Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 100 Ways To Torture Gerard Way

37. Carrying A Sword On Back

by theescapist99 9 reviews

"The fact was that the man was drunk, and carelessly let rip two words Mikey hated to hear in the same sentence: 'Gerard' and 'dead'."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-10-21 - Updated: 2011-10-21 - 2007 words - Complete

1Original
A/N: Please read the authors note at the bottom. (When you're done reading the chapter, of course.)

37. Carrying A Sword On Back

"You know Gerards dead, right?"

It was those five words that landed Mikey Way in a jail cell on one cold December night.

Just a few hours before, he had been at a bar, downing bottles of liquor with friends. A few men had gone up to him, recognizing him as the bassist for the once famous band My Chemical Romance. They discussed irrelevant matters for some time, before the subject of Gerard had come up.

The man had not said it in a mocking sense, or in a particularly rude sense. The fact was that the man was drunk, and carelessly let rip two words Mikey hated to hear in the same sentence: "Gerard" and "dead".

The rest of the event happened in a blurry blitz of punches and blows. Mikey was apprehended, and there he was. Still somewhat drunk, he sat in his jail cell and awaited Alicia to pick him up.

He did not have to wait long. A very weary Alicia arrived not long after he had called, and it was by the light of the very bright jail that one could see the toll her husband's actions have had on her lately. She had a pallor about her, and looked as though a rain cloud were constantly over her head.

She arrived with an officer who unlocked the cell and allowed him out. They filled out a couple of forms, got Mikey's things, and left together silently.

Neither would look at each other, as they both made their way home. There was no contact that was necessary, and nothing more to be said or done. While Alicia would have typically scolded Mikey for this rude discrepancy, she knew nothing she said at this point could possibly change a thing or thought in her broken husband. It went without saying however, that this was not typical Mikey behavior.

Alicia only drove home with a heavy heart, missing the person that was once her best friend. Mikey, on the other hand, would not even give Alicia a thought. It was perhaps because he was afraid of the inevitable guilt he would feel should he do so, but either way he avoided it. Instead he looked to his phone, scrolling through text messages. Mikey then had the passing thought that he had not heard from Frank for some time, and he wondered what his friend had been up to lately.

~

Gerard shook and trembled against the cold climate of his chamber. Try as be might to embrace himself, it was of no use. There was nothing to protect him from the chills he often felt, although he wondered just how much of said chills could be attributed to the temperature of the place.

Finally, creaky noises met Gerard's ears, signaling the opening of the door. His entire being filled with dread, anticipating being submerged in even more hours of torture.

However, he was highly surprised to see that it was the healer who came in this time. This was quite an oddity, as he usually had to endure his daily beatings before the healer would come to pay him visit.

The medicine cart was wheeled over to his bedside, and the healer examined him for some time.

Then the healer ceased, looked upon his face, and whispered, "Gerard!"

Gerard stared at him with wide eyes, his heart in his throat. That whisper was somehow very familiar, and Gerard already knew who it belonged to.

"Frankie?"

The healer unmasked himself, and sure enough, Frank Iero was hovering over him one moment later. Gerard gaped openly, his heart now officially leaping from his chest.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Gerard asked a bit louder than he should have.

"I found out where they've been hiding you from that video they sent us." Frank informed him, "Now let's get you out of here, we don't have a lot of time for questions! I had to come now because this is the only hour the guards are all asleep!"

Frank helped Gerard up, and led him to the steel door. He had Gerard hold on to him by the shoulders. Frank placed his hand on the rusty looking handle. Gerard held his breath, realizing that he was about to view his place of captivity for the first time. Frank opened it, and reminded Gerard to stay glued to him.

"Don't wander off. I have a gun in case shit goes down, but I'd much rather we get out of here unnoticed." he whispered. Gerard nodded, and they began their journey.

It was nerve wracking, as they tip toed through the hall that had led to Gerard's chamber. They both strained their ears for the slightest sound or whisper, while Gerard looked around and observed the place.

It looked like some abandoned mental hospital. A very dim amount of lighting gave it a gloomier feeling than it should have had, and a lack of windows did not help either. The walls were a tinted white, and the floor consisted of large black tiles. There were many carts that lined the halls, equipped with syringes and strange tubes.

The walls were lined with other doors that looked identical to his, and Gerard wondered just how many prisoners they kept there. He thought to himself that he may try to help them once he has escaped.

It was for that reason he took note of everything he saw along the way. Gerard looked for some identifying peice, like a name on a paper. Soon enough, he found exactly that.
A paper lay on the bottom tray of one cart, but they could not stop to read it. In addition, it being on the bottom placed it in the poorest lighting. All Gerard could make out as they passed was the first letter of it's bold title, which was a capital 'I'. Gerard tried his hardest to see the rest of the letters as the paper itself shrank slowly out of view.

It was this dedicated absorption of detail that distracted him, and Gerard's leg ended up running into one of the metal carts. While it did not exactly create an explosion of sound, it was just enough. A few syringes clattered to the floor, and the noise echoed through the area.

Sure enough, the sound of slow yet approaching footsteps came from an undistinguishable direction. As there were quite a few different branches in the halls, Gerard could not locate it's source, but even more troubling was that it sounded very close.

They both stopped in their tracks. The air felt slightly warmer because of the rapid amount of breathing they were both doing. The footsteps were getting closer. Gerard saw Frank mouth the word "fuck". Frank then spun around and grabbed Gerard's wrist.

"We need to run, okay?" Frank told him. Gerard wondered why he even had to point it out, but figured Frank was just trying to make sure Gerard was prepared to do so. Gerard nodded.

Frank turned around, yanked on Gerard's wrist, and pulled them both into a sprint. Frank tried to go a little slower at first, as he knew Gerard was weak. However Gerard did better than Frank had expected, and they both ran gradually faster as they went along.

"The front door isn't far away..." Frank reassured him as they went, neither of them looking to see if they were being chased at all. Gerard could no longer hear the footsteps, but he still felt too afraid to look back.

Motivated by Frank's assurance that they were close, Gerard tried to run even faster. His heart rate was escalating to unbelieveable levels, and it was a wonder that it did not burst right there and then. He inhaled and exhaled rapidly through his mouth, and beads of sweat ran down his face. He tried not to think of how exhausted he was, or how much he ached, just that he was almost there. Almost.

Finally, they turned a corner. A door that was different from the others met their sights, and Frank smiled. That smile told Gerard everything he needed to know:

This was the door that led to his freedom.

They both clashed against it simultaneously, Frank only slightly leading the way. It was merely one of those doors where you had to push the metal handle, and so it did not take much effort. It flew open, and Gerard could slightly feel a cold breeze from the outside gracing his beaten face.

And then Gerard woke up.

He looked around, finding himself back in his chamber. Yet he had no real time to delve in his rapidly growing sense of dissappoinment, for he had not awoken of his own accord.

No, what had woken him was the door of his room actually opening.

Two blackbirds came in, one of them carrying handcuffs with a particularly long chain. They ordered him to sit up, making their way over to his bed.

As he fully awoke, Gerard felt himself begin to sob. It was not due to the fact that was surely about to experience terrible pain, but that the dream he just experienced only seemed to emphasize just how hopeless his situation was.

Ignoring his cries of despair, the blackbirds forced him into a sitting position themselves.

One of them began to twist Gerard, forcing one of his hands to bend backwards over the same shoulder it's arm belonged to. The other blackbird, who had taken a spot on Gerard's opposite side, took that hand and bent it also behind his back. He positioned it so that it went upwards, facing the other hand that looked downwards.

The blackbird on Gerard's right then put the handcuffs to use, twisting the chains around his arms and cuffing both wrists together. This caused an incredible strain between the two limbs, which Gerard felt immediately.

His arms felt the sensation of being torn, and it was within ten minutes that the pain rose to an excruciating level. The blackbirds watched him for a moment. Once his face began to contort with his pain, and his teeth began to grit, they became satisfied and took their leave.

Gerard's physical pain only rose from then on, but it was not quite so bad compared to the despair he felt. As he began to groan from his burden, he did wonder if he would ever see rescue at all...

Next chapter: "I can taste the madness dripping from my tongue; between the spaces to scratch the itch…”


A/N: I had to leave the authors note here, as to not spoil anything before you read it. :) I want to clarify a few things.

1. The beginning scene with Mikey and Alicia was not part of the dream. Only everything after that, before Gerard wakes up.

2. It's kind of difficult to describe the actual "carrying a sword" torture, because it is just a strain position. It does hurt though. Trust me. Here is a link to an illustration: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/article_images/2009-12-2-002527-0.jpg

3. Most of you have been good about this, but please try to keep suggestions in the suggestion box. The thing is, that even if I already had the torture listed, I still give you credit if you suggest it. But it's hard to keep track of who suggested what, and the more chapters that this story has, the harder it gets, because then I'd have to look through the reviews of every one to make sure I dont miss anybody. I do try to put your name down the moment I get the review, but many times I'm away from my laptop when I get them, and I can't always remember once I get home. I already missed a few people because of this, and I sincerely apologize to those people.

Anyway, that's it. Until next time. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story