Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burn This City Down

Chapter Twenty Three - Sometimes Killjoys Die

by McrmyBVBparawhore 2 reviews

Korse took advantage of Poison's state and grabbed him by his jacket and held him against a wall. Poison made no effort to stop him.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-10 - Updated: 2011-12-10 - 1728 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N If you didn't hate me last chapter, you'll probably hate me now, but bare with me, it's all a REALLY important part of the story! Thanks to mychemicalbitchbot for reviewing. Enjoy ;)


Chapter Twenty Three - Sometimes Killjoys Die


"I'm not letting him just take my daughter, kill Acid, kill Rose and just let him get away with it, there's no way I'm letting him do that." Poison said when they got into Cherri and Static's place.
"What happened?" Static asked.
"Korse fucking took Grace. We're going to the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W unit and we're getting her back."
"What? You can't do that, it'll be a suicide mission." Cherri said.
"Not if we do it carefully." It was getting a little darker outside, but it didn't matter.
They all got their stuff together, then they were about to get into their, when Static stopped Kobra.
"Kobra, can I talk to you for a second?"
"Um . . . okay." They walked away from the Trans Am for a couple of minutes.
"Look, I know that things have been weird between us when you got here, and I just wanted to say that . . . I'm sorry I left. I know that it was out of the blue, but . . . we didn't want to get caught. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm really fucking sorry." And I'm two months pregnant with your baby, she added in her head.
"It's okay." He wanted to hate her, he wanted to loathe her for leaving him, but he couldn't, he loved her too much to hate her.
"One more thing, be careful out there. Promise me."
"I promise." She hugged him and he didn't hesitate to hug her back. They stayed like that for a couple of seconds, just holding eachother. They both wanted to tell one and other that they loved eachother, but they couldn't, they really wanted to, but they couldn't find it in themselves to say it out loud.
"I'd better go." He said, still hugging her.
She pulled away and smiled at him, trying not to let her emotions get the best of her.
"Okay. Kobra?"
"Yeah?"
She kissed him on the cheek. "Good luck."
He smiled. "Thanks." He kissed her on the lips for a little longer than nessicary and left her behind. She watched them drive away, hoping that it wouldn't be the last time that she would see them.
Poison put the radio on, Sing was playing.
None of them talked in the car, they all knew that they would most likely die when they got to the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W unit, but it wasn't stopping them from trying to get Grace back. They all loved Grace like she was apart of their family, they wanted nothing more than to protect her, so none of them were going to let her stay with the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws or Better Living.
Poison could see the barrier to where Battery City was, he drove through it while some Better Living employees aimed to shoot at them. He drove past them and crash through the barrier, briefly glancing behind him.
The Better Living employee pressed a button, alterting Dr. Isoda and Korse that there were Killjous coming.
Dr. Isoda pressed a button that woke up Korse from his cubicle. She loved controling the robot that was Korse, she was the one who was behind Better Living and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, she just didn't want to be the face of Better Living. Korse was half human half robot. Korse had orginally been a person called Grant, he made the mistake of falling in love with Dr. Isoda and she knew that he would do anything for her, so she asked him to be a gueanie pig for a 'small' experiment (as she put it) and he agreed to do it for her. He still wasn't a good person, so don't go feeling sorry for him, he worked for Better Living and he knew exactly what they were planning on doing to everyone and he supported it. They placed metal bones and wires inside Grant so that he became stronger, they put in a chip in the back of his neck so that they could control him, and they replaced his feelings with pure hatred. With the way they programed him, he'd always be Korse, the robot that was made in a labartory. No Killjoys had any knowledge of that, the only person that knew was Dr. Isoda. She'd erased all of the surgeons memories of making Grant into Korse so that the surgeons didn't tell anybody about it.
When they got to the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W unit, there were already Draculoids shooting at them, but they easily killed them before the caused them any physical harm.
It didn't take them long to get to Grace. They killed everyone in the room and Poison hugged his daughter.
"Why did you come?" She asked, her voice quiet.
"There was no way we were letting you stay here, come on kid, let's go." He pulled away and they started walking towards the exit, knowing that there would be Draculoids waiting for them there.
Korse and some Draculoids came out of an elevator while the Fabulous Killjoys where in front of them. They knew that Korse and the Draculoids were behind them, but they didn't acknowledge their presence.
When they got to a wide area of the unit, they turned around and hell broke lose, there were lazer beams everywhere going in one direction or another.
Poison and Kobra stood back to back while shooting at Draculoids, if they weren't possibley going to die, then they would've laughed at how they looked, but they knew that it wasn't a time for laughing.
Kobra ran over somewhere else to kill a Draculoid and Poison pulled of one of there masks while shoting it in the back. He froze when he saw who it was. It was Jimmy. Jimmy Urine. When he saw that it wasn't a robot, that was a friend of his, or used to be a friend of his, he took deep breaths.They'd been doing that all along, they were never robots, they were just people who'd been brainwashed into thinking they were made for killing. He looked around the warzone he was standing in. He started shooting at Draculoids and perpously missing so that he didn't kill them, not letting go of Jimmy's mask. He glanced at him on the floor, he was definately dead, there was no sign of life in Jimmy. He was lying on the floor with his eyes closed and he definately wasn't breathing.
I'm a murderer, he thought.
Korse took advantage of Poison's state and grabbed him by his jacket and held him against a wall. Poison made no effort to stop him. Korse pressed his gun into Poison's jaw. Korse tilted his head and smiled a creepy smile that almost made Poison want to throw up.
"Poison!" Kobra shouted when he saw that Korse had had brother conered.
"Game over." He said and pulled the trigger.
Grace screamed at the top of her lungs.
Poison's body fell to the ground, his crimson hair was in his face
"POISON!" Kobra screamed when he saw his brother fall to the floor. He started running over to him.
"I'LL KILL YOU, YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!" He had his gun ready to fire, but he was shot by a Drac and he fell to the ground before he could shoot the monster that had just killed his brother, the only family he had left.
Ghoul, Grace and Jet started running towards the glass doors. When Jet and Grace got out, Fun Ghoul closed the doors.
"NO, GHOUL!" Grace shouted.
"Save yourself, I'll hold them back." They could only just hear him through the glass.
They didn't have time to convince him to go with them, so they did only thing they could, they ran. Jet made sure that he didn't lose Grace.
The lazers made a smashing noise when it hit the glass doors, creating tiny holes in them while they tried to hit Fun Ghoul. Ghoul carried on shooting at the Draculoids, he knew it was too late for him, but he also knew that Grace was okay, he knew that they'd done their job of protecting her. He was shot in the shoulder first.
"FUCK!" He shouted. He knew that these were his final minutes. I'm coming, Poison and Kobra. I'll see you soon, he thought. It was comforting knowing that if there was a life after death, then he wouldn't be alone. He would have people who would be waiting for him. Ghoul's entire family was still alive in Battery City, he knew that, he'd actually snook out of Battery City before he became a Killjoy.
Cherri drove towards Jet and Grace. Cherri, Static, Death, Show Pony and Dr. Death had followed them not long after the Fabulous Killjoys left.
Ghoul was shot straight in the chest and he fell to the ground with a loud thud.
Show Pony got out of the van and started shooting at Draculoids.
When Jet was almost at the van, he was shot in the chest and fell onto the Trans Am.
"JET!" Grace shouted. Dr. Death held his arms out for his Granddaughter and she climbed into them.
Show Pony got back into the van and Cherri started driving away.
They zipped up all of the Fabulous Killjoys in the body bags that they put Acid in, too.
Dr. Isoda watched them drive away from her window with a genuin smile placed on her lips for once in her life.
"We've won." She said to herself and walked away, not glancing back at the mess she'd made.


Death did only what she could. She cried. Her sister was dead and now her best friend was gone, too.
They were all crying now. It wasn't like they didn't have a good reason to, the only ones who weren't crying were Dr. Death and Show Pony, they were trying to be strong for Grace's sake.
"No." Grace said while wrapped in her grandfather's arms. "They can't be dead. They just can't."
Sign up to rate and review this story