Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Damned and Divine

Rock A By Baby

by Vengefulscout 2 reviews

Chilling sounds of a child's rhyme.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-12-04 - Updated: 2011-12-04 - 1048 words

1Ambiance
Okay, this isn’t anyone’s ghost audition but I was sitting in Maths class and I was like “OMGEE! It would be creepy as hell if this happened!” So, this is it :)
*]
[*Emily ;)


“ARGH! RAY THAT HURTS!”

Cries and yells came from downstairs and bounced round the house. The band were downstairs, Mikey decided he wanted to stay in his room, a photo frame clutched to his body which was shivering.

Frank had been carried downstairs by Bob who had taken off his jacket which now had some of Frank’s blood staining it. Ray had blood on his hands too as he tried to clean Frank’s wound, Frank screaming in pain as he did.

“RAY! STOP IT PLEASE!” He shrieked for the 5th time.
“Frank! Calm down!” Ray cried over his shouts “I’m done!” Frank’s yelling subsided and Ray grabbed a bandage, wrapping it round Frank’s chest.

Gerard was sitting by himself as Bob and Ray were trying to help Frank. He sat on the couch, hands together, arms on his legs and he was staring at the floor.

Gerard felt so powerless against these ghosts and demons or whatever came through the board without their knowledge and, with a horrible lurch of his stomach, knew he couldn’t shield Frank, Ray and Bob of the phantoms but, with an even worse feeling, he couldn’t protect Mikey, his own little brother. The ghosts had basically brought Gerard to his knees.

Then, without warning, a sound reached their ears. It was an eerie, creepy, haunting sound, something that chilled every figure in the room to the bone, something that made all the bodies in the room freeze. Simultaneously, all 4 of them looked up to the ceiling as the sound was now forming words.

“Rock a by baby on the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle an all”

The noise made Gerard shake and quake terribly; making his insides go cold and he even felt goose bumps rise on his neck and arms. It was the same thing they had been hearing over the past few days, a simple, lone voice singing a melody. But, this voice was different, it seemed to be more humanoid and it was so familiar it made Gerard’s skin crawl.

All eyes still faced the ceiling where the sound was coming from, the floor above belonging to the member who was not present.

Gerard very slowly stood up, his eyes not averting from the spot. The others boys copied him, scared and worried about what was going on. Gerard didn’t really care for the ghosts or whatever was happening, he was more concerned about the person they were going to find.
They moved, oh so slowly, to the staircase, Bob gulping a little but, when Gerard looked at him, his face was not showing any fear.

Gerard’s foot hit the first step and the climbed, one step after another, making barely a sound and after about a minute, which seemed like an hour, they reached the top, the singing floating down the hallway.

“Rock a by baby on the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle an all”

Gerard didn’t care for his fears anymore, didn’t care that he could get hurt, didn’t care if a ghost would rip him apart, he wanted to make sure his brother was okay. He walked quickly down the hall, his eyes full of determination and stood in front of Mikey’s door. The sounds were coming from in there. Gerard gripped the door handle, uttered from his dry mouth “Mikey!” and opened the door.

“Rock a by baby on the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle an all”

It was a classic ghost story scene. The scenes which send chills down your body, that make your heart-beat go off the chain and make blood run cold. Mikey was sitting crossed-legged on the bed, his arms embracing his knees, facing away from the door and the band members, rocking back and forth like a child, repeating the same lyrics over and over in a strange, eerie voice.

Gerard froze in the doorway, not knowing to go up to Mikey or stay here at a safe distance. The other boys looked terrified as “Mikey” sang the tune and the song pierced their skin. Gerard couldn’t stand here and watch. He went into the room quickly, grabbed his brother’s shoulders which were as cold as ice and turned him round so they faced each other. Gerard gasped.

Mikey was pale, very pale, more than his usual skin tone. His mouth was split into a joyful, child-like grin of happiness and his eyes were closed. He still rocked as Gerard turned him and still kept on saying the words. Gerard didn’t know what to do but he knew that something had taken control over Mikey.

“Mikey! Mikey, it’s Gerard!” Gerard said loudly, shaking his brother’s shoulders. Mikey didn’t seem to hear him, he carried on smiling and his lids were shut. “Mikey! Wake up! Please!” Gerard cried, gripped his brother’s face and made his closed eyes face him; tears were brimming in Gerard’s. From the doorway, Gerard heard

“Mikey, It’s us!”
“Wake up buddy!”
“It’s your friends”
“Mikey!”

But Mikey still didn’t change his movements. Gerard, taking his hands off his brother and gripping the bed railing and, with fear in his heart, screamed “Get out of Mikey! Leave him alone! Whoever has taken over Mikey, GET OUT!”

The boys all heard sudden whispers of an unfamiliar and alien language and a sudden chill surrounded them and then, as soon as it started, it was gone. Mikey suddenly took a sharp intake of breath, his grin falling to one of shock and then his body, unconscious and free from the spirit that possessed him, went limp and fell into Gerard’s warm and shaking arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story