Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Fifteen: Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us

by ZombieSlayer13x 3 reviews

New chapter! I'm trying to get one out once a day now that I'm on break. R&R? THANKS!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2013-07-03 - 1293 words - Complete

1Exciting
*A/N: Double updates? Perhaps. Hmm……..this title doesn’t fit. Oh well.

:X



Chapter Fifteen: Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us


So far, Sonic had been driving for almost two days. She knew she still had two or more ahead of her. She just hoped she’d get there before anything happened to anyone.

It had taken Sonic a good hour or so of driving to get a handle on Toxic’s bike, now her only concern was crashing it. She was already in a lot of trouble for doing this; she didn’t want to make it even worse. Sonic felt free. It was just her on the wide open road. No one telling her what to do, she could be alone to her own thoughts; she could be in control for once.

She looked down at the bike and noticed that she was almost out of gas. Sonic groaned and sped up, her eyes scanning the horizon for a gas station. She spotted one up ahead and pulled in. The open sign on the door still blinked every once and a while, a couple of the lights had blown out.

Sonic cautiously took out her ray gun and hid her bike around back. She made her rounds and checked the gas station for any signs of dracs or other killjoys. Her boots would occasionally squeak on the dusty tile floor. Each time they did she would inwardly curse to herself.

Just then the shelf behind her crashed to the ground, she dived behind a counter and pointed her ray gun. Sonic quickly peeked around the counter and came face to face with a young girl. She looked about Sonic’s age. She had shoulder length, dyed orange hair, and icy blue eyes. Sonic hesitantly stood up, she stood the same height as this mysterious girl.

She had faded black skinny jeans on with some holes in them, a plain grey tank top on, then a stars and stripes hoodie. She had worn boots on and a ray gun holster at her side.

“Who are you?” Sonic asked uncertainly.

“Raezorr Storm. Call me Raezorr. Shouldn’t I be the one asking questions?” the girl asked with a laugh.

Sonic smiled, “Fair enough. I’m Sonic Sunrise; you can call me Sonic though.”

“Nice to meet you,” Raezorr said tucking a strand of her orange hair behind her ear.

“Likewise.”

“What did you want? This place is already claimed, it’s my home.”

Sonic put her hands up in defense, “I had no intentions of taking this place, I just needed gas. I don’t think my bike will make it to the next station.”

“I see, fine. There is some gas left at pump three. You can fill up. Don’t expect to stay here long though.”

“Okay, thanks.” Sonic said. ‘Gee, what a nice girl,’ she thought sarcastically to herself.

Sonic walked outside, throwing a few more hesitant glances at Raezorr. She went around back and brought her bike to the pump, filling its tank all the way. When she was done she went back in to thank the girl. Sonic found her sitting on the counter, an old radio in her hands. She was listening to Dr. D’s channel.

“Anything new?” Sonic asked conversationally.

“No,” Raezorr replied, her eyes glued to the radio.

Sonic listened intently:

“Hey all you crash queens and motor babes. I hope y’all static took my advice and are stayin’ on the run, or else that big ball of static radiation we call the sun; it’ll burst you into flames if you stay in one place too long. I’m chillin’ here with Show Pony static; we’re pumpin' out the slaughter-mastic sounds to keep you live!

-cue Na Na Na-

-approximately four minutes later-

“Hey y’all, I hate to interrupt your rock and rolling for some breaking news, motor babies. static Looks like we have ourselves a little dust storm coming in tonight, if you know what’s good for you, you won’t go outside. Stay safe, and keep running. Dr. D out.”

Sonic looked at Raezorr expectantly. Even Dr. D has said it; stay inside. There was no way she could kick Sonic out, not into the unforgiving desert they now called home.

Raezorr Storm turned her back on Sonic, gently putting the radio away on a shelf behind the counter, “You want to stay, don’t you?”

“Well, I’d hate to be pushy, but it would be nice. I’ve been on the road the past two days straight with no rest or anything. Also, you heard Dr. D, you’d be crazy to go into a dust storm.”

Raezorr stared Sonic down, her gaze a tad unnerving, “Fine,” she finally spat, “But you better be outta here before I wake up tomorrow.” With that said she waltzed to the back of the shop and into a little room. Sonic guessed it was her bedroom.

“Am I supposed to sleep in here?” Sonic called back to her. Raezorr’s response was slamming the door, “Okie dokie…” Sonic muttered under her breath. She looked out the window, it was dusk. In the distance she could make out the so called dust storm. It was headed her way.

This would be a long night.

~~~~~

Sonic awoke the next morning. It was early; the sun was just starting to come over the mountains. She looked around; Raezorr’s door was still shut. Sonic got up as gently as she could, then looked around the store for a pencil and paper. Once she found some she proceeded to write a note for Raezorr:

Hey,

I know that we didn’t talk much, and that I wasn’t really welcomed here, but I wanted to say thank you. There are a lot of things you could have done last night, but you let me stay in here with you. Thanks for letting me use your gas pump too : )

Sonic Sunrise


Sonic put the note on the counter in plain sight then undid all the bolts on the door, looking back at Raezorr’s door from time to time making sure she didn’t wake her.

Once she was outside and free so rushed to her bike, or tried too. The sand was a good six inches, give or take a few inches, higher than it was the day before. Sonic trudged her way through the sand and around back to get her bike. She had no clue how she was getting her bike to the road. Even that was covered with sand.

Upon finding the bike she groaned.

Sand, everywhere.

She hoped that none of it was in a place it shouldn’t be. She pushed the bike up to the road with all her strength. The road itself was only covered a few inches thankfully. Sonic dusted off the bike best she could, then hopped on and revved the engine, praying.

The first time it stalled.

The second time she held her breath and crossed her fingers, and then ever so slowly, she turned the key.

The engine sputtered and then kicked to life!

She let out a silent cheer and then she was off. She gave the gas station one good, hard look, and then turned around, never looking back.

She was on her way to Battery City, there was no turning back now.

R&R? Thanks! It means a lot

Yeah yeah, hate me hate me. This chapter ISN’T about Cigarette Kiss and the others. I’m doing what those other annoying authors do. THEY ALTERNATE STORIES ON YOU!!!! Grrr…..J.R.R Tolkien, YES I’M TALKIN’ TO YOU!

:X

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story