Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2: The Secrets Behind Her Smile

Midnight

by Elsask 2 reviews

The kids go out for a dinner out while Hera is quietly relaxing when something disturbs her quiet moment.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-06-19 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1181 words

1Exciting
Hey guys sorry but I have finals going on right now so I am a little busy, but I have good news for me, we won our baseball final game!! Ya Gold!! Anyways, again I apologize for not writing in about I guess a week... Also, one last thing could you guys give me some feedback?
R&R plz



"See you later Herry." Jay waved Herry goodbye as Herry dissapeared into his truck.

"See you." Herry gave a quick wave before he closed the solid red door and started to drive away.

Herry was on his way to his Granny's for the rest of the day, to let his thoughts clear, and maybe if he was lucky to stop thinking about Helen. I should have brought Neil along.

Jay returned to the brownstone, inside the building, everyone was doing regular activities, everything looked normal but if you looked deeper, everyone was a little dismal. It was his job as the leader to bring everyone's spirits up, but it was rather hard when he was blue himself, but it was the leader's job no matter how he felt, the team came first.

He sat himself on the couch, and quietly whispered into Theresa's ear, "Spread the word, we're all going out for pizza tonight." Theresa looked over at him a little disappointed, she got up and went into the kitchen with Atlanta.

What did she want me to say?

0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Hera sat at the hearth quietly reading a modern book Jay had suggested to her. The blazing fire's warmth slowly crept from her toes up to her legs, giving a soothing feeling that may have hushed her to sleep. With a beautifully embroidered blanket Athena had made herself wrapped around her, Hera was at last able to relax after the long hectic few days she had lately. The atmosphere was dark around her but making it even more cozy and ambient.

Her snug moment wasn't meant to be long lasting though as a cool draft blew down her neck giving a shiver down her spin. She pulled the blanket closer. For the first time she took her eyes off her book, something didn't feel right.

The cozy room had lost its feeling. Something moved in the corner of her eye. Hera shook her head it must have been her imagination, who would want to sneak around her room at this time of night? She went back to her hardback. It wasn't long until she had the eerie feeling someone was watching her from behind. She set the book on the side table, and she threw the blanket off. She stood up, turned her back to the flames and stared into the darkness challenging the lurking suspicion. Again, something caught the corner of her eye, she moved quickly to the activity. Nothing was there. She called out with her mind to the creature lurking in the shadows. Just emptiness responded.

Athena burst into the room, on her toes ready for action, her makhaira drawn. "Hera, someone has accessed this area of the school." She clapped her hands and the lights illuminated the room.

There in the corner sat a shadowy figure, not bothered about being revealed, probably waiting for this moment. She sat there leisurely crossing her legs across the armrest, and spread out across the chair, looking at her fingernails.

"Helen."

"Why hello, Athena, Hera." She nodded to both of them, every word that left her mouth had at least a hint of being cynical and derisive.

"What do you what?" Hera commanded, taking a step toward the intruder.

"Why I only ask of your time." She said mocklingly. "Is it that hard to believe?"

"Cut to the chase already."

"Not just yet." She gave them a malevolent smirk. "Don't want to know how I got in here first?" She asked innocently.

"How did you?"

She produced her medallion similar to the ones the other teenagers had received. Her initial flashing in the light, just like her evil smile. "It isn't that hard when you have a V.I.P. pass." Tossing the necklace up, she nimbly casually got up from her spot and caught the access key in her hand. Helen walked along the border of the room making her way to the two goddesses obliquely, touching almost everything as she went along: curtains, wallpaper, ornaments...

Athena murmured something that they should never have given her a medallion.

"Now, I'll get down to business, but alas I am just the messenger." She stopped at the fireplace, staring deeply into the inferno. Those brown eyes, who do they belong to? Why does it awake these unknown feelings? She returned to the real world.
She advanced on the two, being graceful and her hips swaying with each step.

They precautiously step back from the dangerous delinquent.

Helen solidified in her hand from the air a long steel tipped spear. She looked at it playfully and tossed it up into the air catching it with a throwing grip.

Athena and Hera prepared for the worst as they were ready to pounce at the given moment.

The feline-like female stuck a piece of paper on the edge of the spear.

Hera and Athena quickly glanced at each other confused. What in the world is she doing?
Before they could linger on their thoughts, Helen lunged her body forward and cast the spear straight at her enemies.

The projectile whizzed past the heads' of Athena and Hera, and into the little space between them, twanging into the wall behind them. The twosome stood their in shock, they knew her aim, why didn't she strike one of them? Was it a miss?

They gradually spun their heads to the wall to see the spear still vibrating, driven into the wall deeply, a large crack strewed across the surface. The note still intact.

Somebody isn't going to be too happy about this. As Hera looked at the gap, overwhelmed.

Their heads turned once again to the malicious foe, by her face, it looked like she did that on purpose. "I wouldn't want to hurt you, then it wouldn't be fun anymore. Besides, that isn't my job."

"I have to leave, and don't worry, I don't think I will intrude on this place again that would ruin all the enjoyment. Cronus won't know where there is either, our little secret. Bye now." She gave a gentle, impish wave, and the room suddenly went pitch black. When Athena was able to restore light once again, Helen was gone.

Hera walked over to the wall and ripped the piece of paper from the spear point. She eyed Athena then the parchment again. "A letter from Cronus never means well."

okay and if you haven't got it yet Helen can make weapons appear out of thin air. Next chapter maybe coming in a week (major, supernova writer's block)
Sign up to rate and review this story