Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 17

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2011-11-23 - 448 words

0Unrated
Ever since he arrived back home, Ponyboy was laying in bed reading a book but he found himself staring at the same page minutes at a time because he couldn’t focus on the story. His mind kept going back to his encounter with Cherry.

He sighed heavily before shaking his head, trying to shake the thoughts away as he turned the page and concentrated on the book.

“Ponyboy!”

Pony jumped when his brother shouted his name and then rolled his eyes when Sodapop appeared in the doorway.

“What?” He asked, irritably.

“Did you go to the store?”

“Uhh…” Pony then remembered Darry’s note asking either him or Soda to pick up some things at the grocery store.

“You forgot?” Soda asked.

“Why didn’t you go?”

“I’ve been at work all day?”

“Work? I saw what you do at work.”

Soda’s brows furrowed in confusion and amusement.

“What are you saying?”

“All you do is mess around with Steve.”

“I do work, smartass.”

“Whatever, grease monkey.”

Then with lightning fast quickness, Soda leap at Ponyboy, grabbing his ankle with one hand and tickled his foot with the other.

Ponyboy shrieked and laughed, kicking at Soda and waving his book, frantically trying to knock him upside the head to get him to stop.

"hahaha Soda -no,no, please-hahaheheheeeeee"

Soda simply smiled and stood up, pulling Ponyboy into a lying position as he continued to tickle his feet. Ponyboy realized that he probably wouldn't stop for a while, so he threw the book at him.

Soda stopped tickling Pony's feet but lost balance and fell on his back. Pony took the advantage and jumped off the bed, landing on Soda. He then began tickling his ribs and sides causing Soda to laugh hysterically.

Pony then leaned back and starting tickling Sodapop's feet.

"Give up?" Pony asked.

"Y….Y-Yes!" Soda managed to say.

"Say uncle."

"Un...uncle!"

"Yay, I win."

Ponyboy stopped tickling Sodapop and put his hands on his shoulders, continuing to hold him down. Sodapop had lost too much energy to fight back so he just layed there and tried catching his breath. Pony grinned down at him.

"You okay?"


Soda finally caught his breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Pony got up and also grabbed Soda's hand, pulling him up too.

"Heh, I finally beat you." Pony realized.

"Yeah, yeah. Just remember I'm still your older brother."

Sodapop then grabbed Pony's head in a headlock and gave him a noogie.

"Hey stop!" Ponyboy laughed.

“Come on, let’s go to the store.”

“Fine.”

Soda grabbed his shoes while Pony got ready. Soda grabbed Darry’s list from the kitchen and the two of them headed out.
Sign up to rate and review this story