Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Seventeen: Black Dragon Fighting Society

by ZombieSlayer13x 3 reviews

HAPPY THANKSGIVING (or Thursday) WITH A NEW CHAPTER! :X

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-11-24 - Updated: 2011-11-24 - 3116 words - Complete

2Exciting
*A/N: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! For those of you that don’t celebrate that may be reading this, HAPPY THURSDAY!

OMG can you believe it’s been a full year and two days since Danger Days came out? I remember I was on Thanksgiving break and actually set my alarm so I could wake up and buy it.

Okay, this chapter is, how do we say? The climax I guess, or at least leading up to it. Everyone’s path is officially crossing. Enjoy! :X



Chapter Seventeen: Black Dragon Fighting Society


One hour and eight breakfasts later, the team was finally beginning to warm up to Revolver. Once you got past her rough, hostile, sarcastic, and homicidal exterior, she was pretty cool.

“Okay, okay,” said Sunny who was almost in tears laughing, “So once you knocked out the nurse, you stole her clothes! I can’t believe no one noticed you. It’s not like you exactly blend in.”

Revolver started laughing as well, “I know right?! God, Better Living Industries is stupid. They practically let me waltz out the freaking door.”

The others laughed, “Maybe it really is for the better that we’re taking them down,” Cyanide said.

“Ya think?” Sunny said. They laughed some more.

“Okay guys, I hate to be a killjoy, no pun intended, but we need to focus,” said Corpse as she walked in the room, Apocalyto at her heels.

“Yes boss,” Toxic said with a mock salute.

Corpse shot her a look, “I’d love to live like this forever too, but we can’t. We’ve gotten too far and put too much on the line to just quit.”

The others nodded.

Corpse spread a rough blue-print of BL/ind on the table, “Okay, our plan was to enter here,” she pointed to a crudely drawn excuse for a tunnel on the far side of the building, “We may have some problems though, at one point it has an almost ninety degree slope upwards. It’s going to be a pain in the ass to climb.”

“Well, love, that’s what these are for,” Cyanide said with a smirk, pulling three sets of grappling hooks from his backpack.

“Where on earth did you get those?!” Corpse exclaimed.

“Lady Madness let me take them before we left.”

“Oh she did, did she?” Cigarette Kiss said, a hint of suspicion in his voice, “I’ll have to have a long talk with her when we get back…”

IF we get back,” Toxic corrected.

Everyone stared at her.

“Yeaaah, so once we get past the tunnel we’ll come in contact with a metal door. The people that made the tunnel sealed it off. There’s a special pass code, thankfully Apocalyto has that and has been generous enough to give it to us.

After we get through the door it’ll take us here,” she motioned to a small closet, “this is a supply closet in the basement. It’s rarely used. From that closet we somehow have to make it up three floors without being seen or compromised," she said a she traced the path with her finger. "Once we do that, our jobs are pretty straight forward.”

The team nodded.

“Sounds good,” said Revolver, clapping her hands together.

“When is all this going down?” Sunny asked.

“Tomorrow,” Cyanide said, “So rest up and get ready. Elder, Sunny, you guys have our routes memorized?”

“Like my own name!” Sunny said proudly. Elder nodded in agreement.

“Good,” Cyanide said, nodding his head approvingly.

“Let’s do this thing,” Cigarette Kiss said gathering his weapons up off the table.

~~~~~

Sonic was making good time. She could see the faint outline of Battery City. It should only tak a few more hours to reach it.

She had her team's plan memorized. She knew how they got into the city, their plan to take BL/ind down, and how they were planning on getting out. The only thing she didn’t know was where this “safe house” was.

She’d figure it out as she went along.

Hopefully.

~~~~~

Apocalyto was in a serious discussion with Corpse, “You’re sure this will work?”

Corpse looked at her team, they were out of earshot and chatting happily, “It has too.”

“I hope for your sake's, you’re right.”

Corpse nodded curtly.

~~~~~

The sun was starting to go down. Dusk was approaching. Sonic had finally come upon Battery City. She was less than an hour away. That’s when she spotted them, hidden behind a gas station (what was it with killjoys and gas stations?) was Cigarette Kiss’s bike and the hummer. Sighing, Sonic decided it would be safest to put her (well, Toxic’s) bike there as well.

Once she was done covering it up, she made her way towards Battery City, maintaining a steady jog. The last place she wanted to be was on the wrong side of the fence at night.

As she neared the fence she remembered her team’s plans. They entered at the dump. Running down the perimeter of the fence, Sonic strained her eyes to see any evidence that her team was there, hoping to find it before her last ounces of daylight were up.

Finally, she found the gaping hole Cyanide, she assumed, made in the fence. That was when the smell hit her. She almost threw up, but managed to swallow it back down.

Quickly, Sonic scampered through the fence, the smell was even worse on the other side. She used night as her cover and tried to find the exit/entrance as soon as possible.

Silently, Sonic took out her ray gun, seeing a drac in the toll booth. She crept over to it, keeping her eyes out for other dracs or worse. Upon further inspection though, she found the drac to be dead already.

Her team mustn’t be that far ahead of her.

Sonic pressed the button in the booth too open the gates, and then ran inside the city. Navigating her way down a maze of streets, she located the store that Corpse said they were going to loot. The door was locked, of course. She picked it easily; once she was inside she discovered a problem. She didn’t know how to disable alarms and security cameras, so she settled for another option.

She took a pole from a mannequin to rip out the cameras. Then she smashed the alarm system. When Sonic was done she snagged a new, clean BL/ind uniform.

Once she was situated she tied her hair back and put a cap over it to hide her, now growing out, green streaks.

She looked around; there was nothing else there for her. She left the shop, locking the door behind her. Just as she turned around she came face to face with four dracs.

“Shit...” she muttered before drawing her ray gun.

They all shot at her at once, Sonic in response ducked down, their ray blasts shattering the storefront window behind her, the sound of cracking glass piercing the night.

Sonic swept the legs out from under one drac while simultaneously shooting the second. The third made a grab for her; in response she automatically turned the gun on it and fired. All that was left was the last one. It latched onto Sonic’s arm and pulled her close. Sonic pulled her arm while twisting her body, succeeding in throwing the drac through the other storefront window. As the first drac on the ground attempted to get up, Sonic shot it dead. She had no mercy, and no remorse.

That is what life in the zone’s does to you.

~~~~~

The team was beginning to wind down for the night. They were all gathered in Apocalyto’s living room watching the news, checking to see if anything exciting happened.

Suddenly their program was interrupted:

“We’re sorry to interrupt your program, but we bring you breaking news. There has been an alleged break in and robbery at a clothing store on 36th street. Four patrolmen are reported dead. The assailant is claimed to be a teenage girl. She is very slim and has pale skin. Her height is approximated as five foot two inches. She has short black hair, with a cap over it to disguise herself. She is wearing a standard Better Living uniform with black combat boots.

Please, if you see this girl, turn her in. She is armed and considered extremely dangerous. Failure to do so will result in immediate arrest.

Thank you."


The team stared at the TV in awe.

“You don’t think…” Sunny started.

“No it can’t be,” Toxic said, her tone incredulous.

“She wouldn’t,” Corpse said, her tone calm, with a hint of anger.

“Apparently, she would love,” Cyanide said with a chuckle.

“Now what?” Cigarette Kiss asked.

Everyone was silent.

“I’m guessing she’s with you?” Revolver said, breaking the silence.

~~~~~

Sonic was running through Battery City now. She was trying to find somewhere safe to rest. Her wound had re-opened on her arm when she flipped the one drac over. Thankfully the jacket was acting as a bandage.

She just hopped no one saw her take down the dracs, at least not until morning.

~~~~~

“Okay,” so now what do we do?” Corpse said aloud, pacing the room, “We can’t just leave her alone out there to wreak havoc on Battery City, but we have to go through with the mission!" she sat down, putting her head in her hands, “We told her not to come.”

“What if some of us went out tonight and tried to detain her?” Toxic offered.

“We can’t do another scavenger hunt. See how well the last one went?” Cyanide said.

“We can’t just sit here and do nothing!” Sunny said with an exasperated sigh.

She’s right. Elder wrote.

While the team was deep in thought, Apocalyto entered the room, “I’ll go,” she said.

All heads turned to her, “No, you’re the hostess, you shouldn’t be running around chasing our kin,” Corpse said.

“No, I want to. I haven’t seen action in a looong time. This place is driving me insane!” she said with a chuckle.

“Are you sure about this?” Corpse asked.

“Yeah, just leave it all to me!”

The team looked at her uncertainly, “Okay if you say so.”

Apocalyto left and retreated to her room.

I’m going too. Elder wrote.

“No,” Corpse said firmly.

But I can help, she’s like my sister. If she’s hurt...

“Look, I know you want to help, but we need you on this mission with us tomorrow. We can’t just assume we’ll find her overnight.”

Elder made a motion to write more, “No Elder,” Corpse said again, “Please, we need you. Please stay,” she begged.

Elder gave her a hard, long look, and then looked at the team.

Fine. He wrote. You could tell he was still unhappy.

About fifteen minutes later Apocalyto came back out. She leaned against the doorway while the team gaped at her.

She was dressed in dark blue skinny jeans with a yellow vest on. On top of that she had a black leather jacket with some sort of signs on both shoulders. The back of her jacket was adorned with a radioactive sign with gas mask in the middle. She had a simple pair of black converse on her feet. As she stood in the doorway she calmly pulled on a pair of yellow fingerless biker gloves. At her waist was a ray gun holster. The shiny black end of her ray gun could be seen sticking out a little.

“Now, are you SURE you’re okay with this?” Corpse asked once again. She felt terrible for making Apocalyto go look for Sonic.

“Positively!” was Apocalyto’s cheerful reply. Suddenly her face turned serious, “Now, I may not be back by the time you guys leave tomorrow, if I’m not then good luck. I like you guys. I really do. I don’t want to see you all ghosted.”

“Likewise,” Corpse said, “Good luck and thanks, for everything.”

Apocalyto nodded solemnly, “If I find her I’ll bring her back here, or smuggle her out of the city and steer her home.”

Now it was Corpse’s turn to nod. Apocalyto said her goodbyes to the rest of the team, and then was out the door.

“You think we’ll see her again?” Sunny asked.

“Of course,” said Corpse, her eyes still on the door Apocalyto vanished through moments ago.

~~~~~

Once Apocalyto was on the other side of the door, she let out a sigh. This was going to be a very long night.

She decided to head over towards the shop where Sonic had her standoff. Maybe she’d be lucky and meet her on her way over.

~~~~~

Sonic was frantic at this point. She had come in contact with more and more patrol squads. She knew she was found out. She didn’t know how much longer she could hold out. At one point a helicopter actually flew past her.

She was running when she came in contact with an abandoned apartment building. Even for being abandoned it still looked neat and shiny, so much like the rest of Battery City. She tried the door, of course it was locked. She reached into her jacket and pulled out a small toolset. Unraveling it, it revealed an array of items used to pick locks. After examining the lock, she chose a simple hairpin.

After playing with the lock for a couple minutes it finally gave. She ran in and slammed the door behind her, turning the dead bolt too. She took out her ray gun and checked the first floor, it was clean. Sonic then proceeded to make her way upstairs.

She checked the three bedrooms and the two baths, each were clean. The inhabitants of the house must have recently moved out. Sonic decided to use the master bedroom as her hideout.

When she walked inside, the sight that met her made her change her mind.

The crisp white sheets of the bed were stained crimson by blood. The wall had some splatters on it as well.

Sonic shuddered. So this is what BL/ind did to the people that rebelled against them. She exited the room, quietly closing the door, and then made her way down the hall to the room at the back of the house. Once inside she threw her jacket and backpack on the bed and closed the door, locking it.

She slid down the door, putting her head in her hands. She was in so much trouble once her team found out, unless the dracs beat them to it.

~~~~~

Down in Apocalyto’s hideout Corpse was having second thoughts, “I should never have let her go out alone. If something happens...”

“It’s not your fault, she offered to go. If she didn’t want to she wouldn’t have spoken up,” Revolver said.

Corpse made a noise of irritation.

“Besides, you can’t do anything now, love. We have to move forward with the mission,” Cyanide said.

“I guess you’re right,” Corpse said, sitting down, “I just hope Sonic’s okay. Out there all alone.”

“She’s fine!” Toxic said, “She’s a smart girl, she’s capable of handling herself.”

~~~~~

Apocalyto was having the most fun she’s had in months. She kept running into more and more patrol squads. She knew that Sonic must be close, or she was at least on the right path.

She finally reached the store where Sonic’s break-in was. There were dead dracs being hualed away by ambulances and some police on the scene. Apocalyto surveyed this from an alleyway. She took out her headset and tuned it in, eavesdropping from afar:

“No commander, we don’t know where she went. A patrol squad said they might have seen her heading east, but they weren’t sure,” a young officer told her superior.

“Well, they’d better be. We can’t afford to spend too much time on this, especially not after subject 210 escaped from the hospital,” the superior said, scolding the officer.

“What if we can’t find either?” the young man said hesitantly.

His superior pulled him close, “Then they’ll ghost us,” without another word he released the man, and then stalked away.

Apocalyto took her headset off and slumped down against the wall. Things like this snapped her back into reality. She remembered why she became a killjoy in the first place. Innocent people were dying because of them, and BL/ind was responsible for it. They had to be stopped.

~~~~~

Sonic made sure the windows and doors were locked before collapsing on the bed, exhausted from the day’s events. She checked her watch; it was one in the morning. She groaned. She needed to find her team and fast before something bad happened.

She took her backpack off the bed and gently laid it on the floor. She couldn’t take all the weapons she borrowed from Cig’s team with her, so she put the necessities in her pack. It was spacious enough to fit what she needed.

Sonic took her BL/ind disguise off then walked into the bathroom and washed up. She was so thankful for running water in that moment. When she was done she laid back down on the bed and fell into a deep slumber, unaware of the chaos going on around her.

~~~~~

Apocalyto was becoming frustrated. She had spent the past two hours scouring the city for Sonic, she couldn’t find her anywhere on the streets, which meant she had found somewhere to hide. There was no time to check every single abandoned building in Battery City.

Frustrated, Apocalyto retreated to a nearby rooftop to set up base. She took out her walkie talkie and flipped it on. She said two simple words before turning it back off.

“No go.”

~~~~~

Corpse sat down with a sigh. Apocalyto had just told them she couldn’t find Sonic. Corpse was hoping she would find her before they left on the mission, that way they could at least have some peace of mind.

“Hey, she’ll find her, don’t get so uptight,” Cyanide said putting his hand of Corpse’s shoulder. Corpse brushed his hand off and got up.

“I hope you’re right.”

Let’s just say, no one got enough sleep that night.

*A/N: Well, my freaky darlings….I hope you liked it! :D R&R? Pwetty Pwease? Thanks!

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story