Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 18

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-12 - Updated: 2012-03-12 - 374 words

0Unrated
Ponyboy and Sodapop continued their way down the street heading to the store but something made Pony keep looking over his shoulder. Finally, sure enough he was able to spot a blue mustange following them.

"Soda."

"What?"

"Socs are following us."

Soda quickly turned his head and once the socs knew that they were made they quickly sped up and stopped right in front of them.

"Is is the socs from the bowling alley?" Soda asked.

"I think so."

Four socs got out of the car and Pony exhaled deeply knowing that he and his brother couldn't take all of them.

"Hey greasers." One of them began as they all stepped up in front of them. "That was real funny getting us kicked out of that bowling alley."

"Really?" Soda laughed. "I mean, I thought it was funny but I'm surprised you guys did because you got your asses kicked."

That was all it took for the group of socs to come at them. Soda got off one good hit before he was taken down. Pony didn't even get a chance to get a shot off as a soc grabbed him from behind and held his arms behind his back, allowing another soc to punch him in the face.

The other two socs had ganged up on Soda but luckly before they could do too much damage a voice yelled out;

"Stop! Break it up!"

Pony managed to look over and saw two policemen running over towards them. The socs let them go and tried to run but it was too late. They were caught and pushed up against the wall, ordered by the officers to put their hands behind their back.

Soda wiped a bit of blood from his lip and got back to his feet.

"Enjoy your jail cell for the night, boys." He taunted.

"You two don't move." The second officer then said to him and Ponyboy. "You're under arrest too."

"What? We were the ones attacked!"

However, his complaint fell on deaf ears. The two brothers were soon shoved in the backseat of a police car. Pony gave his brother a scared look but Soda shook his head.

"We'll be alright, Pony."

"Whats going to happen when Darry finds out?"
Sign up to rate and review this story