started toward the chair she motioned to, the table in front of the attractive guy.

Gerard attempted to put on an air of nonchalance and indifference but with each step Frank took in his lime-green laced Dr. Martins he could feel the blood rushing to his face and he dipped his head and hid behind his unkempt hair.

Gerard’s small mouth was slightly agape, he felt his heart pulse in his ears; his mind was whirring. He ran his damp, slightly shaky hands over his khaki pants and looked down to hide the pink hue creeping upon his cheeks. He timidly peaked through his curtain of messy raven-black hair, noticing the subtle changes from coffee shop Frank to relaxed Frank…His eyes were rimmed in red, he wore a sick Black Flag shirt, and his floppy fringe was resting carelessly in his face. For the first time he realized how short he was as well, but he pulled it off.

Frank slid lazily into the seat in front of Gerard, “Well Hi.” Gerard jolted at the boyish voice, and slightly tilted his head upwards to meet Frank’s grinning face with his own unsure expression. Frank had shifted and turned around to look at Gerard, ignoring his new seating partner Kurt. As surprised as Frank was to be in a class with him, he had thought about how they’d probably be at the same high school when he came in that morning to the coffee shop, hoped rather. He was definitely the most attractive guy Frank had seen in awhile.

“Ermph…hey” Gerard made a strange noise and even his ‘hey’ was feeble and faded out as he said it. He was confused as to why he was being so weird. He wasn’t the most outgoing guy in the universe but he could certainly look a person in the face and say hello, but instead of smiling at Frank he simply hid behind his hair curtain once more, frowned, and bit his lip in thought.

Frank made a slight face and decided to try a question. “How’d you like that coffee this morning?” Gerard looked up, still chewing on his lip, to see a hopeful Frank. For the first time he noticed just how beautiful his eyes were. Swirling amber with specks of olive green…Did he just think Frank’s eyes were beautiful? Fuck, he thought, he really needed to think about things more before he thought them…what was he even thinking now? He was just having a fucking strange day so far; he owed it to the traumatic experience he had that morning.

He hadn’t realized how long he’d been silent until Frank made a slight unsure shrug and turned to face the droning chemistry teacher.

Great, Gerard thought, the one cool guy that comes to the school and he can’t even manage to be friendly.

Frank wondered what was up with this guy, he was only trying to be friendly, it’s not like he was obviously gay and after him or something…he wasn’t being obvious, was he? The guy was just so fucking hot. The night black shoulder-length hair, it even looked good all messy like it was, sort of bedhead, and then his starkly contrasting pale pallor. It was the eyes though, that Frank really liked. He had gorgeous hazel eyes, and he could see the leftover traces of black liner…BEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Frank’s thoughts cut off as the end of class bell sounded and he realized he hadn’t heard a damn thing the teacher had said, not that he cared for Chemistry anyway. He swung his black bag over his shoulder and started towards the door, looking down at his schedule:

Chemistry 7:05-8:50 Room 13-03
English 8:55-9:40 Room 5-01
French 1 9:45-10:30 Room 25-56
LUNCH 10:30-11:15 Cafeteria
World History 11:20-12:05 Room 3-01
Algebra II 12:10-12:55 Room 25-54
Art 1:00-1:45 Room 33-06
DISMISSAL

English wasn’t bad he thought to himself, wherever the fuck room 5-01 was though he didn’t know, and he set off slightly unsure digging around in his bag for the map the office attendant had handed him that morning.

Gerard walked to Calculus, occasionally unable to weave in and out of the mass of bodies, bumping into them from his lack of awareness and earning glares from most. He was looking straight ahead but wasn’t seeing anything but the scenes replaying in his mind… He was mentally beating himself up over not being nicer to Frank and was thinking about how he’d make up for it tomorrow. He knew he most likely wouldn’t have anymore classes with him though, being a 12th year himself and only taking 10th year Chemistry because he slacked off and failed it, but needed the credit. Maybe Mikey would have a class with Frank…

Gerard stepped through the door of Calculus just as the late bell sounded, the teacher gave him a stern look but a familiar voice whispered his name grabbing his attention. It was Ray! Thank God, thought Gerard, math was definitely not his favorite class, he had no idea why he was even in Calculus in the first place, but seeing that familiar bushy curly mass of hair always made anything instantly better.
---
Gerard went through the rest of the day lost in his mind; even with Ray whom he normally couldn’t stop talking with he was slightly zoned out and distant. He wasn’t always thinking about the new guy but he found that those greeny-amber eyes drifted in and out of his thoughts of other relevant things, like how after school he’d certainly be taking a trip to the old cemetery. He liked to go there to think and sketch, and needed some time alone anyway; people just got exhausting sometimes.

Mikey caught up with Gerard after school, and literally had to catch him as Gerard had been quickly walking off the grounds looking rather dreamy and spaced out.

“Gee, GEE!” Gerard didn’t turn around, but he slowed his brisk pace, he knew it was Mikey because no one else ever called him Gee, not even Ray.

“Gerard, what’s up? Ray said you didn’t talk his head off today.” Mikey smirked as he said this, waiting for his brother to make the pouty face that he always did when Mikey teased him, but Gerard’s only response was “Mhm, yeah.” and he kept walking. Mikey frowned, what was up with his brother today…

“Uh Mikes I’m gonna go to the cemetery before heading home today, I’ll see you later.” Gerard started to walk separately from Mikey in the direction of the not far-off graves; he could already see his favorite spot.

“Okay then…see you…” Mikey frowned again and his brow furrowed, making him have to slide his glasses farther up his nose with the tip of his finger.

---
Quiet at last, thought Gerard. He was now seated in his favorite spot, in the back of the graveyard near the black wrought-iron twisted gates with his back leaned up against them. He’d picked this spot because it was in the back and had nice tree coverage from the gnarled Willow that overcame it in shadow and he had always liked what the tombstone in front of him read:

“Behold and see as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death and follow me.”

The date on the tomb was half moss-covered but he could see that it was from the 1800s, which made it even cooler. He pulled out his black worn sketchbook that he always carried along with him, and began absentmindedly sketching.

He stopped for a moment and focused his eyes on the figure he had sketched. It was a boy, with not much height, a careless floppy fringe, and eyes that jumped off the page despite being dealt in graphite.

“What’re you drawing?” Gerard yelped and nearly jumped out of his skin at the boyish voice that came out of nowhere. He looked up to see a slightly unsure, smiling Frank and quickly clutched the sketch to his chest, getting up and gathering his things as he did.

“N-nothing, really, just…umph, doodling.” Gerard stumbled through his explanation as he bent over gathering his pencils, a flush already taking over his cheeks. His mind was reeling, had Frank realized that the sketch was him? Why the fuck had he even been sketching Frank in the first place?

“Oh…alright. Well maybe you could, um, show me some of your drawings sometime?” Frank couldn’t keep the disappointment from his voice, he guessed he had startled the guy, but why was he getting up to leave? It was pretty weird running into him here though; he thought he was the only person he knew that actually enjoyed strolling through and spending time in cemeteries.

“I mean, I’d like to see them, I bet they’re really great.” Wow, could he be anymore obvious, he thought to himself, ‘I bet they’re really great’, fuck Frank thought, that just sounded lame.

Gerard felt the blush deepen in his cheeks, he didn’t know why someone as cool-looking as Frank would think that he’d be a great artist. “Well, er, maybe...uh, I mean yeah I suppose sometime you, um, could.” He mentally slapped himself for all of the ‘uhs’ and ‘ums’ that came out.

“Awesome!” Frank grinned widely, unable to contain his relief. It was sort of cute the way that he stumbled over his words like that; he really was very attractive.

“What’s your name by the way?” Frank said. “Uhh, Gerard.” Frank smiled again, “Well Gerard I guess I’ll see you tomorrow in Chemistry… maybe we could sit together?” Gerard blushed slightly again, “Yeah I suppose…I mean no one sits there or anything…”

“Well great then, see you!” Frank gave him one last grin and walked off, and Gerard couldn’t help but smile to himself, he was definitely glad he had come to the cemetery.

Gerard walked slowly off, a somewhat dreamy expression on his face, and arrived home to find Mikey sitting at the table with a big cup of hot coffee and looked over to see a freshly made pot. Could this day get any better? He thought to himself, smiling again as he poured a cup and took a seat next to his brother. For the first time that he could think of he was actually sort of looking forward to school the next day.

Thanks so much for reading! C: I'd really appreciate it if you would Rate and Review please, I'm not really getting a lot of feedback so I'm not sure I'll continue if no one wants to read it o.0
Sign up to rate and review this story