Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Slip Into The Tragedy

12

by Burnie 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Mikey Way,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-20 - Updated: 2011-10-21 - 804 words

0Unrated
Life at the base was quite interesting. This group called themselves ‘Killjoys’, to make a mockery of their enemy. Gerard, or as I’m supposed to call him, Party Poison and I had to go through a lot of training. We got to use guns. I would think that’s cool if it didn’t involve that we had to use them to kill people.
“They’re not people,” My trainer, Show Pony, told me, “they’re Draculoids or Mortes. The humans don’t fight.”
Show Pony was training me because he was also a shape shifter. You would be able to tell if he took off his sunglasses or helmet once in a while, but he never does. Maybe he doesn’t like people to see his eyes. He was who I was supposed to go to with any questions.
Fun Ghoul was training Gerard because they were both Nomads. I don’t know exactly what he was being trained to do for that.
Show Pony was teaching me how to actually shape-shift. He showed me his form, which was the little bird we saw in the desert. He was some sort of tiny Swallow, which are fast birds. I guess the animal we turn into represents us somehow.
“So, do we only turn into one thing?” I asked Pony when he came back to human form.
“Sadly, Yes. We turn into the animal that mostly represents our behaviour and strengths.”
“And where do our clothes go?”
Show Pony pondered this for a while, “I really don’t know. We just appear in human form with them on. At least it’s kept G rated.”
“We’ll have to start on the actual training to turn into an animal soon. The later on you learn how the harder it is to transform. How long exactly have you been a shifter?” He asked me.
“Um… a week, tops?” I said, “I’m not sure, exactly.” Pony frowned.
“You don’t know?” I shook my head. He looked at me like I was crazy.
“So… what, you just magically became a shape-shifter? It doesn’t work that way.
“I don’t remember,” I shrugged, “How do you become a shape-shifter anyway?”
He sighed and sat down. “Well, it’s complicated. Some are born shape-shifters, but the majority are bitten. Like vampires, our teeth are venomous when we aren’t in animal form.”
The thought of someone biting me was kind of sickening. I don’t think I have a scar from being bitten though, and I didn’t see anything the first day in the desert. But I must have been a shifter then, my eyes changed colour.
“What’s the deal with the eye colour?” I asked Pony.
He looked up at me. “The change of eye colour shows to the world that you aren’t human. The majority of beasts, like us, and vampires, have changes to their eye colour. Ours stays one strange colour, while vampire’s eyes go black when they are hungry and yellow when they aren’t. It’s kind of a warning to everyone else.”
“What can’t the vampires… eat?” I asked Show Pony.
“Well… other vampires, obviously, as in Nomads, Venetians, and Mortes. Basically everything else they can eat.”
Of course. Everything has blood in it except vampires… and plants.
“And vampires aren’t vegetarians.” I said to myself out loud, receiving a strange look from Show Pony.
“Focus, Kobra.”
Ugh. My name was awful. Not cool in the slightest. At least he wasn’t calling me ‘Kid’ that sounded even worse. I’m not a kid.
Kobra Kid.
“Alright, you can’t start shifting right away, but, you’ll know when you can start. Your body will randomly feel sore in certain spots where changes happen with your animal. So you might feel sore where you get ears, claws, and, maybe, a tail.”
That might end awkwardly.
“You also might get headaches or the occasional thought to do something crazy or stupid. That’s because your brain is preparing to be in an animal body.”
That might explain the time I jumped on that thing in the desert.
“Any more questions?” Show Pony asked me.
“It doesn’t hurt, does it?”
“Not much. The more you do it the less it hurts.” I pondered what he said and smiled to myself.
Show Pony and I walked up to the cliff a little while away from the diner. It had an absolutely amazing view of the desert, and from up there, the desert didn’t look as evil as it actually was. I looked up at the huge tree that was near the edge. It was the first living vegetation I saw since day one.
I had to stop my sightseeing to start my killjoy training.
Sign up to rate and review this story