Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Save me from myself

Sleepy Shopper

by EverMore 2 reviews

Mall, foes, gum. 'Nuff said.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-12-08 - Updated: 2011-12-09 - 1665 words

2Moving
Saturday, the best day of the week had finally come. Although, I hardly ever had plans and was always dwelling alone in the basement, it was a day that I knew I would be safe from that Hell-hole called school. Of course Sunday was also a day off, but it was usually wasted with homework assignments and the growing dread for Monday to arrive that just seemed to get heavier and heavier as the day wore on.

As many know, I am not a morning person. The earliest I will wake up and a weekend is one in the afternoon, but today, on my only true day of freedom, our mom suggested we go shopping for new clothes. This meant we had to be up and out of the house by nine to beat the crowds.

Yes, I admit I am not the nicest smelling person in the world. Mikey and I have been told that we have an odd body odor. Anything our clothes touch also will reek of the Way brother's stench. So mom tends to take us shopping more that the adverage kid.

My hand propped under my chin, I stared mindlessly out the window while mom tapped her fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of her CD. I watched the rain drops pelt against the windshield and trickled down the side of the passenger's window, blurring the colors of the outdoor world swirl into vastly different shades of gray. The only thing remotely visible was the condensation covering the glass from the air that excaped my lips, thickening with the suspire and receding with the expel of my lungs rhythmically.

At last, we passed by some fimilar neon signs signaling we had made it to our destination. Cars lined the mall's parking lot and we had to circle numerous times to find a spot to leave the car. Lucky us, it was one-fucking-million miles away from the front door.

After getting drenched by the hail-like rain and being greeted with an ocean of water sprayed on us by an asshole driving by a huge puddle, we finally made it into the building. The scent of giant pretzels and burnt popcorn wafted through the air and hit my nose as soon as the automatic doors welcomed us in. I looked over to see my mom and brother trying to get the worst of the grimmy water out of their hair and clothes as possible. Mikey was just wiping off his glasses when he looked up to find me smirking at his soggy figure.

"What are you laughing at? You're soaked too, y'know!" He grumbled, obviously not a morning person either.

"I know I am wet, but at least I don't look like a half drowned mouse," I mocked, giggling harder when his face turned as red as the scarf around his neck.

"Boys, don't fuss. I am going to go look around to see if I can find any decent sales. We will meet back here in a few hours..." She sighed, letting her voice trail off as she headed towards one of her favorite shoe stores. I looked over to see Mikey's back to me as he, too, had wondered off. I stood awkwardly in the food court for a few moments trying to figure out which way to go. I didn't exactly bring any money to buy things I wanted, nor did I have anyone to hang out with and after teasing Mikey, I didn't think he was in the mood to let me tag along behind him today.

I stood there dripping on the floor and biting my nails awkwardly as I gazed around. Sighing, I started walking down the random, crowded halls and tried not to think about how much it reminded me of my stressful life at school. I walked by the window of each store to see advertisements of half-naked people that were unnaturally skinny, promoting some shit that doesn't even work or is only avalible in sizes 0 to -20.

I stopped and peered at my barily visible reflection in the window of the store to compare myself to the man on the poster before me. I gazed at his straight, bleached white teeth then look back at my slightly coffee stained, crooked ones. His hair was neatly combed and had a nice shine, mine was a raven nightmare that had been neglected and held an ubundance of split ends. He had a "hot beach bod" with sun-kissed skin and I had a flabby physique with the complection of a corpse. He had a two equally pretty girls on each arm and I had two lanky boys with big grins and an amused look in their eyes, flanking me.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head as I stared back at them through the glass. Snickers excaped their lips as Jamie strutted up behind me; a toothpick trapped in between his bucked teeth.

"Top of the morning, Faggoty Ann! Yer outta your vamp cave kinda early, ain't ya?" Jamie sneered, harshly gripping my shoulder and spinning me to face him and his gang. A small whimper escaped my lips and my legs began tremble. This caused his eyes to glow, well aware that he was in control. I wildly snatched a glance of each face. Jamie with his splintering toothpick, Jack biting his lip to suppress his hyena laughter, and Cody chewing his gum like a psychotic cow.

"Relax, twitchy," Jack spat, "We ain't gunna hurt ya... yet. We jus' wanna let ya know that you an yer lil' friend better watch yer backs." I gulped. I had to warn Frankie. My head began to spin as I thought back to our last encounter with them.

"See you and yer butt-buddy Monday, Cinderfella!" Cody cackled as he scrapped his wad of bubble gum out of his fowl mouth and pressed it deep within the confines of my hair. They all burst out laughing and started towards a popular college clothing store.

Anger and fear lashed around in a knarled mess inside my head, weaving in and out of rational thoughts of how to deal with the situation. I felt my eyes begin to sting from the sudden attack of emotions, so I made my way to the nearest bathroom to try and get the worst of the gum out. Bursting through the door, I startle a man just on his way out. I wasn't in the most apologetic of moods, so I just pushed my way past, earning a sarcastic "excuse you" as I stomped over to the mirror over hanging the sink. I quickly glanced around and peeked under the graffiti covered stalls to make sure I was alone before I started sifting through my hair to yank out as much of the rubbery mess as possible. I dug my fingers into the slimy, pink wad and yanked it out little by little, swearing each time I pulled out a few strands from my ebony locks. Even though I had a good amount of gum lying on the counter beside me, there was still an ungodly amount nesting in my hair. Groaning, I decided that was all I could get out at the moment.

Just as I was about to clean up the mess I had made, the door swung open to reveal Mikey. Confusion etched itself on his face as he inspected my situation. "Did you get in a fight with a gumball machine and lose?" He half smirked at me, most likely enjoying his quick chance to get even with me for teasing him earlier. Although, I was in no mood to play along with his stupid games.

"Shut up, Mikey..." I growled with a hint of defeat. He instantly wiped the grin off his face and came to my aid. Admittedly, this was a normal occurance, so he was used to see me in this state after getting abused in some shape or form by my peers. It wasn't that be poking fun at me to be mean, but simply because he wanted to try and lighten the mood. I knew he meant well, but at times when things seem so bleak nothing could lift my spirits.

I pressed my back up against the cool, cream colored wall and slid down into a sitting position as he stepped closer to plop down next to me. Even though Mikey was my go to man when it came to sharing secrets, I couldn't be completely truthful with the situation I was in. It was obvious that the bullies hadn't layed a finger on me besides the gum in my hair and I could tell that Mikes was grateful to see that for once, but what he didn't know was the delightful surprise that awaits me on Monday. If mom found out, I'd surely be forced to stay home. Usually, I'd love for that to happen, but I can't leave Frankie alone to face what we are both equally neck deep in. I sat there silently thinking of what to do next.

Suddenly, an idea took shape in my head. Granted it wasn't the best plan and, Hell, it probably won't even work, but it is worth a try. I glance over at Mikey who is patiently waiting on me while picking a loose button on his jacket.

"What...?" Mikey said slowly, the suspison clearly showing in his hazel eyes that are almost a mirror image of my own. I bit my lip to try and stop them from curling into a sly smirk.

"Uh, hey Mikey... Do you still have that sling from when you sprained your arm in the 4th grade?"

Thanks bunches guys and gals. I really love that everyone still is reading on, even though I completely abandoned this thing for, like, months. I am trying, but it is still coming slowly. I will post when ever possible. R&R if you are so inclined.
xøxø
~Ever~
Sign up to rate and review this story