Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2: The Secrets Behind Her Smile

Understanding

by Elsask 0 reviews

“Why do you keep coming back here?"

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-23 - Updated: 2011-12-24 - 579 words

0Unrated
Herry found himself once again walking that path that led to his ‘hide-out’. He did not even know why, and he didn’t know what he would do if he did find Helen. Hera’s command was clear, and besides, she didn’t even remember anything about Herry anymore. The clearing of trees was just a few feet away and he could see the park bench. She wasn’t there. He came up to bench and sat down. Looking at the small pond, he gave out a small sigh. This was the eighth time he had come out here with that small amount of hope. Why do you keep doing this Herry? She doesn’t even remember you. Herry got up and started to walk back through the way he came.
“Why do you keep coming back here?" A faint voice said from behind him.
Herry turned around to see Helen perched in a tree, she had been watching him. She jumped down from the tree and landed softly on the ground.
Herry was debating if he should run, but his feet were firmly planted where they were. He just stared into her eyes. "In all honesty, I hope to see you."
“I don’t understand. You are my sworn enemy and yet….” She looked of into the distance, recalling the past few months. This man had saved her from falling into a volcano when she had accidentally slipped when the teenagers were fighting on top of a mountain. She also wasn’t oblivious to the way that he was docile when he fought her. But why? “you’ve helped me, you won’t attack me, and I am aware that you have come here several times.” Is he drawn to this place like I am?
“Helen, if I told you, you wouldn’t even believe me.”
“That might change. You may be my nemesis, but I have learned that you and your little group of teenagers are more honourable than Cronus could ever be. Things are changing.” She took a few steps closer. “I am willing to listen.”
Herry just stood there in shock. Is this actually happening? No, this must be some sort of trap. He looked warily at her, but she just looked blankly at him. “What do you want to hear?”
“You had alluded of something between us…I want to hear your version of you and me.” She motioned towards the bench as she started to stride towards it. “Don’t worry, I won’t attack.”
She is just as beautiful as before. Herry followed behind her cautiously, and sat down at a fair distance from her on the bench.
“Well Helen, you weren’t always like this. At one point, you were with us.” Herry looked over to try and gauge her emotions but she was looking out at the water. “As for me and you well… I lo—I cared a lot about you Helen. We were in a relationship.” We still are.
“So we were dating?” She finally looked over at him and the man nodded in confirmation. Helen gave out a sigh and buried her head in her eyes. “I don’t know what to believe.” Suddenly, Helen realized that nagging feeling in the back of her head, the one that haunted her ceaselessly, that she did not understand had stopped. Is it because of…him? She glanced over at the guy as he gazed at her with concern.
Sign up to rate and review this story