Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dream For The Dead

The ghosts you chase you never catch

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 4 reviews

The small group of teenagers had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they began to discover the truth that misty, damp October.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-12-04 - Updated: 2011-12-05 - 779 words

0Unrated
Hey there, sorry about the wait. Had some trouble getting this up, so I hope that it works okay for you. Hope you like the story, please let me know if you do
xoxodakota
New Jersey. A particularly run down, dirty, grimy place in America were crime was rife, a place where most mothers were afraid and reluctant to let their children out after dark to play. Not even very safe during the daylight hours, when there were adults around, all in all it was not a partially pleasant place to be for those who disliked being in danger, blood or crime. The majority of the local residents there were never surprised to hear about the latest attack on a young woman or elderly, frail person, nor where they all that bothered by it. True, it was not nice and they felt a little sorry for family and friends, but it was accepted as part of everyday life there.
However, when young people, teenagers started vanishing in the early two thousands, their remains never found and no killer or abductor ever put to justice, people started to become concerned. Families were torn apart by the horrific, tragic disappearances, all the while desperately hoping that one day their children would return to them safely. Though as the weeks passed, and the months turned into years, it was strongly believed that the unfortunate kids had been murdered, though no bodies of the lost teens had ever been discovered…
Present day. 1st October 2011.
Frank Iero was a good kid, a happy one. He always had been, as a toddler he had never pulled any terrible hissy fits, nor had he tried to pull the pet dog’s furry black and white tail. The now seventeen year old was much loved by nearly everyone he met, his family adored him, his small, yet extremely close group of friends that were admittedly all of the female variety looked up to him. True, he was not the most popular kid in the school he attended, nor did he get straight A`s he had a mostly happy, decent life, one without a care in the world.
He was born an d raised a catholic, though over time and slightly to his parents irritation, over the years he had almost complety turned his back on his faith, finding it too difficult to get his head round. He didn’t question much about things such as the supernatural, he had an undying love of horror movies, but he didn’t believe in anything like ghosts. They were the work of fiction, spooky bedtime stories created with the sole purpose of frightening young children into doing as they were told.

“Frankie!” A brown and red haired girl with blue eyes rushed towards him, her shoulder length, wavy hair flying out behind her.
Laughing as he embraced one of his best friends Frank teasingly joked about how she was so excited to see him.
“Let the poor guy breathe, Hozzie!” another girl, who had black hair with electric blue streaks through it giggles, walking up behind the two, standing in the middle of two other girls. One of them, Hester Ellery was wearing her favourite pair of powder blue doc martens and a lacy sleeveless top, the slight chill in the air not seeming to affect the girl with the odd, yet extremely cool hair. The girl on the left side of Gabe, had short messy black hair, and was wearing red skinny jeans and a Green Day hoodie to keep the cold off.
The girl that had hugged Frank narrowed her eyes slightly, trying to keep the smile off of her face as she took in her friends. “Hi Gabe, Kate, Hester.” She faces the black and blue haired Gabe. “And Frankie could breath, couldn`t you?” she demands an answer from him, grinning as he shakes his head.
“So anyways, what do you want to do after we get out of this shithole at three?” Hozzie asks her friends, leaning back against the crumbling red bricked wall of the school.
“Dunno.” Frank replies, taking a brand new packet of cigarettes out of his jacket pocket, scrambling around in the other desperate for his lighter, cursing loudly when he realises it isn’t there.
“Chill dude.”
The bell rings, signifying the beginning of the teen’s hellish, boring day at school, the loud shrieking sound hurting their eardrums slightly. Sighing they all slowly and regretfully make their way inside the building.
The small group of music loving teenagers had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they began to discover the truth that misty, damp October.
Sign up to rate and review this story