Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

[A/N] - I dunno what ‘the don’ means and right now I’m in one of those moods where nothing seems to be going wrong… So I’ll try this without knowing what it means :L

“Gerard?” Lyn-z called “Could you come up here a second please? It’s kinda important.”
Gerard stood up and walked upstairs. His wife sounded pretty panicked and he didn’t like her panicking “Why are you in Frankie’s room?” Gerard asked “You know she’ll kill you if you find her in here without her.”
“She’s out at her piano recital.”
“I thought she didn’t want to learn piano.”
“I told her it’d be good experience!” Lyn-z rolled her eyes “But that’s not important, just look at this!”
Gerard took one of the small newspaper clippings that his wife was holding and began to read it.
About six months ago Gerard and Lyn-z had seen an article in a newspaper about a girl living in an orphanage because both her parents had been killed in an accident. The girl in the paper was called Francesca Corleone. Gerard and Lyn-z had decided to adopt her right there and then because they wanted an older sister for Bandit. But when they got her not everything had worked out the way they wanted it to…
When they first arrived at the orphanage, they asked to talk to Francesca. When she arrived in the room and Lyn-z smiled “Hi Francesca!” Francesca had nearly ripped her head off her shoulders.
Gerard managed to pull her off “What’s wrong?”
“Never, ever call me Francesca!” She had yelled “Call me Frankie.”
“A simple ‘call me Frankie’ would’ve been fine.” Lyn-z said, still in a state of shock.
Frankie sat down “I’m sorry. I just really hate being called that.”
“I’ll remember that.”
They’d talked for a while and in the end, Gerard and Lyn-z decided they’d love to adopt her. Obviously things hadn’t exactly gone smoothly. Frankie refused to talk about her past, sometimes Gerard accidentally called her something like ‘kiddo’ and she’d go mental. She only seemed to like being called Frankie.
There was another thing that really upset Lyn-z. Frankie refused to let her last name be ‘Way’. When they were sending an application to Frankie’s new school, Lyn-z had written down Francesca Way and ‘But ALWAYS call her Frankie’ in brackets.
Frankie had walked in and noticed it “My name’s not Frankie Way.” She told her “My last name’s Corleone.”
“But you live with us now, it should be ‘Way’.”
“No, it shouldn’t.” Frankie pouted “I like to be called by my real name.”
This had resulted in a huge argument which Frankie had won. Everyone at school knew her as Frankie Corleone.
Gerard read the small newspaper clipping he had in front of him.


Mr and Mrs Corleone were found dead last night at 7PM. The authorities are investigating whether or not it was murder. Their two children James (14) and Frankie (6) Corleone were nowhere to be found and are now suspects of the murder.

Gerard was shaking as he handed the piece of paper back to his wife “They were killed in an accident.” Gerard said shakily “Frankie told us they were killed in an accident.”
“But I’ve been reading all the newspaper clippings.” Lyn-z muttered, sitting down on Frankie’s bed “It was murder by some local enemies of the family. Frankie’s brother was then killed when she was fourteen. She lived with this family for a while who sent her to rehab because she was addicted to drugs. When she came out of rehab, they put her up for adoption. And that’s when we met her.”
“Oh my god.” Gerard didn’t know what to say.
Lyn-z was crying “What if her enemies were to have come here? We let her babysit Bandit by herself! Something could’ve easily happened!”
“Hey, don’t cry!” Gerard sat down next to his wife and hugged her close “Nothing bad did happen. It sounds like Frankie’s had a hard time. So shouldn’t we do our best to make it up to her?”
“We need to talk to her about this.” Lyn-z told him “This is something we need to talk about.”
Gerard didn’t reply. He was too busy thinking about something.

”You’ll be alright, won’t you?” Lyn-z asked for the fifth time “You know what to do if Bandit cries, right?”
Frankie nodded “We’ve been over this five times. I think I know what I’m doing, I have babysat before.”
Lyn-z nodded and kissed Frankie on the head “Thank you for agreeing to babysit for us.”
“It’s no problem.” Frankie replied.
Lyn-z walked out the door and Gerard simply waved at Frankie before leaving with her. Ten minutes down the road Gerard sighed heavily “I’ve left my wallet at home. You keep on walking, I’ll run back and get it.”
“Don’t you want me to come with you?”
“No, it’s okay, go and meet Jamia and Frank.” Gerard smiled “I’ll be there in a few minutes, don’t worry about me.”
“I’m worried about ME. What if I get mugged?”
Gerard laughed “You’re only two minutes away, you’ll be fine.” He kissed her forehead and walked home.
He pushed open the door silently and shut it behind him just as quietly. He tip-toed up the stairs. He couldn’t hear any noise anywhere. Had Frankie gone out and left Bandit alone?
Gerard pushed open Bandit’s door silently. He heard Frankie gasp inside. Gerard switched on the light and stepped inside. Frankie was sitting in the rocking chair in Bandit’s room with a sleeping Bandit in her arms.
Gerard stared at them for a moment before asking “What are you doing?”
“She was crying.” Frankie lied “I only just this minute got her back to sleep.”
“Why don’t you put her back in her crib then?”
“Oh yeah, I was just about to before you nearly gave me a panic attack!” Frankie laughed nervously, putting Bandit back into her crib.
She followed Gerard out onto the landing “You think I’m a weirdo, don’t you?”
“Of course I don’t.” Gerard replied “I do that sometimes as well.”
“Do what?”
“Hold Bandit even when she doesn’t need holding.” Gerard smiled at her “I love her so much.”
“I know.” Frankie said jealously “I wish my Dad could tell me he loved me one more time.”
Gerard was about to say something but Frankie stormed past him and downstairs before he could. Gerard shrugged it off, grabbed his wallet and walked out of the house without calling goodbye to Frankie.


Gerard was remembering that moment. He hadn’t told Lyn-z about that night. He hadn’t thought it was too important at the time.
Gerard stood up “What time does Frankie get back from her piano lesson?”
“In about ten minutes.” Lyn-z informed him “I think we should get out of her room. But bring the newspaper clippings so she can’t deny anything.”
Gerard nodded and they both grabbed a handful of newspaper clippings. They took them into the kitchen, spread them out across the table and sat down.
Gerard was still thinking about the memory of Frankie holding Bandit while Bandit was sleeping. But Lyn-z was thinking of a completely different memory.

”Are you sure you can’t come watch me tonight?” Gerard pouted “Frankie doesn’t mind babysitting Bandit, you know that.”
“I know but I’m feeling a bit tired.” Lyn-z smiled and gave Gerard a quick kiss on the cheek “Have fun and break a leg!”
“I’ll try!” Gerard laughed, giving Lyn-z a quick hug and running out the door so he wouldn’t miss the night’s concert.
Lyn-z wandered into the living room. Frankie was sitting on the sofa with Bandit on her lap, jiggling her up and down on her knee. Lyn-z smiled and sat next to them “So what do you girls wanna do tonight?”
“Do you wanna watch a film?” Frankie asked “We could watch something Orphan. I really like that movie.”
“You do?” Lyn-z wanted to know “I didn’t know you liked horror movies.”
“I’m not usually too keen on them.” Frankie giggled “But Orphan is probably my favourite movie ever.”
So together they put Bandit to bed and returned to the living room. Lyn-z got them a blanket while Frankie put the DVD into the DVD player. They got under the blanket and watched the movie.
Once it was over, Frankie stood up quickly “I’m going to bed now.” She muttered, running out of the room.
Lyn-z thought she was running out simply because like the girl in the film, she was an orphan. But she still didn’t understand it. She hadn’t murdered her parents after all. And she wasn’t going to harm them, was she? Lyn-z simply shrugged it off, not thinking it too important at the time.


Lyn-z kept thinking more and more about it, thinking that Frankie was a little like Ester out of Orphan. But she didn’t look anything like Ester. In the film Ester had had black curls whereas Frankie had ‘Frank revenge era’ hair with red sides and a fringe that flopped over one eye most of the time. Ester had looked like an innocent little girl whereas Frankie had ‘Emosexual and proud’, ‘Badass’, ‘Halloween’, ‘We are the fallen angels’ and ‘Mia famiglia’ tattooed on different areas of her body. The ‘Mia famiglia’ was probably the most personal one because it meant ‘My family’ in Sicilian (Frankie’s first language) which she had tattooed over her heart.
Suddenly the door opened and banged shut “I’m home!” Frankie shouted, not really caring that it was 8PM and way past Bandit’s bedtime. She could’ve woken her up but Frankie, unfortunately, was in one of those moods where she didn’t care about anybody else.
It was unfortunate that she was in one of those moods when Gerard and Lyn-z decided to confront her. If she had been in a good mood perhaps Frankie would’ve been more understanding. But when Frankie walked into the kitchen, saw all the newspaper clippings over the table and the stern faces of her adopted parents; she hit the roof “You went into my room!” Frankie screamed “How many times do I have to tell you not to go in there?”
“Frankie, you have to understand why we’re concerned.” Gerard said calmly “We’re sorry we went into your room but we need to talk about this.”
“I didn’t say you could go into my room!” Frankie shrieked “I hate you! I hate you so much!”

Down the road, Gerard’s best friend Frank Iero wasn’t having the best night either. “You could help me you know!” Jamia snapped “I practically do everything for Cherry and Lily!”
“I’m helping right now, aren’t I?” Frank asked, changing Cherry’s diaper “Could you please stop yelling at me?”
“You keep leaving home and leaving the babies to me!” Jamia sighed heavily “You keep leaving your own children.”
“I do it so that I can feed my own children.” Frank explained for what felt like the millionth time “I don’t see you ever working.”
Jamia laughed sarcastically “And who would look after Cherry and Lily then? You’re just full of good ideas, aren’t you Frank?”
“Oh leave me alone!” Frank cried “Why do you keep getting down on me? I can’t help having to work away! I’d take the girls with me but they’re too young! And I can’t help being tired when I come home. You don’t think that I wish I had energy?”
“Oh, you’re so hard done by.” Jamia replied sarcastically.
Frank glared at her “Would you quit with the sarcasm please?”
“No, I feel like being sarcastic.”
Jamia walked out of the room, having achieved getting Lily to fall asleep. Frank kept rocking Cherry back and forth but she wouldn’t stop crying “Oh dear lord, what’s wrong with you?”
“I don’t think she recognises you.” Jamia replied meanly, storming into the room and taking Cherry from her father “You’re never around for her to remember.”
“Oh get off my back!” Frank snapped as Jamia left the room.
Suddenly Frank heard a loud bang from down the street “That sounds like it came from Gerard’s house…” He muttered under his breath.
Deciding that he was having a terrible time at his own house, he grabbed his jacket and ran out the front door.

Frankie pulled two guns out of her jacket “Why couldn’t you just do what I asked?” She screeched “I told you that I didn’t wanna talk about my past! I told you I didn’t want you going into my room!”
“Put the guns away!” Lyn-z begged “We only want to help you!”
Frankie aimed one of the guns at her, the other one still pointed in the air. Gerard stood up and floored his wife as Frankie fired the gun which only just missed Gerard’s head. Gerard looked down at Lyn-z. On their way down to the floor, she’d hit her head on the table and was now unconscious.
Gerard rolled her under the table and looked up at Frankie “Please don’t do this!” He cried “We’re not judging you, we just want to help you!”
Frankie heard the door bang shut in the other room. She suddenly burst into tears “I asked you not to leave me alone!”
“Frankie!” Frank cried, running into the room. He put his hands on Frankie’s shoulders “Please put down the guns.”
Frankie blinked at him for a second for dropping them. Frank took her hand and pulled her out of the room “Put any other weapons you have onto the sofa.” Frank instructed.
Frankie was silent before finally pulling out fifteen other loaded pistols, one at a time, and chucking them onto the sofa and then five knifes out of her boots. Frank looked at her “Is that all?”
Frankie nodded and sat down onto the floor. Frank sat opposite her “I want you to tell me exactly what happened.”
Frankie told him everything that had happened. Frank took Frankie’s hands “They don’t wanna hurt you. They’re just concerned and you can understand why.”
“I-I don’t like talking about.” Frankie whimpered “It brings back bad memories.”
“I know it does.” Frank whispered “But obviously they were concerned. They have to know all about you, they have Bandit to think of as well.”
On cue, Bandit started crying upstairs. Frankie heard both her adopted parents footsteps up the stairs and looked at Frank “I’m not gonna hurt them.” Frankie mumbled “When I was shooting at them… I only did it because I was panicking.”
“What are they gonna do though now? How are they gonna calm you down when you get angry? Do they have to always be on the watch in case you decide to start shooting at them?”
“You want me to get rid of my weapons, don’t you?” Frankie asked “But what if my enemies come after me?”
“When was the last time you saw them?”
“Before I went to rehab.” Frankie admitted “But I’m always scared they’re gonna show up out of nowhere.”
“Just trust me,” Frank said “They won’t show up. And if they do, call me.”
“I’ll be dead before I can phone you.”
“They won’t show up!” Frank cried “Just trust me, okay Frankie?”
Frankie nodded “I trust you Frank.”
They both looked at each other for a moment and before they knew what was happening, they were kissing. Suddenly Frank pulled away “What am I doing? I have a wife!”
Frankie ignored the question and kissed him again. When they pulled away Frank mumbled “I love you Frankie, even though it’s slightly paedophilic.”
“I love you too!” Frankie replied “But… Like you said, you’re married.”
“She’s been doing my head in recently.” Frank admitted “I think we’ll be getting a divorce. And then when you’re old enough to move away from Gerard and Lyn, you can move in with me. Is that okay?”
Frankie nodded, smiling at him “You know…” She flushed bright red “That was my first kiss.”
“Really?” Frank asked “I wish I could say the same. But I’m married with two kids.”
Frankie burst out laughing and Frank smiled sweetly at her. “I’d better be going home.” Frank said, standing up “I need you to apologise to Gerard and Lyn-z for me. And I’ll be taking these weapons with me so you can’t use them. Please don’t go and get anymore.”
“It’s okay, I won’t.” Frankie replied “If I get tempted then I’ll phone you up. Is that okay?”
Frank nodded “I’ll see you later Sweetie.”
Frankie smiled. It was the first time someone had called her a pet name and she hadn’t gone ballistic. “Bye.”
Frank leaned over, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and left. Frankie smiled and walked upstairs to apologise to her adopted parents.

[A/N] – Thank you for requesting this Personal Story! :D No seriously, I have had one of the worse days ever and writing this has somehow put me into one of the best moods ever. Probably cause I’m kinda proud of this FanFic:) I’m sorry I didn’t really get what ‘the don’ meant or whatever :3 And sorry I didn’t describe more about your backstory/looks but I don’t really do descriptions :D Hope you liked it!
Sign up to rate and review this story