Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocence

Jane Doe

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"She was here."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-26 - Updated: 2011-10-27 - 1339 words - Complete

0Unrated
That girl can make my heart race at an abnormal speed. She only had to glance in my direction for a second, but in that second, I felt an unexplainable feeling of happiness and peace. I’m surprised I was able to give her a light due to my sweaty palms…my throat was dry making it hard to answer her…this girl makes me crazy. If I had the courage to actually speak to her, I would have told her how beautiful she was and how she nearly always took my breath away. I hadn’t had the courage to do it thirty minutes ago when she was sitting on the bench. I’ve never had that kinda courage. The thought of trying to speak to her sets my nerves in a frenzy.

I believe in soul mates. I believe…I don’t even know her name, pathetic…um, Jane Doe is mine. Of course I have never actually spoken with her besides the little bit outside, but I know she is the one I am destined to spend my life with. I wish she could see it the same way. I would be so much happier if I could hold her in my arms, run my fingers through her curly red hair, and kiss those cotton candy pink, snake-bitten lips.
I swear this girl is the female version of me. She loves getting piercing and tattoos; she’s got a new one almost every other week. She cusses like a sailor and enjoys smoking a little weed; I’ve seen her at those parties Gerard throws, but she’s not one of those bad, tough girls. She is the complete opposite. She is the most caring person I have ever come across. She believes in peace and harmony. She never meets a stranger. She greets everyone with a hug and that stunning smile.

She doesn’t even know me at all. She had a boyfriend; Matt Edwards…her complete opposite. He is the quarterback for our high school football team. He is arrogant, mean, and bangs a new girl every day even if he’s with someone else. He looked at Jane Doe like she was a piece of meat. I just can’t comprehend how he didn’t have his full attention on the beautiful girl. He didn’t deserve her and eventually she saw she deserved to be treated better.
I could treat her better.

Every day I stop at my locker between my eighth and ninth period classes to get the textbook I will need, today is not any different. Her locker is only three down from mine. She reaches her locker seconds after I get to mine. With my bangs covering my eyes, I glance over at her, praying she won’t notice. I don’t want her to think I’m a freak.

Obviously I am doing something wrong because her eyes lock with mine but instead of looking disgusted that I’m watching her, Jane Doe smiles. My breath catches in my throat. Am I dreaming?

“Hi, you’re Frank, right?” her voice sounds like a beautiful melody that I want to play over and over again.

I fight to make myself speak. I’m super awkward and I don’t want to look like a dork in front of my dream girl. “Yup, that’s me.”
Not too bad, Frank.

She closes her locker door and rests her back against it. Her lips hold that sweet smile as she watches me grab my book and close my locker door as well. “Well, thanks again for the light. I guess I’ll see you around, Frank.”
She pushes herself away from the locker and begins walking down the hall, away from me.

It feels like a piece of me has left with her. In those thirty seconds, I felt complete. I need her to breathe. It’s hard to believe that one can love someone that they don’t personally know, but I do. I love this girl with every fiber of my being. I have felt this way since she moved to California almost a month ago, when I first set eyes on her.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. She walked into my classroom wearing a pale orange sundress with her hair; it was black then, in pigtails. The teacher told her to take a seat in the only desk open…the desk in front of mine. I spent the rest of the class staring at the back of her head, wishing she would turn around so I could see her pretty face once more. That was the first time I had ever had such strong feelings for a girl.

I must have been staring off into space for a few minutes. I hadn’t notice my best friend, Gerard, approach me.

“Frank, man, you still on Earth or have you found some mystical place inside that head of yours?” he laughs at his own joke, patting me roughly on my shoulder.

I shake my head, unsuccessfully trying to clear my thoughts. “She was here.”

“Did you speak to her?” Gerard questions.
He is aware of my infatuation with this girl whose name I still have not learned. He made fun of me quite a bit, accusing me of being obsessed and what not. It took him a while to realize how serious I really am about this girl and he eventually stopped with the jokes. He tries to give me advice on how to talk to her or steal her heart and he invites her to all the parties he has so I can get a chance to talk to her, but I don’t have the guts to follow through with it.

I nod my head, happily, “Briefly, but it was the best moment of my life. She knew my name.”
I feel the butterfly’s flying inside of my stomach, the same feeling I get after going down a deep drop on a rollercoaster.

Gerard chokes back a laugh, knowing it will only upset me if he made a joke about my first encounter with Jane Doe, “Well, she knows you exist. That’s a step closer to the prize, man. Did you find out her name?”

I shake my head, sadly. I don’t have a chance with her. I can’t even get up the courage to ask for her name. She dated Matt Edwards. Sure they broke up but I can’t compete with him. He has muscles that all the girls swoon over. I work out but it doesn’t really seem to do much. He is popular and is the most important player on the football team. I’m an awkward kid who smokes pot and plays my guitar. Why would she ever go from Matt to me?

Gerard sighs, pushing me towards the math room, one of two periods I’ve got with Jane Doe, “If it’s meant to be, Frank, it will happen. You can’t expect it to happen right away, though; just keep living life and be happy. Also, remember if you want her name I can give it to you.”

I quickly shake my head. It just won’t be the same if Gerard hands me her name without me doing any work to get it.

“I guess you’re right,” I agree, half-heartedly,” but I just wish she’d realize how great I’d be for her.”
Gerard rolls his eyes.

The rest of my day is spent thinking about the girl who has my heart, but has no idea how much she is breaking it.

Note: Wrote this chapter while watching Halloween, haha. I bet if I hadn't told you, you would have never guessed. I enjoy writing Frank this way even if he does seem overly obsessed. In a weird way I think it's kind of cute. Anyways...hope you enjoy. Leave a comment or rate to let me know. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story