Categories > TV > WWE > The Taste of Ink

Lips

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Prompt word: Lips

Category: WWE - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-12-30 - Updated: 2011-12-31 - 492 words - Complete

0Unrated
Prompt: Lips
Author: tjsparkles

Chris was speaking, Alex knew this because he could see his partner’s lips moving, but he was totally lost on what Chris was saying. The reason for this was because he just wasn’t paying attention, which was pretty common for him whenever Chris spoke, at least lately. It was both baffling yet intriguing to Alex, as he had always had a short attention span when it came to Chris anyway. He wasn’t sure if his inability to remain focused on anything Chris said was noticeable or not. He hoped that it wasn’t, because there was no way he’d be able to explain what was going on and why he was feeling this way. Alex was normally a very eloquent person, but for some reason, with Chris, there were times when all rational thought would fly out of his mind and he would find himself struggling with words.

Not only that, how the hell was Alex supposed to tell his best friend that he was completely mesmerized by his lips? It sounded corny and cheesy to him; he couldn’t imagine what Chris’ reaction would be. Corny or not, though, it was true. Alex had been completely focused on nothing but Chris’ lips as of late, and he found his thoughts traveling to them and what they could do, how they would feel on him, a great deal lately. But could he really be blamed for that? Chris had a hell of a set of lips on him, and Alex was sure he wasn’t the only one to be distracted by them.

“Alex?” Chris’ voice broke through the foggy atmosphere of Alex’s mind, forcing him back into reality. “You okay, man?”

“Yeah, of course,” Alex replied, hoping that he sounded nonchalant and that it wasn’t obvious that he’d just been staring at Sabin’s lips for the better part of ten minutes. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“You’ve been quiet,” Chris answered, arching a brow as he looked at Alex curiously.

“I have been?”

“Unusually so.” Though Chris knew that he would more than likely get either a scowl or a dirty look from Alex for the next question, he asked it anyway.

“Something on your mind?”

Alex contemplated telling Chris how he felt, but then decided against it, figuring that it would only make things more awkward. He was unsure as to whether or not the word “relationship” could be applied to them at the moment, and so he decided that he’d just wait until a more appropriate time to tell Chris what he had been thinking.

“Nope.” He managed to sound convincing this time, at least to himself, and apparently he sounded convincing to Chris as well, because he let the topic drop and went back to what he’d been talking about before, while Alex tried to sort out the messy thoughts in his head.
Sign up to rate and review this story