Categories > Original > Humor > A Zacky Movie

Max Takes Control

by Brideofbillie 0 reviews

In this chapter Zacky lets Max take control of the trip. Aww! How sweet!

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Parody - Published: 2006-06-11 - Updated: 2006-06-11 - 402 words

0Unrated
Fade to a truck stop the next morning. The short order cook rings a bell on the order counter.

Cook:
Pick up!

Waitress:
Hold your horses!

The waitress picks up the food and carries it to Max and Zacky.

Waitress:
Short stack?

Zacky:
Right here!

Waitress:
Here you go, hon. Eggs? Eggs? Eggs!

Max has been staring down at the table, then suddenly comes to.

Max:
Oh! Oh! Yeah, yeah! Right here! Sorry.

Waitress:
Here you go, cutie.

The eggs and strip of bacon form a face. Zacky digs into his pancakes, then notices that Max, who was so hungry the night before is picking at his eggs and looking nervously at the map. Zacky thinks he knows what the problem is and picks up the map, waving it at Max.

Zacky:
Max, I think we need to talk about this.

Max:
Huh?

Zacky:
Seems to me you need to start taking some responsibility around here.

Zacky taps his water glass with his fork.

Zacky:
Excuse me. Uh, can I have your attention please? [clears throat] I, Zacky, hereby dub my son, Maximillian, official navigator and head which-wayer of this here road trip!

Truck stop patrons clap and cheer.

Max:
Seriously?

Zacky:
I'm not even looking at the map anymore. As a matter of fact, you can pick all the stops from here to Lake Destiny. I trust you wholeheartedly, son. To the open road!

Zacky picks up his water glass. Max does the same.

Max:
To the open...road!

With Zacky driving and Max navigating, the continue their journey, stopping at a beach, where Zacky has a terrible time with a jetski, they change a flat tire, at an amusement park Zacky can't stomach the roller coaster, at a monster truck rally where Zacky can't stand the noise. Max notices this and decides his dad needs something he likes, so their next stop is the amazing house of yarn--one of the stops on Zacky's map. A stop in New Orleans is next with an unfortunate encounter with a mime, they change another flat tire, they visit Carl's Butt Caverns and awaken the bats, and speaking of bats then attend a baseball game where they get an autographed baseball by very unusual means, The change another flat tire, and pull into the "Neptune Inn" motel for the night. They take a couple of suitcases and open the door to the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story