Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Living the dream

Someone special in the crowd

by internet-princess 3 reviews

Emily's first MCR concert, surely nothing bad could happen?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-11-30 - Updated: 2011-11-30 - 1132 words - Complete

0Unrated
Here ya go guys, enjoy! R&R? xo

Emily’s POV
I stood waiting at the barrio for ages, people came piling in, I heard some fans say stuff like ‘why was she in here so early?’ but I just ignored them. I started to feel slightly nervous as everyone around me was ten times taller and I was the only one there on my own, before even the first few acts came on I started feeling sick and almost text Gerard asking if I could go backstage.
People tried to shove and push me but I held onto the barrier tight, I wasn’t going to let them ruin this night for me, I text Frank, ‘CROWDS ROUGH x’ I waited for a reply and started putting my phone away when it vibrated, ‘YOU OKAY? xo’ he replied, ‘YEAH I GUESS. WHEN YOU GUYS ON? X” I sent back. The lights went down and a band walked on so I put my phone away. I didn’t know the first band, but a lot of people did and I was given dirty looks because I didn’t know the words.
Two amazing support acts later I was certain I was bruised from head to toe and I had gathered that not many people in the crowd liked me. The entire room went black and some people started moving around on stage, being at the front I could tell it was Ray and Frank checking something with their guitars, other people guessed too and were screaming and cheering and jumping with excitement.
I was about to burst with excitement but I was saving it for when they come on stage, I was so excited a massive grin came on my face and I couldn’t stop, my cheeks started hurting. After being again pushed and bashed a guitar started playing, then another guitar joined and then finally the bass.
After the beginning to nana had been played for a while, Gerard jumped on the stage and then the dums kicked in, the whole crowd sang ‘nanana’
“Drugs gimme drugs gimme drugs” Gerard started singing,
I screamed and jumped and fangirled for the entire song, when it finished I was really out of breathe,
“Hi” Gerard said into the mic, smiling and breathing heavily “Now I want you all to know that there is somebody very special to me in this crowd…” he paused and looked for me “and I heard she was being a bit bashed up out there” the crowd gasped as he Gerard said ‘she’, he laughed “lets make sure she has a great fucking time tonight” the crowd yelled, “this songs called The Kids from Yesterday”
I joined in with the crowds cheering and jumping when the song started playing, as Gerard started singing I saw him glance over at me and smile, I was too busy smiling and singing to smile back but I tried.
The next song they played was Planetary (Go!), and then Sing and then Helena. I panicked a little bit when they started playing Helena but I managed to keep in control, they then played Famous Last Words and I couldn’t help but cry just a little bit, and after that they played Teenagers and I lost it, I was crying and smiling and jumping and single every last word. It was the happiest moment of my life.
Just before the song ended I began to feel dizzy, my head felt like it was about to explode and my heart had dropped into my lungs and it felt like I was having a heart attack. I couldn’t control my breathing and was heavily hyperventilating, I tried to get notice of one of the security guards on the other side of the barrier but he couldn’t hear me. I began to panic. The song ended and Gerard started speaking,
“Thank you so much for coming out tonight guys, it means so much to us. We love you all and believe in every single one of you, never forget that!”
He must’ve looked down at me and saw that I wasn’t okay,
“Hey girl on the barrier…Are you okay?” I lifted my head up and looked at him, “Somebody help her she looks really ill”
The crowd around me gave me dirty looks and one of the security guards came over and lifted me up, Gerard and the guys started playing Welcome To The Black Parade and I kick myself for not being in the crowd.
The security guard carried me to the outside of the stage and put me down, I sat down on the floor and caught my breathe and then Meddy came to find me,
“Emily are you okay!” he asked worriedly,
“Yeah I just had a bit of a panic attack” I said as he helped me up,
“You sure?”
“Yeah, can I have some water?”
We walked backstage and sat me down on one of the chairs and asked somebody to go and get me some water. Also sitting backstage on the chairs was Blink-182, they looked at me and smiled and I smiled back and they went back to talking to each other.
A girl with blonde came running handing me a bottle of water and I took a few sips,
“You okay?” Meddy asked again,
“Yeah I’m fine, sorry for causing drama”
“It’s okay we just can’t have anything bad happen to you”
“I just had a panic attack or something, all the excitement got to my head”
Meddy laughed, “As long as you’re okay”
Gerard was the first to run through the backstage doors, followed by Frank, Mikey and Ray,
“Are you okay!!!?” Gerard asked, almost jumping on the seat next to me wrapping his arm around me,
“Yes Gerard I’m fine!” I insisted,
“I had no idea it was you! What happened?”
“I just had an excitement rush or something, I’m fine now seriously”
Blink-182 stood up and went to get ready for their set,
“Great set today guys!” One said to Gerard,
“Thanks Tom, goodluck for your show” he replied,
Tom laughed and carried on getting ready for his set. I snuggled into Gerard and he squeezed me and kissed me on the head,
“Gerard—“ I began to ask,
“You can call me Gee ya know” he said, I blushed
“Okay then…Gee, can fans get round the back for signings and stuff?”
“Er I don’t know, I guess so…why?”
“D’ya reckon you could do me a favour?”
“I guess so…what is it?”
“Go and meet some of them”
“I can try…why?”
“I know that it will make them happy”
Gerard laughed, “ I’ll see what I can do”
Sign up to rate and review this story